Stoweflake Mountain Resort Spa

Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa
Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• AliasGirl's Profile Photo

Great Resort to Stay in Stowe!

In February 2004, my husband and I and two other couples stayed in Stowe for a few days. We didn't stay at the Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa but we did visit the hotel and the property.

As the boys went off to work or do some hard core skiing, we ladies spent half a day at the Spa and that was amazing! I can just imagine staying here..

Our Spa day was fun filled with massages, facials and body wraps. If you are familiar with my reviews you'll notice I like to Spa, alot. This is probably the most amazing place to spend your time and money!

All three of us were excited to start our day at the Spa, we walked into together but didn't see one another until the end as we split up for different treatments. I had a massage and facial, it was dreamy! After my treatments I checked out the sauna and the whirlpool. Upon reuniting with my friends we all had a sleepy look in our eyes, which means we enjoyed our day! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I would go back in a NY minute!

More about Stoweflake Mountain Resort Spa

Well worth the spa!

by TripAdvisor Member Louth

We and two other UK families stayed at the Stoweflake at the end of the 05/06 ski season. The hotel was friendly, very comfortable and staff pleased to help. Our advice though is to take advantage of the spa - we only did this at the end of the holiday - it was exceptionable. Our only regret was that we hadn't visited it earlier!

Great service, but.....

My wife and I recently (last week) spent 3 days at the Stoweflake Inn in Stowe, Vermont. The rooms were nice, not opulent but very nice. The service was impeccable. The spa was fantastic. The restaurant and the pub were excellent. The only downside was undisclosed surcharges. When we booked our reservations we were informed that my spa treatment (the Sole Rejuvenator) included the full day at the spa pools and mineral baths. However, once we were there it was another story. I had to pay an extra $20 US to enjoy the spa with my wife, whose spa treatment did include the pools. Then when we were told that we would have access to the fitness classes, which we understood as "free to hotel guests", but again was not the case.
If you are thinking of visiting the Stoweflake, I recommend getting all prices in writing. It's unfortunate that these "tactics" took away from an otherwise fantastic vacation.

Love it, love it, love it

by TripAdvisor Member travelingeph

We absolutely love Stowe and the Stoweflake is an exceptional place to stay. The facilities are great. The only quibble that we have involves the meal plan. We couldn't get a straight answer regarding the included gratuities at the more upscale restaurant. The waitstaff, host and front desk all gave us different answers. But all the staff are very friendly and the rooms, spa and other athletic facilities are first rate.

Disappointment in Event Coordination

by TripAdvisor Member norc

We spent a lovley wedding in Stowe Vermont with the StoweFLake as our choice of lodging and reception. Lodging was very nice, Spa was incredible, front staff pleasant and extremly helpful. Coordinating the wedding reception was a challenge, disputes in the final bill. Between 8-10 phone calls, emails and 1 personal letter sent trying to clear up the dispute. One month later, we finally get a call and the dispute is still unresolved. Be careful what you do not sign.

Wonderful Time!

by TripAdvisor Member Travelingtoo

My husband and i stayed this past weekend at the Stoweflake Inn. We were there with a large group. We are well traveled and have stayed at many first rate places.....that being said, this is a great inn. The Spa is sooooooooo inviting! A few in our group mentioned problems with the restaurant service, but we found it to be fine, especially the night bartender who was personable and made a special run for my husband's favorite rum! Cudos for him for great customer service! We plan on returning sans group for a romantic getaway in the summer!

a nice day at the spa

by TripAdvisor Member ConnecticutSnowangel

On the last day of our ski vacation in Stowe, my 17 year old daughter and I booked a day at the Stoweflake spa. We were not guests of the hotel but sure felt pampered all day. We arrived early for our treatments to enjoy the mineral bath, steam room with cooling eucalyptis towels and pool/waterfall. The staff was very friendly ,helpful, and professional.The women's sanctuary had a nice fireplace, comfy chaise lounge chairs, OJ, tea, lemon water, cucumber water and fresh fruit. The locker rooms and dressing area were very nice andd well stocked.The entire spa was very clean and welcoming and we didn't want to leave. Towels and supplies were restocked often. They were able to schedule our massages and facials at the same time. We never felt rushed and both the massage and facial were very nice. We filled out a menu for our spa lunch when we arrived, and a lovely presented lunch was waiting for us in a quiet cafe exactly when they said it would be there.
There were several other women at the spa but we never felt crowded.
This was my daughter's first spa experience and I am sure it will not be her last. It was a wonderful way to spend the day together. Money well spent.

A Great Week!

My husband and our two kids (7 & 11) just stayed at the Stoweflake Resort Mon-Fri during President's Week Break. We booked the trip last minute, sight-unseen. We had never been to Vermont and the kids wanted to ski/snowboard. The website looked appealing so we crossed our fingers and off we went! It worked out great. We travel a great deal and we definitely would consider this an excellent choice if you are staying in Stowe. The mountain was only a 10 min ride down the road and the hotel is right in the middle of where you want to be. The staff was very friendly and the concierge (both of them) were very helpful with any questions that we had. My husband took full advantage of the spa and enjoyed his massages and the kids loved it too. They swam, had fun in the gameroom and loved being able to swim "outside" in the winter! Every day they had a different activity for them and if we were back at the hotel in time, they took advantage of it...there was jewelry making, coloring, art projects. We did not take the meal plan as we wanted to enjoy the many restaurants that Stowe has to offer however, we did eat at Charlie B's one night and were very pleased. The only downside we had was that our room was right near the spa entrance and the smell from that area travelled right to the room. It wasn't a bad smell but something that hit you when you entered the hotel from the spa area. If we were to go back I would request a room away from that entrance. Otherwise, we had a great week and would recommend this hotel!

well run resort

by TripAdvisor Member Suzy_R

We had a lovely girls' ski weekend staying at a Stowflake 2 br townhouse. The concierge was very helpful, as was all the staff. They were very accommodating in re-arranging our cross country package and in dealing with our other small requests. The spa pool and treatments after a day of skiing were perfect. The townhouses are a short walk to the main building, but it is worth it for the added convenience of kitchen, fireplace, and open living room area.

Relaxing, with a few flaws

I was with a group of four women who spent two nights enjoying the hotel and spa services. Overall, we had a very enjoyable and relaxing time. We found the massages and facials to be exceptional and the staff quite professional. The few cosmetologists who provided services were not up to spa standards, in our opinion. Nail polish wasn't perfectly applied and a haircut was the worst I've ever had. There was no damage done, but, despite all my encouraging, the stylist could not bring herself to trim only the slightest bit from my hair. I was looking for an actual haircut, and for $65 was disappointed not to get one. There was no styling either to speak of. The cosmetologists are cross-trained, one explained, to do hair, nails etc. Mine was clearly nervous and not every experienced in hair.

While most of the staff, housekeeping, spa, restaurant etc. were quite friendly, the front desk was generally not, which we found surprising.

The rooms were nice, and the bathrooms larger than average.

Finally, we declined to dine at Charlie B's for lunch one day because of numerious flies inside the windows. We were suprised to be seated next to a window under the circumstances...and were a bit weary as this was our first stop on checking in. Apparently it is a seasonal problem of some sort...but should really be dealt with.

Overall, we had a good time and would happily return....but would get our nails and hair done at home!

Comments