700 Trapp Hill Rd, Stowe, Vermont, 05672, United States

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Wonderful Place!

The Trapp Family Lodge is a beautiful hotel set atop a peak in Vermont's Green Mountains. The views from just about any of the rooms are fantastic, and at night you can see thousands of stars. This is a great place for anyone who loves the outdoors but doesn't want to "rough it." The hotel is a European-style luxury resort through and through, set in the middle of 1,500 acres of Vermont wilderness including miles and miles of hiking, snowshoeing and cross-country ski trails. They offer guided hikes, ski lessons, sleigh rides and ski and snowshoe rentals if you don't have your own equipment.

The food at the hotel is also very good. They have a nice piano bar, an upscale restaurant and bakery/deli that's great for lunch. They also make their own beer and have a brewery set up on the premises.

Hotel staff is very friendly and helpfull.

Unique Quality: The Trapp Family Lodge is owned and operated by the von Trapp family of "The Sound of Music" fame. They offer interesting historical tours and often have family member onsite to greet guests.

• Review by a OneTime.com User from Grosse Pointe, Michigan

Love it! My family has been going there EVERY summer for almost 20 years! I have not been there for 2 years and miss it dearly! There is so much to do - ride along the Mountain path, shop, attend a concert in the meadow. Hiking, fishing, boating - - - the list goes on!!!! My family has a timeshare and ABSOLUTELY love, love, love the place! I recommend it for everyone!

Thanks,
    last visit on August, 2003.

• AliasGirl's Profile Photo

Another Great Place to Stay!

We didn't stay at the Lodge, but enjoyed dinner here. We spent quite a few hours on the property before and after dinner. We took tons of pictures in front of the Lodge, it was all lit with tiny blinking white lights.

The Lobby Area is full of information about the Trapp Family, the inspiration for the classic musical and movie, which interested all six of us. There were some great scenes from "The Sound of Music".

There is a Library room that housed general seating for relaxing around a fire, with games and puzzles everywhere. It seemed like a nice family environment.

I think we may try this Lodge next time we're in Stowe.

• A Nice Place To Visit But Couldn't Afford to Stay

The Trapp family first started welcoming guests to their 27-room lodge in the summer of 1950. Thirty-three years later the family opened its doors to a new 93-room resort with the same country charm of the original lodge. The Lodge continues to be owned and operated by the Trapp family, the inspiration for the classic musical and movie "The Sound of Music."

Unique Quality: We couldn't afford to stay here but we had dinner here one night. For a fixed price you may choose between a "Five-course" dinner which includes appetizer, soup, salad, entree, dessert and coffee or a "Three-course" dinner which includes entree and a choice of two other courses.

• luv2learn's Profile Photo

The Trapp Family Lodge

Unique Quality: A charming, all-inclusive, FAMILY resort. Bring the kids. But, if you go in the summer, be prepared -- no AC since the weather is generally cool enough not to need it.

The food in the main dining room was very good, but could have been better.

The service comes with plenty of gemutlichkeit.

Be sure to take the kids to the Austrian Tea Room for a meal. The food will definitely be to their liking and everyone will enjoy watching the long-horned Scottish Highland cattle grazing in the field nearby.

More about Trapp Family Lodge

Trapp Family Lodge.
We did...

by nuker

Trapp Family Lodge.

We did not stay here, but this place looked pretty neat. It is a Austrian style hotel taken from the Von Trapps of 'The Sound of Music'
I imagine it is pretty expensive. It was a little bit too fancy for our taste, but I am sure it would be a great place to spend a night or two. Off the beaten path. Has it's own road to get there. Kind of tucked in the mountains so you have great views of Vermont while you are there.

von Trapp Lodge. We own a time...

by nancyshl

von Trapp Lodge. We own a time share guest house and would not trade it for anything in the world.{which we could do} Home of the Trapp family made famous in the 'sound of Music'
Comfort, beauty, pool, workout room, hiking and ski trails,
Great food served in the Lodge and Austrian Tea House, Lunch at the Cabin if you can ski uphill for an hour.

Beautiful View

by TripAdvisor Member dcc224

We had a wonderful stay at the von trapp family lodge becauase I got a great bargain through priceline :) The green rolling hills were so beautiful, and the room we had was very cozy and cleaned. Definitely more modern than the "family lodge" I had originally imagined. I would recommend people who are fans of "sound of music" to just check out the place even without staying at the lodge.

Beautiful lodge in the mountains!

We stayed at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, VT and were very impressed. The hotel is situated in the mountains with awesome views from any location.
We had two rooms which were decorated beautifully. This was definitely a lodge rather than a hotel. There were music rooms, conference rooms, libraries, etc. scattered throughout. The lodge is not built like a regular hotel with straight halls that have rooms on each side. There were lots of nooks and crannies to explore. There was a game room with tables and loaded with various board games and puzzles. There were pictures and memorabilia of the von Trapp family on all the walls that were very interesting and informative.
There is turn down service with chocolates and a schedule of events provided for the next day. Carriage rides are available as well as children activities and movies in the evening.
We did not know until we checked out that there was a $12.00 per night per room "resort" fee to cover gratuities, etc. I didn't mind as we received a great rate through Priceline and felt it was well worth the luxurious accommodations.

Overpriced but lovely location

by TripAdvisor Member snowshoe

I have been going to Stowe Vermont for several years and always wanted to stay at the Trapp Family Lodge. While the view is spectacular, I was disappointed with the room I had in the main lodge. It didn't seem very luxurious to us---While we loved the complimentary breakfast, the coffee was seldom available and the coffee cups were dirty.

The vending machines were not adequately filled with bottled water and the bar was closed early on a Saturday night. Unacceptable to have a bar closed while on vacation! The location is fabulous and the view is phenomenal. I have heard that the villas are wonderful accomodations. I guess we will just have to try those! I think for the amount of money we spent, the overall experience should have been more luxurious.

Stowe, Home of the Trapp Family Lodge

by Tryla

"The Hills Are Alive With The Sound of Music"

Trapp Family LodgeTrapp Family Lodge

Looking for a romantic place to stay in Vermont.

by lovetootravel

Hello, I'm looking for advice for a nice cozy place to stay for an extended weekend in Vermont. I was there 8-10 years ago and stayed in a very nice place which I believe was called Top Notch, but I'm wondering if anyone has any other recommendation's. I would love to be there in the heart of winter, and even though we don't ski, we like to snow mobile. If anyone has a place and/or even rate's in mind, I would appreciate it. Thank you to all who respond.

by jonellis

Try Smuggler's Notch Village which is on the North side of Mt Mansfield. Jet Blue flys into Burlington Vt and rent a car or pre arrange a shuttle to pick you up from the Village. I used to Live there. Cozy place

by Dchay

You might check out

by heywinks

There's the Von Trapp Family Lodge too (yes, like in The Sound of Music)in Stowe, VT.

Comments