Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport

2020 Jefferson Davis Highway, (formerly Days Inn), Arlington, Virginia, 22202, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Radisson Reagan National - Crystal City

The Radisson is a lower-end hotel in Crystal City, but it makes up for that with lower prices and a very convenient location two blocks from the Metro. Though older and less elegant than many other area hotel, it has many of the same amenities such as a swimming pool, free wi-fi (with spotty service in some rooms), free breakfast, and more. The hotel's 245 rooms and six suites were recently renovated, so are clean and modern, and each room has a sleep number bed with litle remote control thingy. All rooms also have refrigerators, microwaves, coffee pots, irons, and more. Free shuttle service to Reagan National Airport and the metro.

The hotel is also just two blocks from 23rd Street, Crystal City's liveliest area in terms of restaurants and bars that cater to evening and late night crowds. Some of my favorite places on this stretch include the Crystal City Sports Pub and the Kabob Palace Afghan restaurant, but you can also find Greek, Italian, Ethiopian, a gay bar, and a gentlemens club.

More about Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport

Bed was awesome!

by TripAdvisor Member heatkc

I recently stayed at the Radisson in Virginia on a business trip. Upon check-in they said I had a smoking room reserved and when I said I did not want to be in a smoking room they changed it with no problems. I ordered room service which was very prompt. It was a bit pricy as I paid $18 for a philly cheesteak sandwich, fries and a coke. The food was great though! The best part of my stay was the sleep number bed. It was very comfy and relaxing. I would stay at the Radisson just for the sleep number beds!

The one downfall which I felt was a HUGE downfall was I got woken up at about midnight by some partyers or hotel staff. I couldn't figure out if someone was throwing a party next door to me or if the hotel staff found a room to hang out in for a while. I kept hearing someone getting on a walky-talky that is why I thought maybe they were employees. These people did not leave the room or be quiet (whichever of the two) until after 2 am. I was a bit tired for my training session the next morning.

Overrall besides getting woken up my stay was pleasant. The bathroom was nice and the shower had pressure which is always a must! I would recommend staying here.

Great stay at a premium location

by TripAdvisor Member MTCBells

We were a little concerned that we get a good hotel after our last visit to DC was a disaster, and we are VERY pleased with the Radisson
at Reagan National in Crystal City / Arlington.

I'm not a huge fan of the Sleep Number beds, but other than that, the
hotel is exceptionally clean, within walking distance (5 minutes) from the Crystal City Shops and Crystal City Metro, and a great deal.Our average price for our stay was right at $100 per night.

I would highly recommend this location.

Very Clean, Good Location

by TripAdvisor Member katmelina

Very clean and well maintained with a short shuttle ride to Reagan.

Very plain bar and restaurant nestled together. A bit too pricy but the service was good.

We have a sleep machine so noise was not a factor.

I would stay again.

Good for business travelers

by TripAdvisor Member lynne73

This hotel is conveniently located near the Pentagon and many other government offices. It is very quiet which is hard to find with so many high school tour groups in the area. Also very clean and love the beds! Fast food and sit down restaurants are nearby. Will stay here again.

How did it earn three stars??

by TripAdvisor Member dsabato

Upon arrival, one elevator was broken (for several days) and the business center was out of service (for the entire week.) Though it was late afternoon, our room’s hallway was littered with trays of half eaten breakfast food. There were numerous repeated problems with housekeeping and staff service, from removing the extra cot (which was painful to sleep on) and not replacing it, to not cleaning bathroom surfaces, to failure to replace towels, to a shower that sprayed only very hot water (we were fearful to report this because we were concerned they'd remove the shower mechanism and not repair of replace it) . Each time we reported a problem, the staff apologized, said they would take care of it immediately ...and then didn't. We had to call back on more than one occasion. We all had an allergic reaction to the amount of cleaning chemicals used in the room, which indicated that housekeeping was using chemicals to mask odors, rather than cleaning (like rug powders for example.). Luckily we could open the window! We found it amazing that we had to call and say "we have no towels at all" or "could we please get the coffee replenished?". It's very hard to believe that this hotel earned a three star rating. It was one of the worst hotel experiences in years.

Comfortable and Convienent

by TripAdvisor Member thorno2

Stayed here on a Friday night and was very impressed with the room for the rate. The staff at the front desk was friendly and efficient. Rooms were clean, comforable, and very nicely appointed. Especially enjoyed the sleep number bed. Location was very convienent to the airport and the metro. Variety of dining options were within easy walking distance.

Loved The area

by TripAdvisor Member neurorn031

I booked the hotel on priceline and received a great deal. The hotel has a pool and free parking. The room are very nice and have sleep number beds but the rooms are a little small. We were only in them to sleep so that wasn't a bother. The lobby was nice and has complimentary computers and printers that was great so we could print our return home boarding passes.
The is a bar and a dining room . We only had breakfast there once due to the price. The area the hotel in is wonderful. You can walk right around the corner and your at a little underground mall and outdoor restaurants called Crystal City. The staff was very friendly. I would stay at this hotel again.

Just okay, but didn't stay here for the ambiance.

by TripAdvisor Member uscanuck99

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights (she actually spent 2 extra days here for a seminar). The night before I arrived she dealt with a cockroach that was seen crawling across the hotel room's wall. She somehow managed to muster the courage to try to trap
this roach against the wall with a trash can. Eventually, the roach fell behind the entertainment unit ... causing my girlfriend to call the front desk and report it. A few minutes later, an interesting looking maintenance man showed up, found the pest, covered it with a bag and clubbed it several times with his flashlight. He removed the bag, quickly replaced the bag, and proceeded to club the roach a few more times for good measure. That was the last of it. No courtesy call apologizing, no restitution of any kind, not even a complimentary bottle of spring water. Because we don't complain and that seemed to be the end of it, we stayed. The chances another room had a roach were just as good.

The Sleep Number bed novelty wore off quickly. Do people actually pay thousands for these glorified air-mattresses?? I'll take my Sealy posturepedic pillowtop any day of the week over the Sleep Number.

Okay .. so why 3 stars and not 1?

This place was relatively clean, close to the airport, reasonably priced, close to great dining locations (Legal Seafood, Caribou Coffee, Jaleo's, Au Bon Pain, etc), and the Metro stop was a short walk. We stayed here to sleep .. that's all.

If visiting here, please take the Metro to the Calendon (sp?) stop! It's in Virgina, but it's a must if you're looking for a cool & trendy location to eat and watch a band play. I recommend IOTA. It's a cafe on one half and an intimate music venue on the other. We saw Great Lake Swimmers - look them up, very good! The food was fantastic
as well. Jaleo's in Arlington & DC is a great tapas restaurant with an extensive (i mean extensive) menu. Cold, Hot, & Seasonal dishes here. Order the sangria! The white sangria was surprisingly good & refreshing! Red is always a winner.

Wish we had a few more days to enjoy D.C. Oh ... if new to D.C. take one of the bicycle tours. Very fun & informative for a 3 hour tour.

Well Maintained

by TripAdvisor Member Gotto

On our recent trip to visit the sites of Washington, DC we booked a hotel online in Arlington, VA as their prices were more moderate than those of DC. We chose the Radisson name as we have had pretty good luck with them in the past.

We found it to be clean, quiet, comfortable and affordable. It had an adequate work-out room that had good hours. An outdoor pool that we did not take advantage of. A good restaurant right off the lobby and easy access to the Metro which we used almost exclusively during our stay.

They had sleep number beds which were nice. A drawback was the bathroom as it was very small with very little counter space. The 2 of us had trouble getting ready in the morning for the day. The shower had a rounded outward curtain bar that gave you a feeling of more room than normal. Shower flow was below normal and one day we had only lukewarm water to shower with. We let them know and that night we had hot water again. 1 of the 2 phones in the room would not allow you to call the front desk. We let them know and they said they would fix, but, never did.

Room was cleaned very well each night during our 5 night stay. We paid $700 for 5 nights with tax in early June which we thought was a steal. And they have 10.25% tax on their rooms in Arlington. The hotel is very close to Regan National airport which was a plus on the days that we traveled and we never did hear any planes in the hotel itself. The climate control in the rooms was good also.

We would defenitely stay again.

Wisconsin Tourists