2000 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, Virginia, 22202, United States
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport

Nice area to stay

I also enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I just returned from a 7 night stay and would recommend it to others. I travelled alone and felt safe in the area.

There is great access via the metro to all the sights. I also went to Mount Vernon via the metro and Fairfax Connector bus very easily.

I loved the 'restaurant row' about a block down Eads Avenue. I ate at a new place every night and they were all excellent.

I liked the fact that I was 2 subway stops from the shopping center in Pentagon City. I also caught the Tourmobile at Arlington Cemetery just 3 stops away.

I was at the end of the hall on the 10th floor in a King Room and I did not hear any other patrons. The business center on the first floor had 2 computers for free use to check email and also had an instant connection to the Metro Alerts and other tourist info. I checked in for my flight home and printed my boarding pass.

The hotel was clean and breakfast was plentiful. I booked in April for a great AAA rate. I probably stayed here for 7 nights for the cost of 3 or 4 nights downtown DC.

Great place to stay while in DC

Recently visited DC Oct 1-5, stayed at the Hampton Inn - Crystal City, very clean, beds were comfortable and a very short 5 min walk to metrorail. Quiet even though only 1/2 mi from Reagan Airport. Staff was courteous and helpful with directions. The shuttle driver was prompt to take us to airport. The hot breakfast was average, but had alot of variety otherwise. Would definitely stay here again!

Great but not the best

by TripAdvisor Member popeye3

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel for 9 nights on vacation. I've used Hamptons in several US states and this was good but not the best. As mentioned by other contributors I can say that the location is excellent for a vacation. The hotel lobby area and dining room are impressive. The room was good, which is what I've come to expect of American hotel rooms. What I can't agree on with other contributors is the noise levels. We were on the seventh floor facing 20th Street and could plainly hear traffic and airplane noise.

The staff were efficient if a bit distant. The breakfast was mediocre to say the least (the "ham" was like rubber). The use of disposable plastic plates and utensils was slightly disappointing although not surprising given the amount of guests using the facility.

Whilst this may sound like a negative review I would definitely use this hotel again and recommend it to friends and family wishing to stay in the Washington area (location, location, location). The positive aspects far outweigh the minor personal niggles mentioned above.

It was FABULOUS!

This was my first visit to DC and the staff and hotel made it a memorable one. The staff was VERY courteous and VERY accomodating. The shuttle to/from the airport was at our service with very little wait time - we called and within 5 minutes they were there. The hotel was maybe 2 blocks from the Metro and the shuttle would take you if you didn't want to walk. The rooms were clean, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. The price was better than we could have imagined. Breakfast had so many choices from cereals to yogurt to fruit and one hot item - waffles and sausage or biscuits and sausage gravy - everything was very tasty and replenished often. The neighborhood was near restaurants and some small shops for evening dining and was family friendly and clean. The hotel had everything we wanted - good price, close to airport and Metro, and breakfast. All in all, on a scale of 1-10, I would give the hotel an 11!! It was truly a wonderful experience and we look forward to staying again next year!!

One of the best Hamptoms

by TripAdvisor Member davidphd

very nice! very clean! five minute safe walk to metro. while the hotel is one the best hamptons, the breakfest could use a little more variety and a larger dinning area. if u prefer not to stay in dc itself stay here!

Two small complaints...

by TripAdvisor Member Anamaebe

On whole, I agree with the other reviews. The Hampton Inn & Suites is in a great location, convenient to metro, restaurants, Pentagon City, the shops at Crystal City, and highways. The rooms are perfectly acceptable, and include a refrigerator/freezer (separate compartments) and a microwave. And, the price is very reasonable for the location, particularly given that breakfast is included. (Though I'd recommend skipping the waffles.)

I only had two small complaints, namely the two multi-legged creatures I killed during my two-night stay. Hopefully, the management will heed my suggestion to bring in an exterminator and eliminate this issue.

Another great stay at Hampton Inn!

by TripAdvisor Member Roadtravlr

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night b/c I had a flight the next morning (on christmas eve). Like all the previous stays at Hampton Inns I'v had, this one was right in line with Hampton's commitment of really accomodating the business traveler. Free Highspeed internet, complimentary breakfast (which included hot foods), well-equipped and spacious rooms.
This particular hampton also scores high on hospitality. I arrived at 930am and was able t check in and go straight to my room--my timing also allowed me to try the nice spread of breakfast foods in the dining area. The location is perfect for going to the airport--the free shuttle got me there in 5 minutes flat. My only bit of annoyance with the location is that it is right on the highway--not that I heard any noise from the highway--but it definitely took awhile to cross the busy interesection as a pedestrian to get to the metro station. OH, the closest metro stop is Crystal City--which is really an underground mall and very convenient for getting food or other items on the way to the hotel.
All in all, I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to someone looking to be really close to the airport.

A Home Away From Home

by TripAdvisor Member JetsettingOzpatriot

I was invited to the USA by the Department of Homeland Security and stayed at the Hampton Inn at Chrystal City for 6 days in February 2005.

I found the staff at the hotel to be very friendly and interested in why I was in Washington, although it took me a while to get use to the accents (being from down under".

The room that I had was excellent, the food at Breakfast was enough to satisfy any hungry person. I was a little disappointed that it didn't have a restaurant for evening meals etc but its proximity to restaurants and the fact that they were prepared to drive me to wherever I wanted to go certainly made up for this. They even took the time to recommend some very worthwhile places to eat which were economical and had great atmospheres.

Would I stay there again if I ever went back? The answer is YES.

Wonderful

I stayed here with our swim team and it is a wonderful place. The staff is very helpful,and the rooms are clean and in excellent condition.If I'm ever in Washington again this is where I'll stay. This hotel is truly a home away from home.I have nothing negative to say about my stay here.

Great location, suspect service

by TripAdvisor Member kcboy

This hotel has a lot going for it. Great location near Reagan airport (though we were never bothered by plane noise) and only a short walk from the Crystal City metro stop. The rooms were nice, good fitness center, free internet access in the business center, fine breakfast buffet and good restaurants (Chilis, Legal Seafoods, etc.) within walking distance.

But this hotel could be SO much better if the staff cared about service. I wouldn’t say they were rude and I wouldn’t say they were friendly—I’d just say they were completely indifferent. Almost as if having guests at the hotel was a nuisance for them. Whenever you’d go to the front desk for something, several employees would be gathered in conversation, and never did a very good job of hiding their dissapointment that a guest was interrupting.

So if service isn’t an issue for you, this place gets 5 stars. Otherwise, it gets the 3 that I give it.

Guarding the Tomb of the UnknownsGuarding the Tomb of the Unknowns

Ferni not trilled with his team :(Ferni not trilled with his team :(

DC from Masonic MonumentDC from Masonic Monument