1121 N 19th Street, Arlington, Virginia, 22209, United States

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Palomar Arlington - A Kimpton Hotel

Overall Great, A Few Kinks

by TripAdvisor Member jayster

The hotel itself is amazing. The interiors are fun, modern, yet possess a certain warmth. The living room wine hour is a blast. Breakfast is pretty good and free. The room was comfortable and well-decorated.

On the negative side, although the front desk staff is incredibly friendly, the two workers when we checked in lacked knowledge of the area. We specifically stayed in the hotel because we were heading to shows at an Arlington theater. When we asked for a map, the agent automatically unfolded a DC map and asked us if we needed help with the Metro. We told him we needed the Arlington map and he told us he was new to the area and did not know it well. We asked for directions to the theater which were totally wrong. We missed quite a bit of the show trying to find it. However, the manager on duty when we returned was incredibly apologetic and offered us a substantial discount and free bottle of wine. The way he handled the situation was classy, dignified and appropriate.

The other negative point: AWFUL valet. Calling down did no good. Both times we needed the car, it was not ready. This also partially contributed to a late theater arrival. It took them 15 minutes to retrieve the car on a quiet night with no one else waiting.

Happy Days!

by TripAdvisor Member bellatraveller

Thanks to a delay in air travel I missed the wine reception on my first evening - but my girlfriend who I was visiting was celebrating her birthday & mentioned as we checked in that we had and the hotel had sent us 3 complimentary bottles of wine to make up for it! We were speechless when this didn't appear on the bill!

The rooms were colorful, whimisical yet a little small for three women, the bathroom was a little small for all of us trying to use the mirror - I ended up using the mirror on the wall in the room. But considering the price I paid, I'm not going to complain!!

No real view but in close distance to a number of quick places to grab a bite to eat.

elevator terror

by TripAdvisor Member CGR16

I was stuck in the elevator for 45 minutes with 3 of my children. While the hotel staff was trying to open the doors the elevator dropped a bit. My 7 year old daughter was terrified she was crying and screaming the entire 45 minutes. The rest of us were trying to be brave for the little one. The fire dept had to come and get us out. The mgr gave us free breakfast. I felt like the hotel should have done a lot more than just a free breakfast!

Great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Beachrocks

Just got back from a 5-night stay, and truly, what a great hotel! The hotel staff were extremely accommodating and friendly. The hotel is near several (fast food type) restaurants including Cosi, Quiznos, McDonalds, Burger King, Chipotle, Baja Fresh, Starbucks, and Chop't. The whole family will be happy with the choices. The hotel is about a 5 min (or less) walk to the metro. Close to downtown DC. The hotel and rooms are extremely clean and well decorated. My only complaint, it would have been nice to have a small bistro type table and chairs in the room. The wine reception at night is great. The tea/coffee in the morning is great. We ate at Domaso, the hotel restaurant, great food and a bit pricey. All in all, a great stay. I will definitely stay there again if I am back in the area.

Enjoyable Stay

by TripAdvisor Member buddy_and_lindsay

This was an unbelievably comfortable stay with an incredible staff. The hotel's lobby starts on the third floor. The lobby sets the stage for a memorable experience with a relaxing, living-room like setting. The restaurant features Northern Italian cuisine in a formal dining room that is not stuffy. The rooms were a pleasant surprise because their size was larger than an average boutique hotel.

Each night, there was a complimentary wine hour in the lobby and each morning there was complimentary gourmet coffee.

I stayed here on business with several others in my company and the hotel was very helpful in calling cabs and catering to everyone's needs. The free wifi was also a welcomed feature.

In addition, the location was outstanding. It was close to the business of Arlington, yet right across the bridge from Georgetown. The cab rides to DC and Embassy Row are also not that bad.

Great Find!

by TripAdvisor Member RumJumbie

My husband and I used to live in Arlington and returned in June for a friend's wedding. We decided to stay at the Hotel Palomar in the Rosslyn area of Arlington. This is a Kimpton Hotel and our limited experiences with this boutique hotel chain have all been good. This hotel was no exception. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable. The hotel's evening wine reception was held in a lovely lounge area that led into the restaurant. We ate dinner at the hotel's restaurant and prior to our dinner in the inside dining room enjoyed a pre-dinner drink on the outside deck. The deck is situated in between tall buildings on a mid-level floor such that we weren't expecting any real view but there is a lovely view over the Potomac from which you can watch planes leaving and arriving at Reagan National. The staff was delightful and we would certainly consider staying here again should our travels take us back to the DC area. The hotel is conveniently located near a Metro stop for easy access around the area, including all monuments and government buildings, as well as the new Washington Nationals stadium, which is a must visit for baseball fans (particularly those of you who ever suffered through Nationals baseball at RFK).

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Golden-mole

We stayed 3 nights at the Palomar and enjoyed every minute of it. We had a king room overlooking the Potomac. We booked directly with the hotel, so did not get a reduced rate and we did not mind because we had such a good time.

The hotel is well located with Starbucks and the usual fast food outlets nearby. The Rosslyn metro station is within easy walking distance and gives you fast access to all the sites in Washington.

The hotel is of the boutique style, located within an office block, starting on the 4th floor with the lobby, business centre, lunge and restaurant. The bedrooms start on the 5th floor going up to the top of the building on the 14th floor.

The room was a good size and very well furnished with a large screen LCD TV with DVD player and Ipod docking station. The bathroom was also a good size and had L'Occitane products. Generally the room was quiet. However the hotel is just of the flight path for Reagan National Airport, so there is aircraft noise during the day, but it did not disturb our sleep.

I'm not sure if this is a regular feature, but the hotel had wine tasting in the evening.

The restaurant - Domaso - was a very good Italian restaurant with a good selection of wine, good food and good service.

There is a very good shop - Domasoteca - on the ground floor selling wine and cheese. Highly recommended!

The only negative was the charge for parking at $30 per night.

Amazing stay

by TripAdvisor Member Ruchei

I stayed here for 7 nights and enjoyed it thoroughly. The bed was heavenly - everything down to little detial has been thought out here. I had everything I needed to be away from home and the service was exellent. Also, the proximity to the Metro was very important to me.

Wonderful stay

by TripAdvisor Member bbsLouisville

We stayed at the Hotel Palomar while visiting relatives in DC and the hotel could not have been more welcoming. Sophisticated lobby, knowledgeable staff, and excellent location. Very convenient to Rosslyn Metro Station (easy 5 minute walk with luggage). We had breakfast sandwhiches as Cosi (1 minute walk) and there is also a Starbucks located nearby. Georgetown was a 5 minute car ride. Be sure to check out Lebanese Taverna (as close as it gets to my mother's Lebanese cooking!) located in Arlington. The beds were comfy, furnishings were upscale, and the view of the river and bridge was lovely. Love the L'Occitane products!!! The wine store located in the hotel was suberb. Very helpful and down to earth. Excellent selection of cheese and bread to snack on. We will surely stay there again.

Comments