Sanderling House

137 Hamble Lane, Deltaville, Virginia, 23043-2101, United States

More about Deltaville

Pound nets in Smith CreekPound nets in Smith Creek

After the enclosure and bimini have been taken offAfter the enclosure and bimini have been taken off

Windmill Point spider and fishing boatsWindmill Point spider and fishing boats

Crab pot boat at dawn in the RappahannockCrab pot boat at dawn in the Rappahannock

Travel Tips for Deltaville

Between the Piankatank and the Rappahannock

by grandmaR

Deltaville is at the end of a long peninsula which ends at Stingray Point. Someone told me that they saw a flotilla of rays swimming along near the surface, so Stingray Point is appropriately named. Sadly, I have not seen this myself.

Deltaville is in a perfect position for boaters to get to the Chesapeake to sail or fish or engage in other water sports. There are marinas on both rivers. It has been known as the boat building capital of the Chesapeake. Our friends met us at the boat and took us to the West Marine store and we looked around the boatyards. Then we went to dinner in Gloucester.

152.6 MM on the Chesapeake - Broad Creek Marinas

by grandmaR

On our trip down to Deltaville to see our friends in August 2000, we went into Broad Creek off the Rappahannock. The entrance was a little tricky and they talked us into it on the radio. We first went to the pumpout dock near the travel lift slip to have a pumpout. Getting to the pump out dock, we were as good as aground, and the rudder wouldn't move because it was stuck in the mud. We bought tokens from the store and DIY. They only had gasoline fuel at that time. They let me use the office computer to look at email.

They were going to put us across the way at their new Regatta Point marina, but we were so stuck, that they just put us on the other side of the gas dock - they could almost walk us over there. At present, there are a large number of marinas in Broad Creek, but the marina we stayed in is no longer part of Doziers. The new marina has a pool and a courtesy car available

G = Gasoline for sale E = Electric hook-ups P = Pump-out station S = Showers L = Laundromat R = Restaurant

Broad Creek/Deltaville Marinas G E P S L R
Chesapeake Cove Marina. Broad Creek. (804-776-6855) Y Y Y Y Y Y
Deltaville Yachting Center. Broad Creek. (804-776-9898) Y Y Y Y NN
J&M Marina. Broad Creek. NY Y YNN
Norton's Yacht Sales. Broad Creek. (804-776-9211) Y Y Y Y NN
Stingray Harbor Marina. Broad Creek. (804-776-7272) N Y Y Y NN

152.6 MM Waldens Brothers Marina in Broad Creek

by grandmaR

My information said that this marina had 63 slips (no transient slips) which have water and electric. They have fuel, repair facilities, a ramp and pump out is available for a fee of $5. The operating schedule is 12 months/year 5 days/week from 8am-5pm

On Fri Jul 29, 2005 18:00 EDT aneshkah wrote:
Waldens Marina has always welcomed transients with several transient slips available. There is also a large ship store, gas & diesel, pumpout, travelift and rail for haulout, & dry storage.

Jackson Creek Anchorage

by grandmaR

As we came into the Piankatank, we heard several other boats on the VHF radio who apparently were coming in to anchor in Jackson Creek. One of them told the other that Skipper Bob's book had several possible anchorages in it. Pay attention to the charts and put all the markers in order on the correct side of the boat, otherwise the shoal that comes out from the point will get you.

Town Docks

by grandmaR

This is a dock in Jackson Creek which I thought was another marina. But looking at the chart I see that there isn't any other marina over there that I could have seen.

I'll have to look up the town docks to see what the parameters of using them are.

Comments