1325 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Virginia, 22209, United States
Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

More about Hyatt Arlington

Fine hotel, insensitive front desk

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Arlington on a business trip. The room was fine---slightly worn but clean and comfortable with nice amenities. However I had a really irritating problem with the front desk. When I tried to check in my name had been mispelled on the reservation and it took them an hour to figure it out. I asked (on two different occasions) for them to fix the problem in their computer because I was expecting several important calls in my room. Both times they told me the problem was fixed, and neither time was it actually fixed. Four different people told me that they had tried to reach me in my room and that the front desk told them that I was not staying there. I found it to be very difficult to communicate with the staff.

Good location for one night stay after long flight, clean rooms, courteous staff

by TripAdvisor Member dscn123

The Hyatt Arlington is one block from the Roslyn Metro stop which is 10 minutes by Metro from Reagan National Airport. From the reviews posted on this site, I thought that the hotel would be awful. It met my expectations, which were not very high and is a decent overnight hotel. (I got to the hotel at 11:30 pm) It is not one of the nicest Hyatt properties but has clean sheets, air conditioning/heat, clean bathroom with hot water and courteous staff. I guess if I had paid the $199.00 offered at Hyatt, I may have felt that the hotel was not above average, but for the first time I "named my own price and number of stars" on Priceline. I offered $75.00 on a weekday which selected the Hyatt Arlington and was a total of $98.00 with fees and taxes. Unlike my stays at the Four Seasons Miami or Shangrila-Makati City, Philippines where my credit card was authorized for USD $2000.00, my credit card was only authorized for USD $1.00. There was also free wireless internet access at decent speeds. I admit that I did not need or use any of the other facilities there, like restaurants and spent over $600.00 per night for the following three nights while in Washington, DC at the wonderful Fairmont Hotel this experience was just fine for my needs. I would not though have been thrilled if I was paying $199.00 plus tax as suggested on the Hyatt.com website as I do not think that the hotel is worth that price.

It's Okay

by TripAdvisor Member id72

We stayed at Hyatt Arlington for two nights in April 2006. We had a King Non-smoking room, and it was available even for an early check in. The room was very small and the bathroom layout is strange. The Bathroom is a little worn out, and if you have any weight issues you may not be able to get into the shower or use the sink, a very narrow access. About 18 inches across. We did not have an issue with it, but laughed about the size. We enjoyed the views, but the air conditioner unit was very loud and vibrated a lot and the temperature alternated between hot and cold. The staff at the front desk was polite but some are not able to speak enough English to communicate well with the majority of the guests. The consierge did not want to help us make arrangements for tour, told us we needed to contact the tour directly. The Rosslyn Metro is around the corner and across the street, very close by, but access is well hidden unless you know which exit from the Metro to use, still very convenient. I do not believe I would stay there again, since there are many other hotels in the same area that are nicer. The bartender in the Olive Press Lounge makes a wonderful Cosmopolitan though and was very friendly and helpful with suggestions for site seeing and dining.

Loved this place

by TripAdvisor Member inspector12

Dog tired and bone weary from travel I arrived at the Hyatt Arlington at 1:30a roller bag in tow and laptop backpack slung heavily on my shoulder. There were several Japanese tourist outside the hotel entrance smoking cigarettes but somehow the air was clear.

I perceived the neighborhood to be safe, but the front doors were locked and I had to be buzzed in by the staff. Fortunately the desk staff was friendly, if not a little less tired than me. Even better, I was checked in and handed a room key in record time.

14th Floor for me. High and above it all. No noise in the hall on my way to my room. This is a good sign I say to myself.

Ah! Those heavenly new beds Hyatt has running around. I slept like a baby. My body was renewed. And such swank! Clearly a recent remodel had been done. Love the aromtherapy soaps and amenities.

Did I mention the free Wi-Fi that kicked in flawlessly? The large chain hotels are finally getting it. That was a relief. And the desk clearly had been designed for laptop work.

The bathroom had been updated, but some shower tiles and the ceiling were showing some age. And yes, it took a minute or two for hot water to kick in in the shower, but when it did, I was in heaven.

I paid $89+10% tax. A two star nearby was $75. The Hyatt was worth the upgrade! Given DC's rediculous hotel pricing, $89 at the Hyatt was a steal and quite a treat. If my travel budget will allow, I'll be back! Kinda wish I was there right now.

Wonderful stay!

My husband and I have just returned from a two night stay at the Hyatt in Arlington. I found a great rate on Travelzoo ($79/night). Parking was convenient, and the hotel location was great! I read the reviews about the hotel before we left, and I was a bit apprehensive, but I was very pleased with our stay. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful with directions, check in and check out were quick and easy, the room was clean and quiet. The room WAS small, but for our stay was quite adequate. We ordered room service on Saturday night, the food was very good, the price was not outrageous, and best of all, it was delivered to our room in 20 minutes. The one issue I had was remedied quickly and completely, and that was the lack of hot water in the bathroom. My husband called downstairs to inform them of it, and 10 minutes later problem solved. We went to breakfast one morning in Mezza9 - that was a bit pricy, but the food was good, and the portions were large. All in all, we had a great time, and we would definitely stay again!

Not a bad place at all

by TripAdvisor Member sag42

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on March 31 for one night. We wanted something close to Metro so that we can take the metro to the Cherry Blossom sighting.

Overall this hotel is pretty good for the money paid. We actually got a two room suite and the rooms and bathrooms were very nice. Our only complaint was of the air conditioning. Friday night (3/31) was a pretty warm night and we had to turn the A/C on. It is not a central room a/c, just one of those big window a/c units. It was noisy as hell and did not provide that much relief either in providing cool air. I did not sleep at all and eventually had to shut it off to get some sleep.

The location is very good, just one block from the Rosslyn metro stop. Parking is not bad either plus on weekend it is free. We also had breakfast at the hotel and it was pretty good too. So, for $99 it was not a bad deal.I would recommend this hotel.

Convenient, great for tourist

by TripAdvisor Member trip_haz_consultant

We stayed Fri, Sat, Sun, for $119 a night. We had a rental car on Friday but turned it in as this is right beside the metro. They did have free parking on the weekend. Our main purpose was to hit as many tourist sites as possible over the weekend.

Location was great!! The hotel location is very convenient to the metro. The entrance is less than a half a block, basically on the opposite side of the hotel entrance. We had no problem at all getting to any tourist location.

Our room was just what we expected, the king size bed was great, it was a huge step up from the hotel bed at Staybridge Suites. The wireless internet worked flawless. They had a Starz channel on the tv, was able to watch a movie. They have 4 elevators so it was very easy to go to and from our room.

We didn't really eat in or around our hotel, it looked like on the weekends most places are either closed or close early. There is a ruby tuesday across the street. We went several times to Starbucks which is about a block up the street. Great outdoor deck to let your feet rest. We took a cab to Clarendon Blvd and walked back to the hotel. There are alot of places to eat and drink around there.

We felt safe at all times, not coming from a big city or familar with the metro system. We were arriving at the metro station and hotel at all times of the day/night and never had any problems.

Iwo Jima monument is close and we walked there. It felt like a 10 -15 min walk but it is very close and it felt like walking to any other monument. On the map it shows a couple blocks away.

It is super close to National Airport. We took a Lincoln Towncar and it was fixed price of 18$ +tip and the trip was quick. A cab ride (the bellman said) would be around $15. You could have taken the metro there but it looked to me like a hassle to lug our 4 suitcases to, on and out of the metro and then have to take a shuttle bus when you get there.

I would recommend this hotel, I read several reviews and got pricing from several other hotels but this hotel stay was flawless and it gave us exactly what we needed at all times.

Very disappointing

This hotel really was a letdown. I never stayed at a Hyatt hotel before, but I assumed they were relatively upmarket. This hotel rates poorly in every respect except its location, just across the street from Crystal City metro station, in a nice area. I don't know if my room was worse than average but it certainly had nothing attractive about it. It was furnished in a nondescript style, the furniture was old and the whole looked depressing. An amazingly high share of the staff (80% ?) speak very poor English. Those who do speak English are generally cold and sulken (maybe they feel they're an elite or something?) although there are exceptions.

The hotel charges, I was told by staff, up to $50 a minute for international direct dial calls; however, this is cleverly hidden in the information packet left in rooms (mine said costs are something like $2.50 connecting charge + some other costs + Sprint telecom charges which of course you have idea of what they might be);

I should add that the staff were often unresponsive to very simple requests and, to top things off, the buffet breakfast (for which I paid around $18) was really poor quality, I've never eaten worse bacon.

I would like to add that I am not at all a difficult guest normally. This is the first time I rate a hotel "terrible". I want to clarify, however, that the "terrible" rating refers to the value for money ratio. If they charged say $80, it would be OK. But they don't.

Some good... some not so good.

by TripAdvisor Member ErinGoBragh915

Pros:
*Right around the corner from the Rosslyn Metro stop
*Safe area, mostly office towers and upscale apartments
*The room was clean

Cons:
*They told me twice that they would get a refrigerator up to my room, then the third time I called, they said they had no refrigerators. Huh?
*Many front desk employees don't speak very good English; I had trouble communicating with them because of this. I called the front desk to ask how to get an outside line and the reply was so garbled I had to ask to have it repeated five times.
*Not many places to eat in the area, plus Rosslyn rolls up its sidewalks at 6pm Sundays anyway. Hello, Dominos???
*As has been mentioned, the bathroom is strangely tiny. The edge of the tub is perhaps 18" from the wall. And it was very dark in there
*The whole room was dark, in fact -- welcome to the land of the 40-watt bulb

Wonderful service!

This hotel exceeded our expectations in every way! It is a perfect location for visiting Washington, DC. The Rosslyn metro station is across the street, along with many restaurants. Rooms are very clean and well supplied. The bathroom was a nice size with a large vanity that won me over immediately. The entire staff was extremely helpful and friendly throughout our stay and beyond. I left a very important item in the closet after our stay and the housekeeping manager was more than happy to ship it overnight to us at our hotel in Pittsburgh. When it arrived, there was another small item that we didn't even remember leaving included in the package. We were quite impressed by their honesty and assistance with the entire situation.

Comments