Lincoln Inn

530 Woodstock Road, Rt. 4 West, Woodstock, Vermont, 05091, United States

More about Woodstock

cowscows

main farm housemain farm house

view from the bridgeview from the bridge

lobby with open fireplacelobby with open fireplace

how long in advance ????????????

by paulista1950

I'm planning to go to Woodstock next year for the foliage season. I know I'll have to book a hotel in advance, but how long in advance would you say? Are we talking one month here? Two? Six?

by doodybee

sooner the better to get the best hotels at the best rates

Julie

by paulista1950

Tks. doodybee. That's what I'm gonna do!

by nicolaitan

now, maybe yesterday.

by am&pm

I lived in New England most of my life and always forgot about the popularity of foliage season to tourists---which left me and my (now ex) husband stranded one weekend. We were traveling through Vermont for a nice fall drive, planning to find accomodation as we went. We ended up finding NOTHING---not even a little cheap motel. No rooms, nada. We were 6 hours from home by that point and ended up pulling over into the woods on a back road and sleeping in the back of my little Datsun Z10 with the few jackets and a blanket we had. Didn't sleep hardly a wink because it was so cold (first week of October) and it began to snow during the night. When daybreak came there was about 5 inches of white stuff on the ground. One of the good things about Vermont, though, is that there are loads of great little breakfast places you can get delicious food and a nice hot cup of coffee!

My advice after all this?? BOOK EARLY! Now is good.

Angie

by mysecretvermont

Book way in advance! Now would not be too soon! You could reserve for a couple of weekends. That way you could keep the weekend with the nice weather and cancel the other one. I used to work in a hotel and things would get so booked up around foliage season that there were NO rooms in the state at all. No kidding, I sent a guy to Montreal for the nearest room! Woodstock is great, by the way, you'll love it.

Travel Tips for Woodstock

Foliage

by german_eagle

Everyone's favourite time of year to visit Vermont - and the rest of New England - must be October when foliage is in peak. We were probably a bit too early for that (2-4 Oct) or maybe it wasn't the best year for leaf peeping. Still, seeing the leaves changing their colours was beautiful. There was more red than I was used to in Europe. We usually get more yellow/gold/orange over here.

Be prepared that not only the foliage peaks, also the rates for accommodation do. And the traffic does. It wasn't too bad, though, still acceptable.

Comments