22390 Flagstaff Plaza, Ashburn, Virginia, 20148, United States

Satisfaction Average

More about aloft Dulles Airport Hotel

Impressive

by TripAdvisor Member vanagm

We just completed a 3 night stay at the Aloft hotel. The hotel has a funky vibe and is very colourful! I have to say with being on the road with my family some 30+ nights a year, I was very impressed with this hotel. Check in was very fast and friendly. When we came upstairs and my son opened the door...we walked in with amazement to our room. The room was spotless. The bathroom was nice with a tall shower. The complimentary wireless internet connection was fast. The “Splash” swimming pool was wonderful and kids had a blast.
Staff, especially Ryan, were all friendly, and professional.
In short we were pleased with our choice.

Overall a very nice hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member banjo60

Just returned from a one night stay at this very new Aloft hotel. I had read alot on TripAdvisor about the hotel and the reviews seemed all positive. I would say all the reviews I read were pretty spot on but I'll add my experiences in with them all.

The hotel was very easily located right off the Dulles Greenway at Exit 7. There is an "On The Go" convenience store within walking distance of the hotel and a Hilton Garden Inn that almost shares the parking lot with the hotel. Other than that there isn't a whole lot in the general area. There is a small shopping center with a Harris Teeter, McDonald's, and a Taco Bell within 5 minutes. The roads are all so new in the area that my GPS had a difficult time navigating to it so you may have a bit of trouble locating it and might want to ask the front desk for specific directions if you're interested.

Upon entering the hotel we were greeted by Mo at the front desk who was quite possibly the most personable front desk clerk I've ever encountered. He greeted me with an "Aloha" and made me feel right at home. There was a bar in the lobby, along with a couple pool tables, and a "re:fuel" section where you could purchase snacks and drinks (no free breakfast) After being in the room for about 15 minutes he even called to make sure everything was up to my standards which it was. We went out a few hours later and when we came back he had remembered my name and asked how everything was going. Upon entering the room I was quite impressed by how different it was. As soon as I walked in the bathroom was directly to the right. The shower was quite possibly the nicest shower I've ever seen in a regular hotel. It had beautiful glass doors, and plenty of space. Also a nice touch was instead of leaving the small little bottles of shampoo, they had an entire bottle attached to the wall so all you had to do was press a button and get some shampoo. The only thing I didn't like about the bathroom was the glass door that separated the shower/toilet from the sink and the rest of the room. It's hard to explain how the setup is, but you pull this glass door across the walkway to give you privacy but unless you held onto the door the entire way across it would bang into the side of the wall and also there was a rather large gap that the back of the door didn't cover when pulled across. Again a minor complaint.

By far my favorite part of the room was the 42" HDTV. It was amazing. We were able to get only about 35 channels which about half were in HD. More channels would've been nicer but the HD and big TV more than made up for it. The room had two very nice large windows. The desk was placed right in front of one of them which was a nice touch. We had a room in the back of the hotel which if you have a choice I would pick the back. There was a small wooded area behind the hotel and I was able to watch 3 deer eating grass for about 10 minutes right near the parking lot which was something unexpected. The bed I would classify as just OK. Wasn't the softest bed I've had in a hotel but by no means was it hard. Right below the TV on the wall was a small sitting area. I don't have many complaints about the room but I would think the major one for me was the walls seemed to be rather thin. It seemed anybody in the surrounding rooms we were able to hear. At about 2am I was awoken to around 4 people in the room beside me talking loud and I'm assuming were drunk. I listened to them for about 15 minutes not being able to fall back asleep but then I turned on the AC which was able to totally drown out them talking and was able to fall back asleep. Then in the morning I was able to hear the people beside me clear as day putting their window blind up. There was also a barking dog that I could hear for sometimes an hour at a time. Luckily the person with the dog wasn't staying directly beside us. Again for some people this is a minor complaint but for me it might be enough to not come back again.

So to summarize I would say for the value I paid (around $59 a night prepaid) I got my money's worth and then some. I think most travelers will be very happy with staying here. I may or may not stay here again....I may be old fashioned but I still prefer your typical hotel instead of this modern hotel.

Beautiful Hotel, Amazing Staff, Great Service!!

by TripAdvisor Member Sheashea1030

I stayed at the hotel for just one night, but what a great night it was! I was flying out for a business trip from Dulles in the early AM, and as I live an hour away in Maryland I decided to check into the hotel as a "stopover" so I wouldn't miss my flight! I had heard about it from a lot of people and thought it was a great opportunity to check it out.

Upon entering the hotel I was greeted by a very hospitable front desk agent. He checked me in quickly and showed me the way to my room. I realized that this was ont of the aloft's "Diva DJ nights". So I dropped my bags off in the room and decided to grab a drink at the beautiful bar! The music, people, and food was were amazing! Service was quick, and I was hungry! :) There were also some uinque snacks at the bar, that definitely created conversation with other bar-goers! ! I can't tell you what they are though, you'll have to check them out yourself! Very addicting though!

I stayed throughout the night listening to Deejay Neekola and watching the Vegas style Shadow Dancer and watched people enjoying playing some pool and Connect Four!! Was even able to meet with the General Manager and Sales Manager who were very hospitable and welcoming!

Upon returning to my spacious room, I had no issues. Everything in the room was great and suited my needs. The bed is huge, the bathroom is great and the tv is AMAZING!

All I can say is that this hotel is definitely one of the BEST out there and I would definitely stay here again and recommend to all of my friends and colleagues as well.

I left My Airport ID in the room and it was driven to the Airport for me!!!

by TripAdvisor Member kane3192

Esteban,
I can’t tell you how much I appreciated your quick response to my problem on the 7th of March ’09. Leaving an Airline ID in a hotel room causes all kinds of problems. These range from the obvious, having trouble with airport security and getting to work, to the not so obvious security issue of the badge falling into the wrong hands. Each airline is allotted a 5% lost rate, above which the whole airline has to be rebadged by the TSA. This involves a lot of time, manpower, and money to perform; and is frowned upon by the Federal Government as a waste of resources. Due to your quick response in finding the badge and making arrangements for a fellow worker to drive it out to Dulles Airport, I was not late for work, the flight I was working left on time, and we didn’t add to United Airline’s “Lost Rate” with the TSA. Job well done. Please pass a copy of this on to your Supervisors with my heartfelt thanks. I have also sent a copy to the “Info” email address in the hope that it comes across a supervisor’s desk. Thanks again.

John P Kane
Flight Officer
767 Fleet
United Airlines

Fantastic new hotel, very funky and staff couldn't be more helpful

by TripAdvisor Member GossipBoy

This was the first time I'd stayed at an Aloft and I was looking forward to trying out this new concept of hotel - a stylish and funky motel style hotel. And I wasn't disappointed, the lobby really combines reception, the bar, the breakfast area and the lounge, all very well designed and thoughtout space. Off that area is the small indoor pool and gym which although small is well equipped and a very welcome when you're away from home and want to keep up with your workouts.

The bedroom itself was very roomy and like the lobby area, stylish and well thoughtout, which is probably why it seemed spacious as there wasn't any wasted space. The bathroom was probably the best feature with a large shower and funky sink along with Bliss amenities which smelt great. The bed was very comfy with a large white duvet and the massive HD flat TV with many HD channels kept me amused. Free wifi that actually worked (I was recently at a W property in New York and the wifi was $16 a day and kept cutting out) was a great addition too.

I think it was the staff that made this property so great in my opinion, they were helpful and courteous, the manager even drove to pick me up from the airport when I called to say I was back from my sightseeing day in DC, certainly not the kind of service you expect from a budget hotel, or a high-end one for that matter. I would say though that it's best to pre-book the shuttle service both for your arrival at IAD or when checking out, that way you know they're going to pick you up - the hotel is a good 10 mins drive away and a taxi cost me $20 when I arrived so make the most of the free shuttle.

This is a great hotel so if you're in the IAD area over night then give it a try and if like me you're an SPG member you'll get your points too as an added bonus (but note that Gold Platinum members won't be upgraded as the rooms are all one standard).

Love this Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member schottzie

My son (15 yrs old) and I loved this hotel. When we walked in we were greeted with ALOHA!! The staff was friendly and polite. We were checked in quickly and explained the amenities of the hotel. We enjoyed the modern feel of the hotel as well as the running news ticker in the lobby. The room was very cleaning and nicely decorated. My son just kept repeating "this is so cool". The pool was nice and the gym was well equipped. At night they open the bar and people were hanging out. We plan to stay at Aloft Hotels where ever we go. We love to travel and this is now our hotel of choice.

Great place to layover at Dulles

by TripAdvisor Member Suebee2

We were pleasantly surprised by the "South Beach" feel of this hotel - particularly given its location. It is definitely a welcome change from the usual airport hotels. The staff was great - friendly and attentive. Since we had such a long layover, they even shuttled us up to the Air and Space Museum to kill some time (btw, check it out if you get a chance). The bed was incredibly comfortable and the room very functional. We will definitely return to this hotel the next time that we have a layover at Dulles.

Awesome Place to stay or lounge.....xwyz bar is excellent

by TripAdvisor Member DANNYBOY1013

This is a very hip and modern hotel. Very clean. Staff attends to your needs with urgency and friendliness. I stayed here when i was transitioning to my new home in the area. I would lounge here even if i wasnt staying. The rooms are absolutely wonderful and cute. Great for business or pleasure.

Great bar and lounge area

by TripAdvisor Member momo_giancana

New hotel. opened in December 08. I've stayed here seven times. It's right on the edge of excellent, and will be a definite excellent as soon as they iron out a few kinks with the various minor details (TV issues, billing, etc). The bar area, however, is excellent by any standard. The bartenders are great, they have an interesting selection of wines, and a generally great atmosphere. It would be worth a stop even if you were not a hotel guest. It's not the usual bland hotel experience at all.

Swanky, convenient, and eco friendly

by TripAdvisor Member MsLadd

This hotel was AWESOME. It has prefered parking for green cars. It has a dog treat and water bowl right at the front door. A pool table and awesome bar for socializing with other guests or friends. The staff was very friendly and accomadating. Once I was checked in I entered the elevator to my room and I was enamoured by the cool gel floor that moves under your feet.
Once I got to my room the contemporary decorations and perks kept me smiling. Nice big LCD TV with a list of movies to order that were still in theaters, a hookup for your ipod to personalize the in room ambiance, it was very roomy and the bed was amazingly comfortable.
My only problem was a leaky faucet, which I reported. The helpful front desk attendant comp'd my first movie and breakfast. To add to the hotels cool features there was a nice gym and an indoor pool and it was very close to the airport. I loved it.

is this Fridge Society worthy?is this Fridge Society worthy?

Bedroom (this room I had 2 beds)Bedroom (this room I had 2 beds)

Embassy SuitsEmbassy Suits

The Chevvy we rentedThe Chevvy we rented

What do you do for fun in Ashburn

by skywalkerbeth

do you go into DC, do you hang out at home, do you hang out in Ashburn with friends, what do you do?

RE: What do you do for fun in Ashburn

by zanzooni

Well, as your a NVA girl, and I'm a NVA girl, you know as well as I do, there ain't much to do out in Ashburn, unless ya want to go visit the Redskin's training camp. I don't live in Spotsi anymore, but in Burke and have lived in this neck of the weeds for 20 years. BTW...there's a big VT meet in Baltimore in September. You should come and hang out in the misc. forums...that is where all the action is, and where you will meet many infamous VT'rs, such as myself and BradBrown, and many others. Welcome to VT....~

Comments