The Woodstock Inn and Resort

See Amenities

Traditional New England Grand Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 1, 2011

I stayed here recently on business and was impressed by how beautiful the building and grounds were. Our room was lovely with high thread count sheets and nice artistic touches. The best part was the bathroom which included a huge whirlpool tub.

The staff was very helpful if a bit a aloof, in the way that Vermonters can sometimes be. I really enjoyed the facial I got at their new spa, which is honestly one of the most spectacular spas I've ever been to. The food in the restaurants was great, too.

The hotel has a cute gift shop that my daughter liked a lot. It's also within walking distance (five minutes) to Woodstock village, which is full of nice little shops and has an old-fashioned general store. Just keep in mind that pretty much everything closes by 6 p.m., even on weekends. Also note that because it's a resort town, things tend to be on the expensive side. We paid more than $5 for a small ice cream cone.

As a bonus, there's an authentic Vermont covered bridge that you can walk to across the street from the hotel.

One of those rare, "Even better than I read about"

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 14, 2008

I'm heading to Woodstock N.Y., on my merry way expecting 1 hr left to go on the highway, when I realize I made the reservations in the wrong state!! So make that...another 5 hours.

Surprisingly, it was definitely one of those stupid stories, with a very cool ending.

I loved the place!! The place as cool, refreshing, funky as the very witty, wonderful hosts. If you love the idea of a B&B, but tend to have a secret urge to move those fake flowers once you get to the room, or find that that quaint lumpy, squeaky antique bed rapidly loses it's charm...then, you've come to the right place. It's like one of those new boutique hotels, each with distinct personality, very close attention to detail, and just plain great.

The area is wonderful, although not the Woodstock New York nightlife one might expect. I did, however, have one of the best meals I've ever had on a trip.

No negatives to report.

Unique Quality: OUr room had 2 opposing claw foot tubs, so that we could take long baths and face each other. It is way environmentally friendly, and they probably have organic teaspoons, to prepare the homemade amazing granola, compote...etc. Totally spoiled us. I don't think they allow kids/pets...wouldn't be a good match. It's right smack in the middle of town, a 5min walk from amazing hikes, beautiful lakes, boutiques, ceramic/wood working exhibitions....etc.

Directions: You'll bump into it, as soon as you get into town. It's bright yellow. All the rooms are anything but creme or beige.

nicolaitan's Profile Photo

Award Winning Small Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 24, 2006

This award winning hotel offers 142 newly updated rooms in the rustic Vermont style, spacious with typical wooden furniture, original art by local artists on the walls, and working fireplaces. There are three restaurants including a very upscale 4-diamond dining room with superb service and food set in a high ceiling room with great chandeliers. This semicircular room overlooks the garden between the two wings of the hotel. Complimentary parking is available in lots front and back. And the hotel is on the village square, across from the covered bridge, and one block from the business section. Pool, spa, internet access - anything one might want. We have stayed here several times, always pleased with the staff and service as well as the large comfortable rooms. The dining rooms are very good and the breakfast is a typical huge Vermont specialty. Multiple combination packages are available lessening the overall cost - in this regard, we have been very happy with the overall savings from the golf package ( one night - includes breakfast and 18 holes of golf on the day of arrival as well as the next day ).

Directions: On the Village Green

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Woodstock Travel Forum

Need advice about Woodstock, Vermont? Visit the Travel Forum for Woodstock and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Woodstock hotel reviews