1333 North Courthouse Road, Arlington, Virginia, 22201, United States
Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Hilton Garden Inn Arlington

Great Location

Thank you to all earlier reviewers! This being our first visit to the Washington DC area, we based our choice of area and hotel on your reviews and couldn't have made a better decision.

We stayed here for 3 nights the last weekend in April 2005 and then a further 3 nights the following weekend. We had thought of staying the full week but the considerable difference in cost between weekend and weekday aided our decision to head to Williamsburg for a few days inbetween.

The first weekend was booked as "room assigned at check-in", and we were in a large double queen room on the 2nd floor. As the room was over the hotel entrance/lobby and next to an elevator waiting area (not much used as hidden behind an unmarked door), we didn't have a room either side of us and it was very quiet. The second weekend we booked a king room (cheapest rate) and were initially given a room on the 4th floor right next to the main elevator shaft which was noisy so were moved to another room a few doors down. The king room was smaller but both rooms were clean, comfortable and very well appointed, with microwave, fridge, desk and chair, and an easy chair. I have to agree with an earlier reviewer about the heat/air being noisy but we only needed it on occasionally so it wasn't much of a problem.

The free underground parking was handy and a hotel key was needed to access the elevator lobbies in the car park, which was good for security. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful, with one exception - "TC" could do with a customer service refresher course! I didn't appreciate being checked in while he talked to someone else on the phone and said nothing to me at all, just pointed to the paperwork, and I suppose it didn't help that he was the one who gave me the room next to the noisy elevator. And he obviously didn't like my asking to be moved, even though I was extremely polite. Anyway, the rest of the team was excellent, including the housekeeping staff.

We didn't use the dining room, despite our vouchers for free continental breakfast, but it seemed popular. The hotel appeared to attract business from coach tours as every night there was at least one 'chocked' on the uphill street outside. The pool is no longer available but is being altered to provide additional fitness facilities.

The local neighbourhood was clean and safe; we felt happy walking around daytime and evening. The metro station, a movie theatre, several restaurants and a handy CVS pharmacy are only a few minutes walk from the hotel. The Saturday Farmer's Market is just across the road. A 10-minute walk along Clarendon or Wilson brings you to the rather smart Clarendon neighbourhood with lots more shops and restaurants, and a Whole Foods supermarket - which sells the best strawberry/cream cake in the universe and has what I believe is Virginia's only Jamba Juice. (I do wish Jamba would hurry up and come to the UK!)

We found the hotel ideal for our purposes and extremely good value. Overall, an excellent experience and we would recommend this hotel to all travellers, whether on business or pleasure.

Great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member lmcbdeorio

I booked this hotel on the great ratings given by members on this site, and they were all correct! This is a great hotel, in a wonderful neighborhood. Metro is about a block and a half (turn right out of the hotel, then left on 15th Street NW and the orange line is right there). We took the Metro everywhere (couldn't be easier!) but there is a hotel shuttle that will take you within a 3 mile radius. The room was a good size, we had two queen beds, a small fridge, microwave and coffeemaker.

We loved the location - we're not big breakfast eaters, so took a right out of the hotel, first right onto 14th Street, and there is a little coffee shop/grocery store, where we could have a cup of coffee and muffin or danish for breakfast; you can eat right there. There are a lot of restaurants in the area; just take a right out of the hotel and walk a few blocks. Very safe neighborhood; super courteous staff - we arrived on an early flight (8:00 AM we were at the hotel!!) and were able to get into our room right away.

I would highly recommend this hotel, and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Ideal for the tourist.

by TripAdvisor Member GJJJ

This was our first visit to the Washington area and, as two British OAP's (seniors), we were looking for good value and the convenience of the Metro within a few yards of the hotel. We arrived from Dulles Airport via the "Washington Flyer" and the Courthouse Metro Station and found no difficulty wheeling our luggage the short distance to the hotel.

Throughout our three day stay the reception staff were very helpful providing free transport for a short local journey and a safe place to leave our luggage on our last day before an evening flight. We had an excellent large room with a kingsize bed, coffee machine with coffee (regular or decaf.), microwave and fridge. Nice bathroom too. There was an air conditioning unit which we did not need to use.

All was arranged on the web before we left the UK and it proved to be even better than expected. An excellent price was obtained booking through Expedia.

If you intend to be a tourist in Washington DC you would be lucky to find anywhere better than this at the price.

It's only OK !

It's our first time to visit Washington DC. After reading several reviews, we chose Hilton Garden Inn. When we arrived... the reception was not frindly to us. He didn't look at us and no smile on his face.... The workers are not know their working place well... they don't know that their hotel didn't prvide wirless internet service. Hence me & my husband decided to take this hotel as a room only. If you just want a clean room ... then this hotel is ok for you... but if you want more... PLS DONT COME !!!!!!!!!!!

Quiet & safe neighborhood

We had a one-night stay in the DC area and decided to stay on the outskirts of the District during the Memorial Day weekend. We chose the Hilton Garden Inn based on reviews on this site, its location, and price (less than $100 for a quiet, clean, nicely decorated room). We were really pleased. The Courthouse Plaza area was quiet and we felt safe (the police station is just around the corner!). A metro station is about a block away from the hotel. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. The parking garage is convenient and secure. Our car was welcome there the entire day, even after we checked out on Monday morning, while we took the train to the cemetery. We did not use the dining facilities at the Garden Inn. Instead we grabbed a sandwich at the deli just around the corner. The next morning, we dropped in for a freshly baked muffin. TC at the front desk was very customer-oriented and efficient. We will be back.

Great hotel, not-so-great location for sightseeing in DC

by TripAdvisor Member wintersallen

The hotel is very nice. My rooms, with a king-sized bed, had a lot of space, and there was a mini-fridge and microwave. The restaurant had a nice breakfast buffet; the bar offered free "exquisite" (their term) appetizers during the week from 5pm-7pm, but those meatballs must have been soaking in hot sauce for a while. The only downside to the hotel was the location at Courthouse Plaza on the Orange line. I know this isn't the hotel's fault, but the Orange line seemed to have major problems and major delays. It's the only Metro line I could use to get to the hotel without a lot of walking; I wish I had stayed closer to the city, or somewhere with at least another Metro line option, to minimize transfers from National Airport and any sightseeing areas.

Very Nice Hotel for Business Travel

by TripAdvisor Member vabeagle

I loved my recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in the Courthouse area of Arlington, VA. First off, it was in a great area. There are a lot of restaurants and bars that are within close walking distance, as well as placed to get coffee or bagels in the morning. Second, the hotel was extremely clean and was not overpriced for what you got. My room smelled good (what a change!) when I checked in, and the temperature was great. The bed was turned down (although not ultimately comfortable...I didn't sleep great) and the room had great amenities such as a business desk and chair. Even though lots of hotels have a desk and a chair, these were nicer and newer, which made the room overall look good. I love the way Hiltons have the swivel TV tray which lets you adjust the angle of the set to so you can see it from wherever you are in the room.

The hotel itself has a restaurant downstairs where they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I believe the room service comes from here as well. I didn't eat at the hotel, but it sure is nice to have the option of going downstairs for breakfast if you are lucky enough to have the time before work. There is a pool and fitness room as well, but I didn't have time to use them.

The only complaint I have is that check-in took SO long. The front desk staff kept answering the telephone while working with customers, which really slowed things down. I was coming in after a long night at work, so I wasn't thrilled that it took about 15 minutes to get through a very simple process.

Another bonus of this hotel--NO PARKING FEE! So many hotels like to charge, but this one has a private, underground parking lot with easy access to the elevators.

Enjoy this place...it is a nice hotel to stay in if you're on business travel. Comfy, and unpretentious.

Building nice.....service awful

by TripAdvisor Member maryk1968

My husband joined other couples for a wedding over the weekend. Other couples didn't have their reservation on Hilton's record..but had a reservation confirmation number....in the end Hilton charged them their regular rate $170 rather than the $85 wedding rate.
We were supposed to get a shuttle to the wedding.....noone there to drive us......the shuttle driver ends up telling us to take a cab because he is unloading luggage. He finally takes us, and wants to drop us way across the park from teh wedding....this after driving past the wedding site...we point it out and he keeps going.
When my husband and I needed a cab...he told us to go ahead and wait inside...he would call one.....we wait 15 minutes and finally he went outside and flagged one down.

Upon checkout we had a restaurant charge to dispute....had to wait 15 minutes to leave so they could determine it wasn't our charge.

It is great

by TripAdvisor Member gherman

We stayed there after reading the reviews on this site. It is very close to the Metro, the parking is free, there is a fridge in the room, and the staff was friendly. It is a great place to visit Washington DC from.

Convenient and clean

by TripAdvisor Member njbum

We stayed at the Hilton Garden for 1 night. The hotel is located near the Metro Stop which made it convenient. It's only a 15 minute ride to the sights in DC. This is a newer (or remodeled) hotel and is very clean. They have indoor parking and it's no extra charge. There are restuarants within walking distance or you can eat in the hotel. The only down side was no rollaways were available and the pool was closed for reconstruction.

Comments