Grey Fox Inn And Resort

Tags

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities

not a good pic

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 17, 2006

I thought it very average,but not worth the200.00 a nite that they charged,considering there was not even a continental breakfast included.The rooms were very clean,altough the blankets were very thinand the pillows were like hard chiclets.The bartender in yhe lounge tabbed everyone out at 11.00,but let these people he new from another hotel drink and pay himm later.HMMMM. All in all we would stay somewhere else next time

eeepap Feb 25, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I stayed at the Grey Fox Inn in Stowe Vermont for three nights with my wife and three children. The first morning I was woken up at 04:30 am by the room phone ringing. My wife missed the call and it rang again at 04:45 am. I picked up the phone and it was an automated wake up call. These calls woke my children and it took a long time for them to fall back asleep before a long day ahead. That morning I spoke with the front desk clerk and he advised me that the manger would be in touch with me soon. Two days later the manager never called me. I again went to the front desk and spoke with a different clerk who got in touch with the manager. James informed me that the Inn did not have an automated wake up call system. I informed him that I was not making this up and it did happen. I did not even ask for anything besides knowing how it happened. He told me that he would get back to me and never did. I checked out the next day and nothing was done about my situation. The first clerk and James the manger blew me off. The staff could care less about customer service and responsibility.
There is an indoor pool but it depends on which building you are in. We were placed in a separate building and had to walk through the snow to get to the pool. The walkways and entrances were not shoveled any of the days we were there. The driveway was not plowed until the second day of walking through it to get to the pool. The entrance ways were snow packed and slippery from not being shoveled. The pool was barely warm and the room was cold. The pool bathrooms / showers were disgusting. They smelled and the floors were dirty. There were dirty clothes in the sinks and dirty towels on the floors.
The room heat was also an issue. I had to place the thermostat on eighty degrees just to get the room to seventy.

Nearby Grey Fox Inn And Resort

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Stowe Travel Forum

Need advice about Stowe, Vermont? Visit the Travel Forum for Stowe and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Stowe hotel reviews