Courtyard By Marriott Middlebury

grandmaR's Profile Photo

Room not Ready

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 15, 2014

We got to the hotel about 3:45. (The GPS said it was on the left, and it was on the right) And our room would not be ready for 20 minutes to half an hour. Bob said we would just sit in the lobby, but I was not OK with that. They should be ready for us to check in at 3 and waiting until 4:30 was not going to do it. So they gave us another room and it is probably better as it is close enough to the parking lot that I can walk.

There is a "Bistro" open for breakfast and dinner and I thought we could get a little something to eat there for dinner. But breakfast is not included and Bob went down and looked and said they were charging $3.75 for a banana and that was ridiculous. Everything that is on their menu can be purchase for much cheaper at the store across the street.

I don't know if they have various softness of pillows or not, but the one I got was way too fat and I went out and got mine from the car.

Unique Quality: There is wi-fi and it seems to work OK, although all day yesterday it said I had no connection, and I did. There is a fridge and microwave.

They have a funny half wall by the toilet which means I can't put my inhaler or other items on the counter and reach them while I'm sitting on the toilet. There appears tp be a place to sit in the tub, but I don't know if I could sit on it and shower.

The room is quite big for a hotel room

Nearby Courtyard By Marriott Middlebury

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Middlebury Travel Forum

Need advice about Middlebury, Vermont? Visit the Travel Forum for Middlebury and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Middlebury hotel reviews