Arlington Hotels

• cjg1 profile photo cjg1
  • Reviews: 5700

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Doubletree Crystal City: Decent Stay, Good Location

Location and price is why I chose this hotel. The location was within walking distance of the metro stop in the mall which was perfect since we planed on exploring the city that weekend. The price was good for the area and location.

Our room was a one bedroom suite located on the sixth floor with a partially obstructed view of the pentagon. The suite was large with a big living room with flat screen tv, sectional sleeper sofa, desk, bar area with fridge and microwave. The bathroom was a nice sizee with a tub and vanity. The bedromm had a kingsized bed, dresser, chair and flat screen TV.

We had issues with the heat when we first arrived and maintenece was sent promptly to check out the situation. After the heat began to come up with thought all would be well...so wrong. In the middle of the night the heat went off and plunged the room into the low 60's. We made the best of it and reported the issue when we were checking out on Sunday morning. They were nice about it; waving the paring fee of $26.

We did enjoy the lobby loung on Saturday night after we decided we were in for the night. I decided to have some beer while the ladies chose some cokes. The lobby bar was very comfortable and the service here was very attentive. Refills of drinks magically appeared before we even finished the last drop of our drinks.

We opted not to enjoy the free breakfast here but were able to use the vouchers toward items in their takeaway cafe. We stocked up on some snacks, water and a couple of hot chocolates and tea for the road.

Would I stay here again; probably not. There are so many better options in the area and I have become spoiled by staying at the Park Hyatt in Georgetown.

• Written January 6, 2014

• Ewingjr98 profile photo Ewingjr98
  • Reviews: 6209

Residence Inn - Rosslyn, VA

The Residence Inn in Rosslyn is a very nice, clean, friendly hotel is the lively Rosslyn neighborhood of Arlington. This 12 story hotel has 176 suites, each with living rooms, bedrooms, and kitchenettes. The hotel has a fitness center, Wi-Fi and wired (Cat-5) internet access in the rooms, full buffet breakfast, coffee in lobby, and a weeknight evening reception with food and occasionally drinks. Rooms range from about $135 to over $200 a night, and on-site parking is $6 hourly or $12 USD daily. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the Marine Corps Iwo Jima Monument, the Netherlands Carillon, and Arlington National Cemetery as well as the Rosslyn Station Metro Stop.

I stayed here in 2008 while on a business trip to Rosslyn. The hotel was very convenient as I had meetings in an office building less than 5 minutes away on foot. I stayed in a smaller suite on the second floor that was clean and comfortable, the only problem being the coffee pot that did not work and it was not replaced even 24 hours after reporting it broken... luckily they have free coffee downstairs 24/7. The complimentary breakfast was surprisingly good and it included eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fresh waffles, cereal, fruit, juices, and much more.

Compared to other Residence Inns I have used, the rooms here are smaller than usual, but that is really the only drawback, and I'd gladly stay here again in the future.

This hotel might not be as nice as some other places I have stayed (like the Alexandria Weston), but its reasonable price for rooms and parking, nice amenities (like free wi-fi and breakfast), and good location more than make up for any shortcomings.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written September 21, 2008
Tip Photo

• xacuti profile photo xacuti
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Palomar Arlington - A Kimpton Hotel: The Palomar experience was positively brilliant

We had the most beautiful stay at this hotel. The rooms were excellent and so was the service. It has opened its doors just recently and I hope that the sheen of the service does not wear off with time.

We have recommended this hotel to other member of our family.

Any down side? Yes:
The morning coffee could have been warmer.

Right from the doorman to the reception to the room - our experience was brilliant.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written December 21, 2007

• Rich62 profile photo Rich62
  • Reviews: 1553

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

LIFE IN A TOWNHOUSE: VERTICAL HOUSING?

We were able to spend a week in my cousin's townhouse. That was great, and as a bonus it was near a metro station.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Seniors, Arts and Culture, Luxury Travel
  • Written January 28, 2006

THE TOWNHOUSE

• matcrazy1 profile photo matcrazy1
  • Reviews: 8368

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Benches by Pentagon metro station: If you already spent all $$$

If you are stony broke after Washington, DC and Arlington's adventures which is not so difficult in this area of the USA and if your bank refuses any talks there is one option - follow Kathy and me, look at the picture.

DISADVANTAGES
No bathroom
Shared restroom nearby
No privacy - you are filming by Big Brothers from the Pentagon
No air-condition, just in case... October was OK, I heard that the best is June and September
The smallest bed in the USA ever
No breakfast
No smoking rooms
Wake-up (by security staff) maybe expensive

ADVANTAGES
Price ($0)
Safety (I do believe it must be very safe as the wall of the famous Pentagon is just in front of you)
Stars over you
Never fully booked
Wake-up by security staff guaranteed

Excuse, despite the above advantages we didn't sleep there. Our beds seperated by glass were exceptionally hard, worse than the floor in our hotel room (Nat knows that). Kathy and me decided to continue our way back to room 425 in Sheraton National Hotel.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Road Trip
  • Written February 2, 2005

KATHY AND I

• TaniaMaria profile photo TaniaMaria
  • Reviews: 8

Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza: Hilton Garden Inn

Like most Garden Inn's this is no different.
Clean, quaint.

I like this facility because it is acroos the street from the subway, not far from Wholefoods Market, Kinkos and restaurants.

A taxi ride fron Reagan DCA airport is about $15 and the shuttle will take you to locations within about 3 miles from the hotel, so a trip to Wholefoods can allow you to bring many bags back to your room...

Gym on 2nd floor, close to subway, restaurants, movie theathe and wholefoods market.

In the square before the courthouse across the street, area farmers sell produce every Saturday morning. In summer, the Marine Corps Band performs complimentary concerts here one night a week.

• Written December 12, 2004