5000 Seminary Road, Alexandria, Virginia, 22311, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

Checked in and out with an air of disappointment

I normally only stay in Hilton properties so I was a bit ticked off when I checked in as a Hilton Honors member and was given a room right next to the elevator. The room was a lot smaller than pictured on the website and not nearly as comfy as many of the other Hilton's I have stayed in. I also didn't like that there is only one restaurant in the entire hotel. I was here for my schoolcation last week. While I was here there was a prom, after which many of the prom guests ended up running around the hotel knocking on doors disturbing other guests sleep. There was also a school trip here, another disaster. Kids running all over the place knocking on doors and yelling and screaming until all hours of the night. Several of my classmates called and complained as did I but alas no relief until our last night when Hilton finally smartened up and placed a security guard on every floor these obnoxious kids were on. Lets not forget the weird guy in the hotel lobby who harassed two of my classmates. When we complained to the manager he said the guy was a regular and that he will talk to him. I was not happy at all with the housekeeping staff that kept turning off my laptop everyday. And the best was that only 2 of the 4 elevators were working which resulted in waiting for up to half an hour for an elevator almost every day I was there.

Unique Quality: Great view of the Washington Monument. Nice walkway on the lower level of the hotel. Plenty of guest parking, but it's not free. Easy to get to from 395. Very helpful concierge.

Directions: If on 395 heading south take exit 4 for Seminary Road, the hotel will be on your left.

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

High-Rise Comfort

This 28-story hotel is easily seen on the west side of Alexandria. The trappings are as luxurious as any you would expect in a full-service Hilton hotel. While the rack rate can be scalding ($350 per night and up), prices can be soft, especially outside the tourist and convention seasons. Your best bet is to check online to see if you can get a discounted room. Also look for special deals such as the "Bed and Breakfast" rate. This particular rate will get you the business-class buffet breakfast included, sometimes for the same price as the room alone.

We booked online and were fortunate enough to get a steeply discounted room on a high floor with a very nice view. The room was comfortable, with all of the amenities you would expect from a full-service hotel (including in-room mini-bar... be careful not to touch any of the shelves or you could be charged!). If you're driving, parking is available for an additional charge of $9 per night (though sometimes this fee gets waived for "Hilton Honors" members). If you don't have a car, there's convenient and complimentary shuttle service every 30 minutes between the hotel, the Pentagon City Mall (adjacent to a Metro station servicing the Blue and Yellow Lines), and Reagan National Airport.

Unique Quality: - High-Rise luxury hotel sometimes offering steeply discounted rooms
    - 24-hour concierge
    - Restaurant on-site serving food 6AM - midnight daily
    - Complimentary Wi-Fi and Internet access
    - Business-class buffet breakfast
    - Shuttle bus to Pentagon City and Reagan National Airport

Directions: Exit 4 off of I-395. Take Seminary Rd. Westbound. You will see the high-rise on your left. Also accessible by Metrobus 7A/F/W/X. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle every 30 minutes to/from Pentagon City and Reagan National Airport.

• spartan's Profile Photo

1st Class Accommodations

I previously stayed at this hotel when it was a Radisson and I enjoyed the experience then. Well I have to say that it's still a nice place to call your home for a short period of time.

You've got a nice size lake (with a fountain) to look at, plus on a clear day you can see downtown Washington D.C. Service is impeccable, and the rooms are well kept with lots of amenities.

Unique Quality: The hotel is located in the west end of Historic Alexandria and offers attentive service combined with value. The Hilton Alexandria Mark Center has a unique lakeside setting which a peaceful oasis for travelers to Washington.

The helpful staff provides information as soon as the guests arrive, the guest rooms offer comfortable elegance with the services and amenities that only a first-class hotel can provide. There is state-of-the-art business center, swimming pool and health club.

Directions: Located off I-395 (Exit 4/Seminary Road - West).

More about Hilton Alexandria Mark Center

Good Hilton for any trip

by TripAdvisor Member carlv247

Just spent one night at the Hilton Mark Center for a short visit to DC. This is a good hotel, offering a very reasonable rate (we paid $99 through the Hilton Web site), but didn't get the room that we booked. I had read about the Retreat rooms and was looking forward to staying in one of these. Instead, the self-checkin gave us a room in the main building (exactly according to my Hilton profile preferences by the way, and the room was nice and very clean - though the heat briefly gave off a burn smell when we turned it on). When I had trouble getting into the gararage with my room key and asked reception what happened with my reservation, they claimed they never got the request for a Retreat room, and that this part of the hotel was under construction.

I got the impression that the hotel was fairly well maintained. We had a room on a high floor, facing the rear and away from the elevators; these rooms face away from the city so you have to put up with occasional elevator traffic noise if you want to see the city lights at night.

We would certainly return to this Hilton at the $99 rate, but overall I would prefer something closer to the city if possible. The hotel is off the 395 which takes you farther away from the Georgetown and Mall area than I would have preferred.

Paris Hilton would not stay at this Hilton

and I will never stay there again. OK it was the 4th of July and they were booked solid but, my shower did not work and the room was not very clean.
So I spent the week walking down the hall to a vacant room that had a working shower. The only "break " I got from the mangment was a dinner and a breakfast. Oh sorry managment did say that I was getting a good deal because I had 2 rooms and they only charged me for 1. Note I needed the largest room and they did offer me a much smaller room and I suppose I did have 2 rooms and about the only thing that came out of my stay there was a pretty good laugh and an unexpected fitness program !!

Good Buy but a few minor problems

by TripAdvisor Member madisonnw

I must say this was an excellent hotel for the price and the problems I'm listing fall into the class of picky but they could make a difference when you are selecting the hotel you want to say in.

Room Rate: I had book a rate of $99 for the first night and $89 for the second night I had to prove the lower rate via my email confirmation to get the lower rate for the second night.

I requested a non smoking room. When we walked into the room it really smelled of smoke the air purifier they sent up did not work and they removed for the second night of our stay.

They charged extra for parking and internet access.

The hotel is isolated and not near to anything.

I would also like to list the attributes of the hotel.

The room I stayed in was large and well kept and it had wireless intenet access. The staff was polite and provided good service. We ate in the restaurant. The food and the service were really good.

Good, inexpensive place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member HBD

Friendly staff, fine rooms, good hotel. Don't expect to take the shuttle to the metro station though - the shuttles are very crowded and we ended up driving. This is a VERY inexpensive hotel and the service and rooms are an excellent value.

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member MrSilk

Stayed over the Labor Day weekend for a convention for the phenominal rate of $85/night. Very nice rooms with the quickest maid service I've ever encountered- we would go down to breakfast and come back up 45 min later and the beds would be made up already and the maid no where in sight. The free shuttles were great -- some times we would be the only one on them and yes, they did seem to run on time. They stop at he Pentagon City Mall and you just go down to the Metro and into DC for $1.35. It has free parking, and it is a short ride to Alexandria Old Town-- just down Beauregard then right on King St. And within walking distance is a Clyde's Restaurant which was very good. I would definately stay here again and urge all my friends to do the same.

Great Value for the $$

by TripAdvisor Member eramp76

We stayed here for the week of Thanksgiving (11/19 thru 11/26). Our son lives in Alexandria in an apartment only a few blocks away from this hotel. He recommeded it when we were planning our trip. We had never been to Washington DC & wanted to do the whole tourist thing while we were there. The Mark Center worked out great. While it is not close to a Metro stop, they ran a shuttle back & forth to the Pentagon Mall Metro stop. The shuttle was on time, every time for us. We had a White House tour at 7:30 one morning, so we had to catch the shuttle at 6:00. It left right at 6:00 with no delay. The hotel is probably a 3 1/2 star, not a luxury hotel, but plenty nice. The staff was helpful and attentive. The restaurant in the hotel was great. We ate breakfast there almost every morning, and dinner one night. If you are looking for a reasonable hotel price, and don't mind a lttle bit of inconvenience, this is the hotel for you. We would stay there again.

Comments