The Sugartree Inn

Expedia.com

More about The Sugartree Inn

Sweet little B&B

by TripAdvisor Member rubyzoom

We spent a weekend here in February and had a great time. They serve a wonderful, multi-course English breakfast in the dinning room every morning. Our room was cute and cozy and they have an outdoor hot tub that feels surprisingly good even when it's ten degrees outside. The Inn is only about a one minute drive from Sugar Bush and there is also a shuttle that will pick you up from the Inn if the parking lot at the ski hill is full.

The Perfect Relaxation Place

by TripAdvisor Member ALW817

The Sugartree Inn was the ideal place to spend my February break. This is the closest accomodation to Suagrbush Mt. I can not express how genuine the hospitality was; Graham made us feel at home every second. The food was delicious and the room was cozy and clean at all times. There was a large selection of local restaurants for dinner. Whether we were skiing, playing Scrabble and drinking wine by the fire, or hanging out in the hot tub we were definitely enjoying our vacation.

Fabulous!!!

by TripAdvisor Member hmschofield

For those looking for the ultimate cozy Vermont experience...this is the place. Beautiful rooms, fabulous food and great hosts. This Inn is literally 2 minutes from Sugarbush mountain as well as Mt. Ellen, and Mad River Glen. This was our second time staying at The Sugartree. We stayed the same week last year and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else upon our return in 2007.

The rooms are decorated great, are spacious, and immaculately (a word?) clean, the breakfast...unbelieveable (creative choices and delicious), and the hosts are fabulously friendly people.

After a day of skiing it's great to go back to a fire and delectable treats left by the hosts.

Great!!!!!!!

We'll be Returning

by TripAdvisor Member hopperomatic

We spent two nights in March while snowboarding at Sugarbush. This inn is a keeper. The proprietors have managed to find that magical balance where you feel welcome, but still maintain your privacy. We especially liked the quiet that the inn provides (even on a busy weekend), since the dining room is in an attached building and there are no TVs in the rooms. The amenities and atmosphere seem great for families, but as a younger couple we felt right at home putting our beer in the fridge and kicking back in the hot tub for night-time soak.

Check out the amazing oven in the kitchen (I'm serious). Don't forget your slippers and bathing suit.

The SugarTree Delivers

by TripAdvisor Member Mattwey

This was my 2nd stay at the SugarTree and what can I say that hasn't been said in the other reviews. This place is great in all aspects.

Great hosts, accommodations, breakfasts and comfort.

My wife and I stayed for 2 days for a ski vacation and quiet Bed and Breakfast getaway.

If you are planning a trip to Warren, VT and are looking for a great Bed and Breakfast getaway. Give the Sugartree a call. You will not be disappointed in your stay.

A Special Place Return To

by TripAdvisor Member DrPros

My wife and 24 year old son were looking forward to a short but special time returning to Vermont to ski this year. We have been to the Warren-Waitsfield area many times over the past 17 years in summer and winter and had stayed at many different Bed and Breakfast and other types of accommodations. We decided to return to the Sugartree. We were not disappointed.

Maxine and Graham Longmuir moved from England three years ago to purchase and run this charming home. They clearly enjoy what they are doing and there new life in one of the prettiest spots in New England. You feel this joy throughout your stay!

The rooms are nicely appointed and quiet. The beds and quilts are comfortable. The lighting is good, even for reading in bed. The heating is individually zoned and the plumbing works without a flaw. Features you appreciate from past experiences in Bed and Breakfast Inns.

The common space is cozy, comfortable, clean, but pleasantly informal. The wireless internet access is excellent. It's nice to connect with one's email if one chooses. The full English Breakfast with choices are served in a very pleasant recently constructed breakfast room. Having a full breakfast is a requirement before we spend the rest of the day outside skiing on the mountain.

The mountain base is only a mile from the Inn. While taking the car is a nice convenience the shuttle runs up and down the road and makes it simple for family members to start and end their skiing at different times. On one of the days my son and I boarded the shuttle late in the afternoon and instead of waiting for more riders the driver immediately departed dropping us right at our doorstep and then returning back to the mountain. I hadn't expected a private taxi service but it was nice to have.!

I made two recommendations to Maxine and Graham.

On Saturdays and Sundays when the mountain lifts open at am for skiing serving breakfast at 7 am would be preferable to the present time of 7:45-8:30. Especially on Sundays when one often prefers to head back home by mid afternoon, having some additional time to packup, wash up and change into ski gear and still be up on the mountain by 8:30 would be attractive, even if the early, breakfast options were simpler and limited.

After a vigorous day of skiing I would find it very attractive to not have to get in the car again and sit for a lengthy (thought excellent meal) and some of the restaurants that are just minutes away. I would gladly pay an additional $25 or $30/person to Have a meal right in the inn even if limited to 2 choices and served family style with other guests. I know that the owners have begun to experiment with this concept. even if it was just offered on Saturday nights.

Despite these very minor points I strongly recommend this home-inn. I am looking forward to returning and seeing Maxine and Graham again!

Amazing weekend ski getaway!~

by TripAdvisor Member MASevilla

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Sugartree Inn. My fiance and I chose this over the website as a last minute weekend ski getaway and we were thrilled. The innkeepers, Graham and Maxine are hospitable, helpful with dinner suggestions, anything you need, warm and welcoming from the moment you walk through the door with a tour of the inn. There are refrigerators for wine, beer and an afternoon treat when you return from a great ski day at Sugarbush or Mad River. Don't miss out on the outdoor hot tub which or just enjoy relaxing by the fire with a warm tea or hot chocolate. We cannot say enough about the hearty breakfasts that are home cooked with a personal touch of meny cards to choose the night before. Maxine is a wonderful cook and the cheddar pie was outrageous. The rooms are cozy, we stayed in the BlueJay, comfortable beds and a quiet place. All the other people we met over our 2 night stay were friendly as well. We were sorry it was time to leave, but are already planning our next years getaway with more family with us to enjoy this gem.

A Vermont treasure

by TripAdvisor Member carguyal

Save time and effort ....Just go direct to the Sugartree Inn.

Superb accommodation, clean and well appointed the food is homemade with care and imagination. This is by far one of the most relaxing stays we have had in a long time, and we travel frequently
The Inn is idealy situated at the base of the ski resort, our clean and well appointed room had magnificent views, charming four poster bed with a feather mattress and comforter that was so cosy it was difficult to get up , but for Maxines cooking we did! Throughout the stay both Graham and Maxine made every effort to make pleasant and interesting conversation suggest local dining and shopping. We had all we needed and more. My teenage son was impressed with the Inns wireless network and hot tub.

we will return

Loved the Sugartree Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Hook1

We recently stayed at the Sugartree Inn for two nights. It was such a pleasure to have wonderful hosts as well as tastefully decorated rooms and absolutely delicious breakfasts. It's 1/4 mile from the Sugarbush ski area. After a great day of skiing, the hot tub was so inviting and soothing. It's very romantic, in that it is housed in a lovely gazebo outside. We thoroughly enjoyed being submerged in the warm water while the snow fell all around us and the cool air kept us from overheating. We even got out to roll in the snow and then back in the tub!! WOW! The rooms are exactly as you see them in the pictures on the website, clean and tastefully decorated. The meals were fabulous homecooked creations and the little card that they put under the door to select the next morning meal was so nice. It was such a nice added touch. The service was excellent and as I said before the host was cordial and fun to talk to. We would definitely return there again and maybe not just for the ski season.

Just what we needed

by TripAdvisor Member travellinmama22

Loved our stay at the Sugartree Inn! My husband and I and our 14- and 18-year-old boys wanted a place close to Sugarbush for some spring skiing. The rooms were comfortable, the food delicious, the hosts charming! The large common living room was a great place to relax, with a fireplace, lots of board games, a large selection of DVDs and hand-held DVD players, cookies, tea and hot chocolate.
Graham and Maxine gave us some nice tips on where to go for dinner and to buy local maple syrup.

This was our first trip to Vermont, and we were taken with the Mad River Valley and the Sugartree Inn.

Comments