Sheraton National

Sheraton.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Great SPG stay with Fantastic Views

I was really impressed with this hotel. From the service upon check-in through the room and even in the parking lot leaving the next day. We booked a smoking room which I abhor because it was a suite for only $89. When I arrived they easily made the switch to a non smoking room which made me VERY happy. Everything was offered without me asking. She said something to the effect of, "I see your preferences are non-smoking and you are in a smoking room, would you like a non-smoking?" This really sat well with me.

Unique Quality: Room 1422. This is really two connecting rooms that have had the bed removed from one and living room furniture added to it. You can see it all in the pics. The huge size (two whole rooms) for such a cheap rate was amazing. Also it was a view room in that you could see what is the skyline of Washington.

We did not check out the pool but heard good things about it.

I will return to this hotel if I have need of the area again.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Great company, price, location, views

THE LEAST EXPENSIVE
    Before our trip to the USA Chris (balfor) from Atlanta found and book a room in this hotel on Priceline for only about $70 with a tax and without breakfast and parking fee. We all (my wife, Kathy, Chris, Nat and I) shared one room and cost. So, unexpectadly it was our least expensive accommodation in the USA we ever had and the best hotel as well. Unbelievable! Just in case... the room for 4 normally goes for more than $150. I want to have internet in my car while driving around the USA :-).

ROOM
    Our room 425 was spacious, surely clean and very nice like the bathroom. Only the washbasin was too small for VT-gang or rather all that beer and wine we wanted to cold with ice (very efficient ice vending machine was in the hall). Well, it was designed for washing hands... The view over the window was on opposite direction to the Pentagon and Washington, DC :-(. Anyway, I was very, very satisfied about the hotel.

VIEWS

Unique Quality: On 16th floor there was a ballroom with a few tables put outside, when we continued our VT-meeting till late night enjoying breathtaking views over Pentagon and Washington DC. There is also nice although small indoor heated pool with a bird eye view towards the Pentagon, Crystal City and Washington, DC. Add well equipped fitness center. Both open 24h.

Free shuttle service to Pentagon City metro station every half an hour (to Reagan National Airport as well).

Directions: Close to the Pentagon, corner of main Columbia Pike. Details in my transportation tips and here

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Within spitting distance of the Pentagon

I lucked into this one. Chris balfor got this on priceline.com for about $70 (it normally goes for more than $150). I wasn't originally slated to stay here, but circumstances kept me in Arlington for the VT meeting and I ended up bedding down in Room 425 with Matt, Urszula, Kathy, and Chris. It was a spacious room with a more than ample sink and bathroom. Warning / Danger: Even though there isn't a sign over the bottled water, they do charge (an arm and a leg for it).

Unique Quality: The thing that struck me about the hotel was the 16th floor. There is a pool with a birds eye view of Washington, DC, the Pentagon, and the Crystal City skyline. There is also a health club and ball room up there too. The hotel provides a shuttle to the Pentagon City metro stop on the half hour.

More about Sheraton National

If you already spent all $$$

by matcrazy1 about Benches by Pentagon metro station

If you are stony broke after Washington, DC and Arlington's adventures which is not so difficult in this area of the USA and if your bank refuses any talks there is one option - follow Kathy and me, look at the picture.

DISADVANTAGES
No bathroom
Shared restroom nearby
No privacy - you are filming by Big Brothers from the Pentagon
No air-condition, just in case... October was OK, I heard that the best is June and September
The smallest bed in the USA ever
No breakfast
No smoking rooms
Wake-up (by security staff) maybe expensive ADVANTAGES
Price ($0)
Safety (I do believe it must be very safe as the wall of the famous Pentagon is just in front of you)
Stars over you
Never fully booked
Wake-up by security staff guaranteed

Excuse, despite the above advantages we didn't sleep there. Our beds seperated by glass were exceptionally hard, worse than the floor in our hotel room (Nat knows that). Kathy and me decided to continue our way back to room 425 in Sheraton National Hotel.

Arlington - Great price, location and views!

by matcrazy1 about Sheraton National Hotel

THE LEAST EXPENSIVE

ROOM

VIEWS
The hotel stands alone as the tallest building in this area. The views over the Pentagon, Washington, DC and Crystal City are spectacular. I am sure you watched it on TV as the hotel was occupied by journalists after terrorist attack over the Pentagon as the only hotel with such view. On 16th floor there was a ballroom with a few tables put outside, when we continued our VT-meeting till late night enjoying breathtaking views over Pentagon and Washington DC. There is also nice although small indoor heated pool with a bird eye view towards the Pentagon, Crystal City and Washington, DC. Add well equipped fitness center. Both open 24h.

Good, but not great.

by TripAdvisor Member Kramerica

Spent a week there in July. The rooms were very nice and the hotel was very clean. It's not in a great neighborhood, but that really doesn't matter too much since most guests will probably take the shuttle and the Metro to other parts of the metro, as opposed to hanging out in this general area.
Overall we had an enjoyable stay, but the hotel does have a few issues.
First of all, the restaurant is way over-priced, and the food is average fare. For dinner one evening, we chose the buffet. I believe the cost was around $18 for 3 or 4 entree choices, a couple of side choices, and soup and salad. Don't waste your time there because it's not worth it. You're better off taking the shuttle to the Pentagon City area and finding a restaurant there. The giftshop has some good maps which point out places to eat in that general area.
Another problem was with housekeeping. Our first day they came at 9 a.m., the next day at noon, and the next day not at all. At 5 p.m. on that day I called the front desk and they said they would send somebody up. An hour and a half later I called again when nobody showed up. Forty-five minutes later, a maid finally arrived.
I also felt that parking should be complimentary for guests. If it were in downtown D.C., I could understand being charged, but Arlington isn't exactly a dense metro area.
On a positive note, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the shuttle was extremely convenient. The rooftop pool, sundeck, and viewing area were all very nice touches.
Overall, this was a nice hotel, but for the price, I expected a little more.

Good Hotel, Great Staff

This is a very good - solid - hotel. It is very clean and the staff is excellent. Yes - you need to take a shuttle (a very short distance) to the Metro but the hotel runs multiple vans on a regular schedule and we never had a problem. We never eat at hotels like this so I cannot comment on the prices or the food but I can say that the Pentagon City Mall, very close by, is a first class mall with excellent restaurants and a great food court. Besides, there are world class restaurants in downtown DC - go explore them.

The only two negatives about the hotel are that they did charge to park our car and they have no hot tub.

You can stay at this hotel with with confidence.

Ok, wouldn't stay again

by TripAdvisor Member creason

I did not choose to stay at this hotel, since I was there for a conference and got a decent price. I would not stay here again because it's too far from everything. But if you're in the Arlington area, it's probably fine.

PROS: It was a very nice hotel, clean & modern, nice front staff. The bartenders made good drinks, but could have been more service-oriented. The beds were very comfortable, nice workout area. The shuttle was convenient to use. Despite it not being in a good neighborhood, I did not feel unsafe at any time.

CONS: the location was very isolated; snacks were expensive; restaurant is way overpriced, adds the tip automatically to the bill and serves very mediocre buffet fare. The concierege was not helpful at all, didn't even greet us or open the door. The shuttle with a lift had a very hostile driver - almost seriously injured a man in a wheelchair and was making slurs under his voice about it - should have lost his job!

No complaints

by TripAdvisor Member rdcjMD

I had a great price from Hotwire and I was extremely happy when I saw my huge room with a nice city view. I had a good sleep in one of the softest beds I ever had in years. And they don't scrimp on pillows and toiletries!!
The buffet breakfast was filling and reasonably priced. The shuttles to the Metro Pentagon city and the airport were always on time. I would love to stay again in this hotel the next time I am in DC.

We are not coming back

On Veteran's day I reserved 2 rooms with city view through Sheraton website with verbal confirmation from the main office. However, to our surprise the supervisor and later the manager could not find our res. anywhere in their system. They tried their best and fit us in 2 adjacent rooms in the basement with no view and gave us free parking which helps. The hotel lobby was a knockout, as well as the king bed and beddings. However, we thought the location wasn't convenient as other Arlington's hotels we've known, and the room, bathroom and furniture felt cramped. I checked out the swimming pool which is on the roof of the old part of the hotel -- was unimpressed. The price was OK for what we got, but we thought the Residence Inn which offers comp. breakfast would be a better deal at a better location.

A POOL OF SHERATON NATIONAL HOTELA POOL OF SHERATON NATIONAL HOTEL

SHUTTLE OF SHERATON NATIONAL HOTELSHUTTLE OF SHERATON NATIONAL HOTEL

SHERATON  NATIONAL  HOTEL, ARLINGTONSHERATON NATIONAL HOTEL, ARLINGTON

KATHY IN A POOL OF SHERATON NATIONAL HOTELKATHY IN A POOL OF SHERATON NATIONAL HOTEL

Comments