Killington Grand Resort Hotel

Expedia.com Booking.com

Tags

Spa and Resort Skiing and Boarding Adventure Travel
See Amenities

Killington's Only ski in/ski out resort

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 28, 2006

We stayed at the Killington Grand in Novemeber 2004. The resort was very accomidating - we drove overnight from VA and got there at about 5 AM. We were not scheduled to check-in until that evening but they let us go ahead and check-in anyway for no extra charge. The unit it's self was a studio room that slept 4. It had everything except a washer and dryer but they did have facilities in the hotel that I used. The laundry faclitilies were well kept but I would hate to see how busy it is during full season. Our room had a full kitchen so we ate in most of the time. The hotel did have a resturant but it was very pricey and had strange hours. We had a sleep sofa and a wall bed in the room. They gave you free green mountain coffee for you room and free refills once it was out. This was a nice full service hotel. The bathroom in the unit was just a plain jane bath with another sink outside of the main bath area. There was not a lot of room, I would not recommend this for more than two adults. It would probably be crowded for more than 2 people period. The room had a nice size tv but no dvd player or stereo. I think it might have had vhs but who still uses vhs???

Unique Quality: The pool was AWESOME!!!! You could watch the slopes from the pool. It had a small indoor area that had big plasic dividers that you swim through to get outside. The pool was very warm and connected to two hot tubs. The jets weren't that strong but they still felt nice. They had a fairly large arcade that had air hockey and lots of other games. I have to say that a couple machines took our money but they fixed the machines midweek. The slopes weren't open in full swing. I think there were only about 11 trails open but the conditions were still nice. On the weekend it was REALLY CROWDED - I felt like I was going to get ran over. During the week it was nice and we didn't have to wait in line for the gondola. I think that is probably one of the best things that Killington has - the gondola. It makes for a nice warm trip to the top! Gondolas are rare in the east so it's a nice change to ride up in the warmth. Other than the crowds and the expensive lift tickets I would have to say this is one of the best resorts in the east. Set up very well and has a great nightlife. Pay the extra money and stay here - it's worth it for the ski-in/ski-out!!! The parking on Killington is a nightmare- people park on the side of the road and have to walk up to the lifts - I'm not sure about you but I don't want to walk up the side of the road in the snow! If you are an RCI owner getting a place here is usually pretty difficult so if you see a week open up you better jump on it!

Directions: At the top of Killington Road!!

Nearby Killington Grand Resort Hotel

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Killington Travel Forum

Need advice about Killington, Vermont? Visit the Travel Forum for Killington and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Killington hotel reviews