Sheraton National

See Amenities
cjg1's Profile Photo

Great SPG stay with Fantastic Views

by written on November 5, 2007

I was really impressed with this hotel. From the service upon check-in through the room and even in the parking lot leaving the next day. We booked a smoking room which I abhor because it was a suite for only $89. When I arrived they easily made the switch to a non smoking room which made me VERY happy. Everything was offered without me asking. She said something to the effect of, "I see your preferences are non-smoking and you are in a smoking room, would you like a non-smoking?" This really sat well with me.

Unique Quality: Room 1422. This is really two connecting rooms that have had the bed removed from one and living room furniture added to it. You can see it all in the pics. The huge size (two whole rooms) for such a cheap rate was amazing. Also it was a view room in that you could see what is the skyline of Washington.

We did not check out the pool but heard good things about it.

I will return to this hotel if I have need of the area again.

matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Great company, price, location, views

by written on February 1, 2005

THE LEAST EXPENSIVE
Before our trip to the USA Chris (balfor) from Atlanta found and book a room in this hotel on Priceline for only about $70 with a tax and without breakfast and parking fee. We all (my wife, Kathy, Chris, Nat and I) shared one room and cost. So, unexpectadly it was our least expensive accommodation in the USA we ever had and the best hotel as well. Unbelievable! Just in case... the room for 4 normally goes for more than $150. I want to have internet in my car while driving around the USA :-).

ROOM
Our room 425 was spacious, surely clean and very nice like the bathroom. Only the washbasin was too small for VT-gang or rather all that beer and wine we wanted to cold with ice (very efficient ice vending machine was in the hall). Well, it was designed for washing hands... The view over the window was on opposite direction to the Pentagon and Washington, DC :-(. Anyway, I was very, very satisfied about the hotel.

VIEWS
The hotel stands alone as the tallest building in this area. The views over the Pentagon, Washington, DC and Crystal City are spectacular. I am sure you watched it on TV as the hotel was occupied by journalists after terrorist attack over the Pentagon as the only hotel with such view.

Unique Quality: On 16th floor there was a ballroom with a few tables put outside, when we continued our VT-meeting till late night enjoying breathtaking views over Pentagon and Washington DC. There is also nice although small indoor heated pool with a bird eye view towards the Pentagon, Crystal City and Washington, DC. Add well equipped fitness center. Both open 24h.

Free shuttle service to Pentagon City metro station every half an hour (to Reagan National Airport as well).

Directions: Close to the Pentagon, corner of main Columbia Pike. Details in my transportation tips and here

b1bob's Profile Photo

Within spitting distance of the Pentagon

by written on October 18, 2004

I lucked into this one. Chris balfor got this on priceline.com for about $70 (it normally goes for more than $150). I wasn't originally slated to stay here, but circumstances kept me in Arlington for the VT meeting and I ended up bedding down in Room 425 with Matt, Urszula, Kathy, and Chris. It was a spacious room with a more than ample sink and bathroom. Warning / Danger: Even though there isn't a sign over the bottled water, they do charge (an arm and a leg for it).

Unique Quality: The thing that struck me about the hotel was the 16th floor. There is a pool with a birds eye view of Washington, DC, the Pentagon, and the Crystal City skyline. There is also a health club and ball room up there too. The hotel provides a shuttle to the Pentagon City metro stop on the half hour.

Nearby Sheraton National

• Suites
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Arlington Travel Forum

Need advice about Arlington, Virginia? Visit the Travel Forum for Arlington and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Arlington hotel reviews

Iwo Jima Memorial
Guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Impressive memorial statue in Arlington
Things to Do
Watch jumbo jets land right over your head!
Sentinels at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
President Kennedy's Grave at Arlington
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Things to Do
Who can be buried at Arlington
DC Metro
Transportation
Where the real patriots lie
DC's Metro in Arlington
Reagan National Airport - Arlington
Raegan National Airport / Metro
Metrobus - my recommendation
Transportation
To Days Inn Arlington (from Dulles)
To Days Inn from Reagan Natl. Airport
Transportation
Use metro-operated or hotel parkings
I rented a car
Arlington National Cemetery Tour
Fly the friendly skies at National Airport
Transportation
Reagan National Airport (DCA)
The Netherlands Carillon
Off The Beaten Path
Well, you have to visit this infamous one...
First women in U.S. Army