Comfort Inn at Maplewood

Expedia.com Booking.com

Front desk problems

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 5, 2011

Although we enjoyed our stay for the most part, when I had called ahead to book an extra night at the hotel on the front end of our trip, I was told I had an "odd name" by the lady at the desk. When we arrived, I discovered she had not booked us for the additional night. To be fair, the room was nice, and so was the lobby, which had games, cookies and hot cider... all very nice.

But there's more. The day before we left, I called the front desk and asked if we could get late checkout. It was not late in the day, early afternoon... my son wasn't feeling well, and I thought he could use a little extra sleep. There was much hesitation and not the greatest attitude on the phone. I was asked how late I wanted, and I said 1:00. I was made to hold while the receptionist checked with housekeeping, and then I was told I could only get until 12:30. I said that was fine, but the next morning we chose not to take any extra time and checked out at around 10:00.

When the guy at the desk asked about our stay, I told him it was very nice, but I mentioned the fact that we weren't booked for the extra night on arrival. (I didn't mention the "odd name" comment... it's a Greek name, btw, and most people like it.) Then I told him about the difficulty over my request for late checkout. I was pretty much scolded by him (yes, really), in front of another guest, and told I should have requested late checkout when I originally booked the reservation instead of the day before checkout. No apology for anything. That's when I decided to write this review.

theo1006's Profile Photo

Truly all-in

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 12, 2007

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for four days to attend the graduation of our daughter at Norwich University. We found the service amiable, and the room very well equipped (including iron and ironing table).

Only drawback we found the location, rather far from Montpelier center if you have no car. But there is a bus leaving from Staple Plaza across the road. Berlin Mall is on walking distance (but who walks in Vermont?).

Unique Quality: More hotels should provide free internet access like Comfort Inn. Local calls are free too. And so is an unlimited supply of coffee and tea. The rate is truly all-in.
Rooms can accommodate four; good for mom, dad and two kids.

Directions: Coming by Interstate 89 from the south, take exit #7 (road 62 direction Barre). Turn right at the first traffic lights, directly around the corner is Comfort Inn on your right.

Nearby Comfort Inn at Maplewood

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Montpelier Travel Forum

Need advice about Montpelier, Vermont? Visit the Travel Forum for Montpelier and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Montpelier hotel reviews