43 Senior Ln, Woodstock, VT 05091

• Great Vermont experience with fab restaurant

Our family wanted to visit New England to see the colors changing. We are from New Jersey and believe it or not, have never taken our kids to New England in the fall. The kids are now 16 and 18 so they are almost mature adults and great to travel with. They love to see the world and enjoy good dining like we do so we have a great time with them.

We wanted to find a New England Inn that was quaint by itself, but also wanted to be in a small town that we could walk around in and shop, and visit museums. We also like good food. We never expected to find all we were looking for, but we did when we stumbled upon the Jackson House Inn. I am kicking myself we did not find this earlier in life and in fact my husband and I plan to come back for a romantic weekend on our own.

Of course the colors are amazing and we just walked and enjoyed it all. There are lots of places to hike and walk near Jackson House Inn and so we were able to keep the car parked for lots of our time there. That was a treat for me because I much prefer staying put. The little town of Woodstock, VT is darling and it was easy to stay around the Inn, shop, browse and generally veg out.

The Restaurant at the Jackson House Inn was surprisingly good. Who expects to get world class dining at a bed and breakfast?? We knew they had a restaurant but never expected it to be of the caliber it was. Of the four night there, we ate at Jackson House three nights. Everyone in our family agreed on this. Chef Jason was amazing. He came to our table, talked about the fresh ingredients of the day, and was generally warm and welcoming. Not only did he remember our names every night but the host, who is the owner of the Inn, also remembered our names and was very warm.

We loved this place. It had all the charm I was looking for in a New England inn and with a restaurant and location like it has, well it was certainly the best b&b we have ever experienced. We’ll be back!

Unique Quality: Comfortable and quaint rooms
    Great location
    Incredible restaurant - most inns don't have dinner, much less food like this
    Nice people