Foxfield Inn

2280 Garth Road, Charlottesville, Virginia, 22901, United States

More about Foxfield Inn

Pastoral Pampering Plus+++

The Foxfield Inn is definitely a 'destination' for any traveler to the Charlottesville area. The operative word here is 'Gracious'. The inn is set on a hill in the middle of horse country, yet minutes from Rte 29 and downtown Charlotesville. It's only a few minutes to Monticello and the other historic homes.
The public rooms are as inviting as the guestrooms, with piano, fireplace, etc. The feeling of peace and welcome is cultivated by Mary Pat and John, who seem to have anticipated every need of a vacationer. Most importantly, they are hosts who go out of their way to give each guest or couple a little extra pampering, while allowing them their privacy. --RA

Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member darby10

My husband and I read all of the fabulous reviews for the Foxfield Inn before booking our trip and I have to say that every single one of the reviews was absolutely right. The rooms at the Foxfield are just lovely and the jacuzzi tubs are fantastic - I'm thinking about putting one in in my own home now. The Breakfasts were delicious, especially the French Toast. But what really sets this B&B apart are the innkeepers. John and Mary Pat could not have been more gracious in welcoming us into their home. Their attention to detail is astounding and they are two of the nicest people I have ever met. Mary Pat helped us make dinner reservations at the Ivy Inn which was exceptional. She went above and beyond by having the Inn fax us the menu for that day which helped us make that decision. When I told her that we were opening a bottle of champagne she appeared with a champagne bucket and two of her crystal champagne glasses. It's clear that Mary Pat and John really enjoy what they do and it shines through. We will definitely be back and will recommend the Foxfield to all of our friends.

Immaculate Bed & Breakfast

If you are looking for spotlessly clean, beautiful Williamsburg style, scrumptious breakfasts and sincere friendly host and hostess........then
the FoxField Inn is a "must" destination. Mary and John have thought of EVERYTHING from homemade cookies, coffee, tea, refrigerated bottle water available 24 hours in the hallway refreshment cove to an outdoor hot tub. The FoxField Inn is unquestionably FIVE STAR!

Elegance with Warmth and Charm

It was all that it was advertised to be -- and more. Every detail of the Inn was first class; it was elegance with warmth and charm. Our room was spacious yet the furnishings and fireplace made it cozy. Each breakfast rated an "A" for appeal to the eye as well as the palate. Mary Pat and John are gifted hosts -- friendly, hospitable and helpful. All their recommendations for area dining were terrific. We had a delightful 3 day stay, and honestly cannot imagine how it could have been better.

Do Not Overlook this Gem!!!!!!

Who could ask for anything more.....rustic charm, Blue Ridge Mountain view, Virginia horse country, proximity to historical landmarks?.... Somebody stop me!!! Mary Pat and John were excellent hosts. They were extremely hospitable. They were very knowledgable of the Charlottesville area and it's amenities. And they were attentive our every need. Each room presented a unique theme. They were clean and presented a very cozy charm which took this travelers mind off the rigors of the daily grind of the real world...even if was for just one weekend. The Inn's physical location is to be envied. It is located on an elevated, spaciously wooded lot located near the famous Foxfield horse grounds. But what is a B&B without the food? Let me just say this. If you are on a diet let me suggest breaking it for a weekend. One taste of Mary Pat's scone muffins and you will understand what I mean.

A Perfect Piece of Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member momini

John and Mary Pat have thought of everything at the Foxfield Inn. The Rose Room we stayed in was lovely: the remote control fireplace was a huge hit and observing the finches at the feeder outside our window provided delightful entertainment. The breakfasts were delicious; we enjoyed sharing stories with the other guests and our hosts as well. We were welcomed back every evening with our bed turned down just so, and fresh baked cookies at our disposal. We will stay here again, should our travels bring us to Charlottesville!

A quiet Place

I decided to take my wife away for a suprise weekend getaway. She had no idea where we were going, in in large measure neither did I. After looking over the internet offerings I settled on the Foxfield Inn. The pictures on the net were inviting and the vacencies work out with my schedule.

When we arrived we were greeted by John and Mary Pat who treated us as though we were family. The brief orientation tour let me know that I had made the best choice possible. Our hosts were plesant, the Inn spotless, and the room superb.

From a wonderful breakfast in the morning to the steaming hot tub in the evening every turn brought motr delights. Anyone who desires a truly restful and romantic get away will not be disappointed. This is beyond five star!

A special place

The Foxfield Inn is a special place to relax and unwind. We have stayed there twice and each time has been delightful and relaxing and welcoming. It is wonderful to look forward to a safe, inviting and clean, friendly "home" at the end of a long drive. We stayed 4 nights while visiting family in the area. The hosts are gracious and knowledgable and kind. We have enjoyed lovely converstaions with them and with their other guests. Always relaxed whether we are the only ones there eating on the sunporch or in the dining room with fellow travelers.

wonderful little get-away

A visit to Foxfield Inn is a must if you are in the Charottesville, VA area. This charming, small B & B is located in rural horse country, but near many historic tourist attractions. Mary Pat and John are warm, friendly people who make you feel welcome immediately. They are wonderful innkeepers, able to accomodate your needs without being intrusive. The rooms, while small, have all the amenities - fireplaces, 2 person jacuzzi tubs, large bathrooms, comfy 4 poster beds, white terry bathrobes. The inn is immaculate and tastefully decorated. Breakfast was unique and delicious. What a great little retreat!

Beautiful, Peaceful setting

There wasn't anthing Mary Pat and John forgot. We were pampered with wine, cookies, excellent homemade breakfasts, great conversation and of course the HOT TUB!

Comments