Days Inn University Area

Rank 14 of 37 hotels
in Charlottesville
Poor (1.5 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

Don't stay here!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 3, 2009

I was awakened in my room to the sound of hammering and plaster falling off of the wall in the room next to mine at 8:15 in the morning! When I called the front desk, I was informed that the best they could do was to ask the contractors to wait one hour before working on that room again. According to the manager, the motel is under renovation, and the Days Inn has no way of predicting which rooms will be worked on each day. I guess the "Do Not Disturb" sign was made available to me as a joke.

There were no sheets on the bed in the room to which I was initially sent upon checking in. That should have been my first hint. The art in the next room was off of the walls and leaning on the dresser, and the bathroom was dirty, but I was exhausted from visiting a relative in the hospital all week, so I wasn't too worried about that. Obviously, I should have checked out immediately and gone to the motel across the street. Lesson learned.

Hopkid's Profile Photo

Tired but Adequate

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 26, 2006

This Days Inn has certainly seen better days. Many rooms open to the outside rather than indoor hallways. The room we stayed in seriously was in need of some updating as the carpet had stains and snags, light fixtures didn't work, and as as result the room had a dark feel. No continental breakfast is offered. The hotel does have a Red Lobster co-located on the grounds, however it isn't open for breakfast.

If all you want is a roof over your head and a functional bathroom, you could probably do worse. Personally I don't think it's worth what they charge.

Directions: At the intersection of VA Highway 29 and U.S. 250 Bypass

Nearby Days Inn University Area

Days Inn University Area

• Days Inn Charlottesville / University Area Hotel Charlottesville

Address: 1600 Emmet Street, US 29 North & US 250, Charlottesville, Virginia, 22901, United States

1 Photo of Days Inn University Area

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Charlottesville Travel Forum

Need advice about Charlottesville, Virginia? Visit the Travel Forum for Charlottesville and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Charlottesville hotel reviews