ESA Washington DC-Fairfax

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks Mall
Ext. Stay America Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Fairfax

Coach StoreCoach Store

Enjoying my mealEnjoying my meal

TRAFFIC, WASHINGTON METROPOLITAN AREATRAFFIC, WASHINGTON METROPOLITAN AREA

WASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTWASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

Travel Tips for Fairfax

Visit Mt Vernon. Home of...

by hold4th

Visit Mt Vernon. Home of George Washington 1st president of the United States.

Visit Arlington National Cemetary. Dedicated to
military veterns. You will be able to see the
grave of President Kennedy and his wife and you can
also tour the home of Civil war general Robert E. Lee and witness the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. Also located next to Arlington National cemetary is the Iowa Jima memorial. The day I moved here to newly built home.
The traffic. In the year 2000 was rated 2nd worst
area for traffic in the United States. Slipping to
4th (just barely) in 2001.

Pope Leighey-Frank Lloyd Wright House

by seagoingJLW

This house, completed in 1942, was designed for an average income family. Its original site was in Falls Church, but it was moved to the grounds of the Woodlawn Plantation. This example of Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture is located at 9000 Richmond Highway in Alexandria (not the city.) Phone: 703-780-4000

Colvin Run Mill

by seagoingJLW

Open to the public since 1972, this historic grist mill has four buildings. Guided tours of the mill and the miller's house are offered daily except Tuesday. Colvin Run Mill is located at 10017 Colvin Run Road, Great Falls. Phone: 703-759-2771

University Commons

by b1bob

I lived in Dickenson Hall my freshman year and Essex Hall (perpendicular to Dickenson) my sophomore year. I liked this area for its proximity to the dining hall and classes. The first year was right much fun. It helped that I made good grades, particularly the first semester. I had a good room mate and good neighbours. However, my room mate's friends were not as considerate as he was when they came to visit. My room mate didn't want to tell them to go even when they lingered past 3 a.m. (when we had an 8.30 class). That was the only reason I moved to Essex Hall. I had a good room mate and he had a better class of friends, but many of my neighbours weren't anything to write home about.

Packing for a Weekend Away

by cjg1

Most of our trips to the area are weekend road trips so a small rollaboard or overnight bad will suffice. We pack according the season and weather forecasts. DC in the winter can be frigid so plenty of warm clothing and layers are a must. In the summer months the area can be stifling hot and very humid so light, breathable clothes are best. Comfortable walking shoes are always a must. We always pack umbrellas; just in case of rain. Shampoo, Hair gel, Razor, shaving cream, contacts, glasses, deodorant, toothpaste, aspirin, cologne, brush and body wash. Digital camera, charger, memory card reader and video camera Laptop

Comments