Value Score No Data
Good For Families
Sheraton Crystal City Hotel
The Sheraton Crystal City Hotel has a prime location just a half block from the metro and within walking distance of the bars and restaurants on 23rd Street and, in the other direction, the Pentagon City Mall.
The hotel offers 217 guest rooms, with flat screen TVs, coffee pots, irons, and other standard amenities. Wi-fi is available, included in some room rates, and at an extra charge for other room rates. The hotel has a bar and restaurant in the lobby on the first floor, a gym, a business center, luggage storage, etc.
My stay was pleasant. The guy at the front desk was great and the rooms were nice and comfortable. Probably my only complaint was the limited control of the air conditioner. It was a controlled by an old fashioned dial on the wall, that really didn't seem to do anything. My first night it was set around 72 degrees, and it was too hot; the next night I lowered to to about 65 and I didn't feel any difference.
General information (1/2)
Excuse, I didn't stay at Sheraton Crystal City Hotel. I passed by this hotel and took that picture of not very beautiful edifice of the hotel. So, I can only say that the hotel is conveniently located at main street of Crystal City (US-1), only 350 yards (m) from center of Crystal City (restaurants and entertainment there) and next to Crystal City Shops. Metro station Crystal City is located on oposite side of main street, only about 100 yards (m) south. Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is only 3.4 mi by car (free hotel shuttle!). Internet price now: $187/night (2 persons in 1 room, add tax and parking fee).
1. Hotels in Arlington are generally less expensive than in downtown Washington, DC but... still expensive, usually over $150 per night.
2. Usually, more convenient location (closer to metro station), means higher price.
3. All (or almost all) hotels offer free shuttle from/to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) and/or to the nearest metro station. Warning: the shuttles does NOT operate 24 hours.
4. You must always add tax to your price, eventually, especially in more expensive hotels, parking fee (I paid $8 or $10 per day).
5. In more expensive hotels breakfast is NOT included in price and can cost over $15 per person.
6. Add tips to pay (for carrying luggage, valet parking asistant etc.)
7. Everything to drink and eat in your hotel room (except coffee/tea) is paid even if it's not clearly stated.
8. The cheapest hotel I (and b1bob) found is Days Inn Washington Arlington.
9. Warning: there are two Days Inn and two Sheraton hotels in Arlington. Always use the full name of your hotel, for example Sheraton National Hotel or Sheraton Crystal City Hotel.
10. Most hotels are located either in Crystal City or in Rosslyn (both locations offer easy access to Washington, DC by metro). Crystal City looks better and offers more for visitors (more choice of nightlife, entertainment, pubs, restaurants and shopping).
To be continued in the next tip.
Directions: Access through Eads Street. US-1 South: pass by the hotel (on right), turn right to 20th St. S and right to Eads Street. US-1 North: turn left to 20th St. S and right to Eads Street.
Popular Hotels in Arlington
1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington
4610 N. Fairfax Dr., Arlington
1700 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington
6800 Lee Hwy., Arlington
Explore the World
- Cettia Apart Hotel - Marmaris
- Holiday Inn Express BROOKVILLE, PA-ALLEGHENY BLVD.
- Sheraton Seattle Hotel Towers
- InterContinental Mark Hopkins
- Spinnaker at Shipyard Hilton Head Island
- Kapalua Villas
- Avenue Plaza Hotel
- Doubletree Resort by Hilton Puntarenas
- Santana Beach Resort
- Four Points By Sheraton Rock Island
- Houda Golf and Beach Club
- Grand Plaza Hotel