Timberholm Country Bed and Breakfast Inn Stowe

452 Cottage Club Road, Stowe, VT, 05672

Timberholm Inn
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Timberholm Country Bed and Breakfast Inn Stowe

Peace, serenity and absolute charm

by TripAdvisor Member kezmo

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of June and were really looking forward to going there after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. We weren't disappointed. From the minute we drove into the driveway, the Inn looked really special. The gravel drive is surrounded by hostas, lillies, sweet williams intermingled with other plants and hanging baskets hanging from the entry porch. We were met by Rich and Buddy the dog who is adorable. I can't believe they found him in the pound. Rich made us feel very welcome from the minute we walked in and showed us to our room. We had the blue room (can't remember the number) but it was lovely, from the pretty blue and white quilted bedspread to the bathroom which was jocker with blue and white china nick nacks on the shelves. Once we had settled in we went exploring and found the lounge, which is made for comfort. It was lovely and so welcoming. There is a den for guests too in the basement with games, tv and fridge for storing food which guests can bring in but to be honest the lounge above was made to be spend time in and we didn't use the den at all. Our arrival coincided with the afternoon tea and cookies that are served between 4 and 6. If you don't like tea, then you are goiing to be disappointed as they don't offer coffee much to my Rich's disappointment but hey I was happy! He was much happier once he had munched on a homemade cookie though. I love birds and feed them regularly at home so was delighted to see that on the back terrace there were feeders galore enticing all the local birds to feed. At one point I saw a brightly coloured orange bird and the Inn's Rich very patiently went through the bird books trying to find out what it was that I had seen. He spent ages going through different books and was far too polite to say what it he knew it was as I summarily disregarded those that he pointed out and was convinced I had found a rare species! I thank him though for taking the time to explain the different types of birds that they have around there. I despately tried to take photos of the humming birds and when I mentioned this, I was told that even the pros have trouble snapping them which appeased me only slightly! The next morning we were the first I think to arrive for breakfast where you can help yourselves to coffee and tea. The dining area is set so that all guests sit at one table which I think is really nice especially as us English tend to be a bit standoffish at times. No cereal at this house that's for sure. We were presented firstly with a fruit dish of melon, then with a plate of wonderful homemade biscuits with a fruit compote. Just when I thought that's breakfast and was getting full, the frittata came out which was out of this world and all home made. On the second day I didn't have an appetite and only made a small dent in the breakfast which was as good as the first day. Rich straightaway came out worried that I hadn't had enough or perhaps god forbid I didn't like what they had served which wasn't the case at all. Derrick we didn't really get to talk to much but he was friendly when we managed to meet at breakfast or when he was around the inn. On the whole, the Inn is lovely and I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone. We took quite a lot of photos but haven't put them on Tripadvisor as they really don't do it justice and I wouldn't want to detract from the charm. Thank you Timberholme and hopefully see you agan soon!

Would love to return one day

by TripAdvisor Member NSHP

We only stayed here for one night and on arrival really regretted this. The gentlemen who own the place are really friendly and welcoming. The lounge/breakfast area looks out onto the most amazing views and there is a huge balcony to sit on and relax. They are bird lovers and we saw many birds we had never seen before. The room was small but very comfortable and clean with ensuite bathroom. They added nice touches, such as a little box of chocolates and lovely soaps. They also served afternoon tea. The breakfast was delicious and we really enjoyed chatting around the large table with the other guests. The property is in a good location, a drive down the road to the main strip or a leisurely walk. We were there for the start of summer and the area had a lot to offer for outdoor activities. I can imagine that it has a really cosy feel to it in the ski season and one day we would love to return and stay there.

What a wonderful place

by TripAdvisor Member Gidders

Timberholm is a wonderful Inn owned by Rich and Darrack who care greatly for their guests. The surroundings are awesome as are the breakfasts. We stayed in many Inns during our trip and Timberholm was by far the best. Lovely people, lovely place and Timberholm is the place to stay in Stowe if you are looking for hosts who really do know how to run a business. Wish our home was not 4000 miles away as we would return without hesitation for weekend breaks.

Great relaxed, friendly Inn!

by TripAdvisor Member kwboston

The location of the Inn is a quiet country setting, yet close to the downtown area and activities. The 2-3 course breakfast is perfectly delicious and plentiful. The teas and homemade cookies that are left out for guests are perfect after coming in from a days activities. Everyone at the Inn, especially the innkeepers, was exceptionally friendly. While our room was small, the bed was very comfortable. We travel on weekends quite often, yet we usually avoid what we consider to be small Inns because they are not always a relaxing and comfortable situation. But this Inn has an exceptionally pleasant and comfortable atmosphere. We truely enjoyed our time there. We found it to be a great value compared to other Inns and hotels in Stowe. We definately recommend it and hope to visit again.

A little gem

by TripAdvisor Member Jack's-dinner

My wife and I went to Timberholme on our recent honeymoon based upon the reviews below and are extremely glad we did.

Getting the small negative out of the way quickly – the rooms in the inn need some updating and work. We stayed in the Americana room which had a faded charm, but was verging on tatty. The bathroom needed completely redoing from the stained toilet bowl to the mildewed shower curtain. We actually changed rooms halfway through (not because we were unhappy, the Inn was so busy that they needed to move us to be able to accommodate our dates – that was fine) and the second room that clearly had been redone was much, much nicer; clean, simple colours and not too much clutter.

But I am quite sure that Darrick and Rich are in the process of doing the work needed and it is a measure of their huge talent as hosts that a room that would have had us running for the hills anywhere else was here nothing more than a minor irritation.

They are hosts without equal. On the 1st night the sound of dripping water outside the window was irritating me. I mentioned this to Rich in passing and the next thing I know he’s up a stepladder bunching towels under the drip to catch the water! They both know the local area very well and are extremely interesting to talk to. We spent hours with Rich chatting about local birds, moose, wolves and cooking.

The breakfasts are fantastic; varied, clever and extensive. The main living room is a great place for all the guests to meet and chat, we made it back every one of our five days for tea and cookies on the porch! One of our favourite memories of the whole trip was lanquishing in the boiling outdoor jaccuzi, steam peeling off into the cold, blue autumn air, watching the sun go down. Bliss.

So if you’re going for 5* marble and bronze but no personality, you’re better off at the Stoweflake down the road (amazing spa). But if you are up for meeting new people and a laid-back, homely atmosphere, then Timberholme is for you. We will definitely go back. (For a start we have to take Buddy the dog for his long promised walk in the hills!)

Jon & Beth

Pleasant stay at the Timberholm

by TripAdvisor Member CedarMel

Public areas - warm and welcoming
Rooms - Americana was pleasant and Sage was a little dark. The laundry and water did not smell very pleasant.
Breakfasts - excellent, plentiful and tasty
Hosts - Rich and Darrick welcoming
Location - 10 mins walk to local restaurants. Piecasso excellent, Miguels Stowe Away terrible
Local attractions - a good base to explore the area with a car, Smugglers Notch a must

See other places we stayed - Afton Inn, Wolfeboro, New Hampshire - The Timberholm Inn, Stowe, Vermont - The Kingsleigh Inn, Southwest Harbour, Maine - The Martin Hill Inn, Portsmouth, New Hampshire - By the Sea B&B, Plymouth, Massachusetts - The Boston Yacht Haven, Boston, Massachusetts

Very Homey

by TripAdvisor Member elguapo2

Based on the reviews, my wife and I decided to stay at the Timberholm during our fall foliage tour. We were very delighted to meet our wonderful hosts who were very accommodating and helpful during our stay. They do a great job maintaining the common area and go out of their way to make us feel at home.

Breakfast was absolutely wonderful. Worth the price of admission. Afternoon cookies are also fantastic.

We stayed in Room #1 which we found to be a bit on the small size - both the room and the bathroom. The bed was too soft for my taste, having a bad back, it acted up, but I tend to like my beds really stiff.

Other than that I have no complaints.

The BnB is older, but well generally well maintained.

Best Breakfast in Vermont

by TripAdvisor Member JennyCW

My boyfriend and I spent the most enjoyable week at the Timberholm inn, every morning we jumped out of bed to be delighted by Rich and Derrick's AMAZING breakfast, after a day of skiing, we would come back to the inn and have their OUTSTANDING homeade soups and play board games from their extensive collection by the nightly fire, while sipping frothy beer from the frosty mugs kept on hand at the inn. A relaxing soak in their large hot tub capped off the evening. Best Bed and Breakfast we have ever stayed at! The Owners will bend over backwards to ensure that your stay is WONDERFUL!!!

Wonderful place and gracious hosts!

by TripAdvisor Member romeguy2006

I would like to comment on the wonderful two night stay we had at Timberholm Inn in STowe with two gracious hosts, Rich and Darrick. Snow had just arrived in time for our visit, but unfortunately my sciatic pain had returned also, which left me not getting around too well. These two guys helped make our stay so comfortable and went out of their way to insure we had what we needed during my discomfort and ready for our trip back home to Atlanta, GA.

NO doubt we will return when my back is healed and enjoy another great stay in this scenic Inn in Stowe, so conveniently located to all the interests in Stowe. I seriously doubt any family or couple would have the most pleasant stay possible.

Thanks again for your kindness and hospitality you showed Frank and me during our time there. We wish you the best in the coming winter months for a great season!

Comments