100 South Reynolds Street, Alexandria, Virginia, 22304, United States

Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

• marca's Profile Photo

Nice Place to Stay

Booked the Washington Suites for a week long family reunion after searching the internet. The suites were very large consisting of 2 bedrooms, large living room with sofa bed, dining area and full kitchen. We rented 4 suites but we were able to fit all fifteen of us into one suite for dinners(we brought a folding table). We made use of the pool and free shuttle service to the Metro Stop. Downtown is about 4 miles down the road.

There was a water main break very early one morning. The hotel offered to move.

Unique Quality: Outdoor Pool, Exercise Room, Daily USA Today, Free shuttle to Metro Stop, shopping and downtown, Free Coffee in Lobby, Free popcorn, weekly Managers Happy hour.

There is a restaurant on the 2nd floor but we did not go there except for the continental breakfast(included in Room Rate).

• Welcome to Washington Suites Alexandria

From immaculate and spacious accommodations to value-added hotel services and amenities. I storngly recommend you to visit at http://www.washingtonsuitesalexandria.com

Unique Quality: # Blackout drapes

# Army PERSCOM - 3.5 miles

More about Washington Suites Alexandria

Decent Stay at the Washington Suites Alexandria

by TripAdvisor Member newyorkminnie

My family and I recently took a vacation where we toured Washington DC and then went on to Williamsburg Virginia. We stayed at the Washington Suites Alexandria which is about a half hour metro ride to DC. We chose this hotel specifically because it provided us with a suite with a separate room and it was pretty inexpensive compared to similar hotels in DC which charge more and also charge you for parking. Considering that I had three children in tow (the littlest in a stroller), I found it to be a bit inconvenient to be in Alexandria while I was there for the express purpose of seeing DC. The hotel made it very easy for us to take the shuttle to the metro, but I felt that it would have been better had we stayed somewhere closer to all the action even if it had cost us a bit more. We ended up coming home early and ordering in because it took a while to get home with the metro and shuttle ride combined.

Now, about the hotel itself. The hotel is pretty good, but felt to me as though it was missing that particular "hotel feeling". I subsequently found out that this was actually an apartment house that was converted into a hotel. The lobby is small with no seating, but it's tastefully decorated. The outdoor pool was not very inviting and the kids didn't feel inclined to go. The hallways have this apartment/commercial like feel to them. The elevator doors are painted this industrial shiny black..it just had an odd feel to it. On the plus size, the room was huge with a dining room and kitchen. The kids loved the size. The decor was updated and it was clean. The kitchen was kind of old. It has its advantages. The breakfast was pretty limited but enough to tide you over. The woman servicing the breakfast area was very nice and friendly. The place was quiet. The service was very nice.

If I had to go to Alexandria I would consider staying here again. If I were doing DC again I would probably opt for their sister hotel, Washington Suites DC.

Comfortable Stay in the cold winter winds of DC

by TripAdvisor Member smmuconn

Just returned from a two day stay at the Washington Suites. For the price (119/night)this hotel was well worth it. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was more than enough room for my husband, daughter, and I. It allowed privacy for all of us. The room was clean...minor wear and tear. The bathroom looked as if it had been recently renovated. We loved the fact that there was a full kitchen so we could reheat leftovers and keep drinks cold. The appliances were older but worked fine. There was free breakfast in the morning (muffins, cereal, coffee, danish). It was enough for us to keep us going. My husband and I did notice how quiet the room was. We didn't hear any noise from next too us or above us. Another great feature was how close the Metro station(5 min drive) and other local attractions were. The next time we are in DC we will be staying at Washington Suites!

Very nice!

Apparently this hotel had remodeled recently. It was worth every penny! The room and the hotel itself look great! Customer service was wonderful!!

However the Heating/AC leaves much to be desired!! They should have thought about upgrading that during the remodel.

Still giving them 5 stars. Wish we could have stayed longer and enjoyed it more!!

good value for the money

The suites were clean & were very quiet. The shuttle service to & from the Metro was very good, no waits. The continental breakfast was very good, children enjoyed it. The weather was very hot but the suites were comfortable. Even though it was a little far from downtown Washington the Metro made it convenient. I would not hesitate to go back.

Excellent Hotel with this rate

by TripAdvisor Member wl2001

The room (One Bedroom w/ King size bed) is clean and spacious. The breakfast is better than average continental breakfast.

The staffs (front desk, resturant, housekeeping...) were very nice. Although some spoke broken English, we have no problem to communicate by speaking slowly to them.

A/C was one of my worries before I checked in (as from other reviews). However, we found it more than capable in 86 degree F.

The shuttle bus to metro is very convenient. From Van Dorn station to Smithsonian station is 33mins. The hotel is also close to a Giant Supermarket so it's easy to get groceries from the supermarket and cook in the suite.

There is one night that the hotel lost half of the power for a few hours. This is not a major inconvenient as we still have some lights in the room.

We'll definitely stay at this hotel for our next trip to DC.

Good hotel/apartment

by TripAdvisor Member maddmax

Lots of room, seperate kitchen.
Clean, but worn. AVOID ROOM 315, as the trash compactor for the whole complex is within 10 feet of your windows.
The compactor is active frim 8:00 am until after midnight.
The hotel has no ac so beware of you are traveling in the summer months.

great choice-no regrets

great location. nice and clean. it feels like an apartment more then a hotel. the shuttle to the metro is very efficient. they were even waiting there when we came back at 6:00pm in anticipation of us or the other guests. the breakfast buffet is strictly continental- if you want bacon and eggs -it aint there, but otherwise it will get you going. the heating/cooling is just that- one or the other- so if you get a hot day in the fall or winter- you will swelter. you can't control the temperature. other then that- this is a great value for the money. it is in a very nice neighborhood and is convienent to everything in the area. the staff is very friendly.

A nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Rozebud

My hubby & I stayed here during a weekend getaway to visit DC in late Aug. 2005. We got a really cheap fare on Southwest to Baltimore & decided we wanted to stay in Alexandria since we had previously visited the area.

We found a good deal on Expedia (slightly better than the hotel's actual website). We decided to stay here based on the reviews on Expedia, location & overall amenities.

We stayed in a studio unit which was very spacious & included a fully furnished kitchen, desk, sofa bed, and queen bed. This unit could have easily accommodated 4 without any problem. Overall the room was very nice & tastefully decorated. The breakfast was decent - croissants, bagels, pastries, juices, fresh fruit & other items. We did not use the shuttle service as we decided to rent a car, but noticed that one of the shuttles always seemed to be around (available).

We would definitely stay here again.

Comments