Days Inn Washington Arlington

Tags

Budget Travel Road Trip Business Travel
See Amenities
matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Good choice for budget travelers

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 21, 2005

Nat (b1bob) recommended this motel to my wife and me for the first night on American soil of our second USA trip as sufficiently good and the least expensive as for this area.

So, I made a reservation in Poland through internet. From Dulles International Airport located 23 mi (40 min.) west of the motel I got a taxi which cost somewhat $40.00 and... I didn't have to pay it (my airlines KLM/Northwest which delayed my flights and lost my luggage paid for it). Finally, we arrived here dog tired with no change of clothing, after over 30 hours jorney from Tychy, Poland.

A young guy at the reception desk was waiting for us, he desperately tried to pronaunce correctly my surname. I called to the motel a few hours earlier from Detroit to make sure that my reservation was still good even though we would be very late. He was very friendly, offering us coffee and a snack when we got there, gave us map and info on Washington and Arlington. Well, it was small thing but very nice after uncomfortably long travel. With no clean clothes in which to change, we had to wash what we had on lest we smell like rubbish. We had to dry them using the air-conditioner. Luckily they were dry in the morning.

I have slept at Days Inn a few times before. They are simple and of varying quality, sometimes (rarely) not very clean. This one was perfectly clean.

Unique Quality: ROOM
There is cable TV (Weather Channel for me), hairdryer, phone with data port but no coffee/tea in a room. The room and the bathroom, I stayed, was small with rather old furniture, the bed for two was not that large as in most other US motels. Warning: it was difficult to mix hot and cold water in a shower. But, anyway, for budget travelers for 1-3 nights (just to sleep) it's a good choice.

PRICE AND RESERVATIONS
As the motel is very popular. I do recommend to book a room in advance. I paid (tax included): $82.69 the first time (reservation by internet from Poland) and $74.42 the second time when I made reservation by phone at midday of the day of my arrival. I paid less but I had to give my card number by phone, was it secure? I called free +1 (800) 555-1212 - it's the number of information on accommodations and booking service in the USA. Alternatively you can call free (from the USA/Canada) to Days Inn: +1 (800) 329-7466 or in Spanish +1 (888) 709-4024 or directly to the motel (toll number). Kids under 17 stay for free in parent's room.

Warning: there are 2 Days Inn motels in Arlington, choose that one on Arlington Blvd. and remember that you can cancel the reservation 24hrs prior to 4pm, later your credit card will be charged.

BREAKFAST
There is no breakfast included at the price. Free coffee is available 24 hours in a lobby. Beverages and snacks are available at vending machines. There is Rudy's Bar at place which serves good breakfast at average price.

SHUTTLE SERVICE TO METRO
The motel offers a shuttle (a van) to & from Rosslyn Metro Station in Arlington (below 10 min.) which we used to get to Ronald Reagan National Airport (to rent a car there). The shuttle goes every exact hour from 7.00 am to 8.00 pm except 1.00 and 2.00 pm.

Directions: Turn at the traffic light of RT 50 and North Pershing Drive then take an immediate left into the Days Inn parking lot. Details in my transportation tips.

b1bob's Profile Photo

The cheapest decent hotel around

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 14, 2002

With the exception of a shower that was stingy with the warm water (in room 227- my colleagues tell me didn't have that problem in their room), this was a rather nice hotel. The rooms are a little smaller than I was used to, but with a working telly and a loo, you don't need the Taj Mahal. It was good enough, however, that I recommended it to matcrazy1 and Urszula for their first night on American soil of their second USA trip.

Unique Quality: The proximity to the metro line and downtown Arlington made this hotel more convenient than most. There was even a free shuttle leaving on the hour 7-11 a.m., 3-7 p.m. to the Rosslyn metro station. I took advantage of that amenity when I went out to meet my friend Tim for supper.

Directions: across from Fort Myer

Nearby Days Inn Washington Arlington

Days Inn Washington Arlington

• Arlington Days Inn
  • Days Inn Washington Dc
  • Days Inn Arlington/washington Dc Hotel Arlington

Address: 2201 Arlington Boulevard, Route 50 at Ft. Myer, Arlington, Virginia, 22201, United States

6 Photos of Days Inn Washington Arlington

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Arlington Travel Forum

Need advice about Arlington, Virginia? Visit the Travel Forum for Arlington and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Arlington hotel reviews

Iwo Jima Memorial
Guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Impressive memorial statue in Arlington
Things to Do
Watch jumbo jets land right over your head!
Sentinels at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
President Kennedy's Grave at Arlington
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Things to Do
Who can be buried at Arlington
DC Metro
Transportation
Where the real patriots lie
DC's Metro in Arlington
Reagan National Airport - Arlington
Raegan National Airport / Metro
Fly the friendly skies at National Airport
Metrobus - my recommendation
Transportation
To Days Inn Arlington (from Dulles)
To Days Inn from Reagan Natl. Airport
Transportation
Use metro-operated or hotel parkings
I rented a car
Arlington National Cemetery Tour
Transportation
Reagan National Airport (DCA)
The Netherlands Carillon
Off The Beaten Path
Well, you have to visit this infamous one...
First women in U.S. Army