44620 Waxpool Rd, Ashburn, VA, 20147, USA

Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, VA
Priceline.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• For a few days, maybe?

Having read many positive reviews from previous months and years, I thought our family was fortunate to have been placed at this Homewood location by our insurance relocation company for an emergency extended stay. With our family already displaced from the comfort of our home, we were very disappointed with lack of overall maintenance of this property and in the presumptuous attitude of management.

The pool was closed for a couple of days because it was "green" and smelly. A false 2 a.m.fire alarm had us all out in the parking lot in our PJs for 30 minutes, or so. A swarm of ants akin to something from a horror movie was cover a significant portion of one of the dining hall walls. An army of ants invaded my daughter's room. A variety of spiders, other bugs plagued our son's room in the other suite. Perhaps this was because we were on an outside wall on the main floor. Light bulbs were constantly out and not replaced in both of our suites (I just started replacing them with my own when notes and bulbs placed next to lamps netted nothing). Mysterious stains were found on often dingy sheets, duvets, and pillows cases...after housekeeping supposedly put fresh ones on (I just started throwing them on the floor and using my own when no one came the first time I asked for a new sheet)! Although the carpet appeared to be recently replaced in one of our suites, the carpet in the other suite was quiet "well-used" and soiled.

In addition, the window treatments fell down in 2 of the bedrooms and 1 of the living areas, and the kicker was that the manager came to inform me that he was certain that my 18, 19, and 22 year-old children had pulled the draperies down (not something my children did when they were 2, let alone at these ages) and if anything else were to happen, we would be billed! I explained that we were not even in the rooms when the 2 of the treatments fell! Furthermore, the constant vibrations from the guest above us jumping from the the furniture earlier in the week could have had something to do with it!...

Needless, to say, we asked our relocation company to relocate us the same day. Ironically, we had put my husband's mother up here a couple of years-ago and she complained that a closet door came off the track and her bedroom door knob came off in her hand when she tried to enter it. Things do happen and we didn't think it was a poor reflection on the hotel, but now I feel differently. While I did appreciate the courtesy of the desk staff and the wonderful breakfast/dinner servers, management and housekeeping/maintenance staff are seriously lacking.

Unique Quality: Breakfast and dinner (M-Th) included.

Directions: North of Dulles International Airport