1500 Crossways Blvd, Chesapeake, VA, 23320

Residence Inn Chesapeake Greenbrier
Priceline.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

• aseasonedtraveler's Profile Photo

if you have standards stay elsewhere

This is a motel six with the marriott logo. Trash in the hallways ...guests cooking with onions....room smelling like dirty mops after being cleaned.....beds not clean......ghetto ridiculous.....I will never again stay here

Travel Tips for Chesapeake

Life in Chesapeake

by Kara01

"Suburbia"

If you want to visit a truly American suburb, Chesapeake is the place. Chesapeake is one of the many cities that make up what is known as Hampton Roads. This is a transient area because it is well populated by the different branches of the military. The families come and go. This makes it difficult growing up and meeting young friends because after three years they get whisked away to another area. My family is in the education business so we have been here our whole lives. My mother was an English teacher and my dad was a guidance councelor. I have not traveled as much as I would like to but I'm working on it. In college I did get around to various party cities in the US. I will include pictures and discriptions of these places for personal nostalgia and reader's interest. Before I do that a few words about Chesapeake, VA. Virginia is the perfect state for me because you get everything. In a days trip you can be on top of a mountain or at the beach. The climate does not get too cold for too long nor does it get too hot for too long. If it does snow, travelers do beware... we drive terrible in the snow. The Hampton Roads area does not wish to spend money on the various equipment that most cities up north use to clear up the roads in a speedy fashion. You will find the main highways and interstates bearable but again I caution you that we do not do well in the snowy weather.
Most people who do travel to the east coast of Virginia are here to visit Virginia Beach which can be reached thirty minutes from my doorstep. In Va Beach you will find the standard tourist beach shops and eateries. This means you can be sure to find a fudge shop, a shop selling neon tshirts, and various saltwater taffy shops along the beach. With the oceana military base close by you will enjoy the company of the fine men and woman who protect our country at the various bars, clubs,and pubs. There are plenty of places to have a Budweiser or "kick up some sand".

Comments