5817 Woodstock Rd, Quechee, VT 05059
Quality Inn Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Quality Inn At Quechee Gorge

My favorite Vermont B&B

by chrisruns about Parker House Inn

We decided to go to Quechee so that I could run in the Covered Bridges Half Marathon. Our short 5 hour road trip from NYC to Quechee, VT started out hectic. I had my 2 year old son, mother, and husband... along with all our outdoor sporting goods crammed into our car (notice I did not say SUV). We got a later start than we intended, and I was in a rush to get on the road before it nightfall. Needless to say, after about two hours of driving, we were all a bit anxious to get out of the car and relax.

Quechee is amazing in itself. It is a quaint town with little shops, and lots of beautiful scenery. We were not disappointed in our decision to go to Quechee for the weekend. When we arrived at our B&B, we were even more happy with our choice. The Parker Inn is beautiful. The owners, Adam and Alexandra, are also delightful and very accomodating. They welcomed our 2 year old with open arms. Not all B&Bs welcome children, so we were very happy that this one did. We stayed in one of the larger rooms- it had a queen bed and 2 twin beds. It also had a small living room, dining room, and kitchen. It truly is perfect for a family, because of its size and location within the house. Not only were the accomodations perfect, the food at the inn was excellent. The breakfast was perfect and dinner was top of the line. They made an impromptu pasta dinner the night before the race for those of us competing. It was very thoughtful of the owners.

Our overall stay was wonderful, and we will certainly come back again sooner than later. great views from the restaurant patio, comfortable rooms, friendly staff, house is nicely decorated, good breakfast

Hike the Quechee Gorge Trail

by WheninRome

This short trail, approximately one mile round trip, takes you to the bottom of the Quechee Gorge. As much as I enjoy saying the word "Kee-chee", this trail left much to be desired. I can find surpassable views in my backyard at the Cuyahoga Valley National Park with less people around. Better entertainment would be to see if the people wearing high heels and smoking cigarettes as they walked down to the bottom of the Gorge have made it back up yet.

Taftville Area

by paulapes

"Four Pillars Bed & Breakfast"

"Have a Picnic"

Here's Chuck relaxing on our picnic blanket--we stopped next to the Quechee Gorge...see pic below

"Quechee Gorge"

This is right on Route 4 (okay, not right on, it's off to the side!)

Merry1's Vermont Page

by Merry1

I've lived in Vt. most of my life. Yes,it's cold here much of the year, but the Green Mountains are lovely, and the people friendly. For those planning a visit, choose your season according to your interests.Spring can be lovely, with no crowds and mild weather, but is often wet and muddy,especially early in the season, which makes hiking difficult if that is something you enjoy. Summer is lakes, hiking, outdoor recreation. Winter, skiing, skiing, skiing. We haven't had a whole lot of snow the past couple of years, and what we did get, fell mostly after Christmas. The ski resorts make snow, however, and they're worlds unto themselves, with restaurants,shops and nightspots. Woodstock is a good alternative {in any season} to the ski resort areas, a quaint New England Village near several ski areas, with cozy b&bs,shops, restaurants, a covered bridge taking you to a park and short hike up Mt. Tom with a great long view, and in nearby Quechee,the spectacular Quechee Gorge. The Billings Farm is also nearby, with plenty of farm activities to occupy the kids, and sleigh rides in winter.There is also good cross- country skiing in this area. Autumn brings often breathtaking foliage,country fairs, and clogged roadways. Other areas to consider are Weston {another small, quaint town}, or Burlington,{much bigger},a lovely college city set on Lake Champlain with a vibrant downtown, diverse cultural and restaurant opportunities,museums, parks, a railroad,ferries and boatrides,water sport,and a beautiful footpath that goes for miles around the lakeshore.While you're there,check out Ben&Jerrys in the nearby Waterbury area; it's a trip in more ways than one! Brattleboro, in southern Vermont is yet another area to consider; I've heard good things, but am not familiar enough with the town to comment.

Quechee GorgeQuechee Gorge

Trail along Quechee GorgeTrail along Quechee Gorge

September in new england

by bjpreston59

My husband and I are planning a trip through Vermont and New Hampshire in September. We will be coming from Ticondaroga NY. I would like to know any points of interest between there and maybe Woodstock. Should we allow a day of sightseeing and spend the night or keep driving on to the white mtns?

Re: September in new england

by nicolaitan

just a few suggestions - from ticonderoga take the ferry across lake champlain to get into vermont. take route i think 73 to 22A south to drive thru the rolling hills of vermont with the green mountains on your left. continue on one mile south of the interstate at fair haven and check out the center of town, one of the amazing village squares left behind by time, like it looked 50 years ago. the mansion on the nw corner used to be one of the best b and bs in the states but went broke, too far off the main road.

get back on 4E to rutland. just before rutland, you can go north to proctor on route 3, or is it 30 , to the marble museum. if you wish to drop a load of money, head south on 7 to the amazing discount stores, all the best brands, in manchester. along 4 between rutland and woodstock, all sorts of pricey antique stores.

woodstock is a lovely village, described as the prettiest in the US, by Good Housekeeping magazine. complete with working covered bridge. then drive further east to the kitchy Quechee with the great gorge. september is a good time to visit, between the summer season and the leaf peeping season. enjoy.

Simon Pearce in Quechee, Vt

by Carrieshiscameras

Just east of Woodstock is Quechee. On the river in an old brick building is Simon Pearce glassworks and restaurant. We had a fabulous lunch in the glass-enclosed room that juts out over the river and dam. The glassworks downstairs is very interesting and the gift shop is filled with beautiful things.
We didn't know about Quechee when we were driving around Vermont and feel very lucky that we stopped. We stood on the covered bridge while my husband took photos. When I got bored of the photos, I told him I was going to walk over and see what that white building was. That's when we found Simon Pearce, apparently after everyone else! We had a short wait for a table at lunch, but it would be well worth a long wait. There is plenty to see in the building.
We told our waiter that it was the perfect Vermont day with clouds and blue sky, the river and dam, and sheep on the hill. The waiter said if we came back in the evening, we would probably see hot air balloons, too.

Re: September in new england

by nicolaitan

agree entirely about Simon Pearce, both the glass blowing factory and the restaurant. it is on the far side of the river from US4.

Looking for Freeport ME. equivalent in Vermont ?

by jdowski

Hi All,

We live in CT. and are looking for a weekend getaway in VT in the Fall. We traveled to Freeport, ME. a few years ago and it was a perfect mix of country stuff for me & shopping for my wife. I'd like to find a location in VT. with similar amenities ? We've been to VT. before but my wife found parts to be too "in the middle of nowhere" for her taste.

Any suggestions ?

by Florida999

I would suggest the Stowe area. We have been there many times, and it's very nice in the winter and summer ( see my VT page on Vermont, if you like)
There is hiking and skiing, but also lots of shops and restaurants. I love Maine also, so most likely you will enjoy Vermont

by nicolaitan

woodstock and manchester are two popular southern vt villages we have visited several times each, both nice and not too small. manchester is pretty well known for lots of outlet stores but still has some charm left. woodstock has smaller stores, very quaint downtown, and the simon pearce glass factory and quechee gorge just a few miles away. each has a typical short nasty mountain golf course, pricy but very scenic. both have a major resort and lots of b and b places, as well as some decent eating.

by klmousseau

Stowe is a nice area.

Or Burlington is an option - bigger city, but plenty of shopping!

Woodstock is a nice town too, but rather small. Quiche Gorge is there for scenery.

Or you can check out NY towns! Lake George has an outlet center and other shops. Plus it's in the Adirdondacks - so there are some nice hikes nearby, plus Lake George itself offers activities and cruises.

Enjoy!