Hyatt Fair Lakes

12777 Fair Lakes Cir, Fairfax, VA 22033

Hyatt FairFax at Fair Lakes
Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Hyatt Fair Lakes

I never stayed in a hotel in...

by asturnut

I never stayed in a hotel in Fairfax, I crashed in GMU's dorms, but here's what is available in Fairfax:

Candlewood Suites: 1-800-228-2800

Hyatt Fair Lakes: 1-800-233-1234

Residence Inn by Marriott Fair Lakes: 1-800-331-3131

Sierra Suites: 1-800-4 SIERRA

My Asian Caramel ChickenMy Asian Caramel Chicken

Lots of history here!Lots of history here!

RUSH HOURS TRAFFICRUSH HOURS TRAFFIC

NAT (b1b0b) IN FAIR OAKS MALL, FAIRFAX COUNTYNAT (b1b0b) IN FAIR OAKS MALL, FAIRFAX COUNTY

Relocation Recommendations

by drenkey

My husband, son, and I are planning to relocate to Northern VA within the next year (it's currently August 2004). We've heard good things about Fairfax County and would like any suggestions you have on the best schools, etc. in the area. Also, are there any towns/neighborhoods you prefer? Any suggestions you can provide would be great! Thanks!

by seagoingJLW

Fairfax County is very large. You would need to study the street maps to see how close you can relocate to your job site. Commuting is very bad here.

The Fairfax County schools are mostly excellent with a few exceptions. Good neighborhoods to live in would be Reston, Vienna, McLean, Annandale, Fairfax City and Falls Church.

You need to lok around yourself.

Joan

Re: Re: Relocation Recommendations

by drenkey

Thank you very much for the suggestions! We'll definitely take your advice.

by delcity

check find your spot and see if you can limit the search to a certain state or states. ( www.findyourspot.com )

by yaya15923

Hi there. I have lived in Northern Virginia for about five years and aside from the awful traffic, it's a nice place to live. My husband and I live in Sterling which is located in Loudoun County, but it's not that far west from the Fairfax County line. West of Sterling is Ashburn which is relatively new and once the trees mature I am sure the area will develop a bit more character. This is why I like Fairfax County, it's older, the homes are not made with a cookie cutter, well for the most part. It definitely has more personality.
I do not have children but friends who do, say wonderful things about the Loudoun County school district, so you may want to check into this area as well. Also, real estate, although expensive, is cheaper than Fairfax. Not sure where you plan to work, but just to give you an idea, I work in Arlington, right outside of DC, and it takes me about 45 minutes (on a good day) to get there. Hope this helped a bit. If you have any other questions please feel free to email me. I'll try my best to answer them.

by Vajenny

Hi!
I live in Clifton inside Fairfax County.
I have two children and the schools in the county are great.
I work in DC and it takes about an hour driving part of the way and taking the subway.
If you or your husband are going to work in DC, I do not recommend Loundoun County.

If you are choosing Loudoun County, I recommend South Riding over Ashburn. These two communities have done very well in terms of property value going up, but I think South Riding has done better.

I highly recommend trying to stay inside Fairfax County. There are some great neighborhoods.

I love where I live because I am about ten minutes from everything I need, school, Costco, shopping mall, grocery stores, movies, Home Depot, you name it, it is about ten minutes from me.
The prices of the homes are not as bad as some other areas like Reston, Vienna and Herndon.

Good luck.

Re: Re: Relocation Recommendations

by soccergrrl

I've lived in N. VA for more than 30 years, so I'm happy to answer any questions you may have -- here in the forums or via email. Currently I live in Fairfax, very close to vajenny from the sound of it. I work in DC and take a bus then Metro to get here -- usually takes about 75 minutes altogether. I don't mind it because I can sleep, read, etc. on the train. Plus, I'm used to it. I didn't look to see if your page tells where you are moving from, but housing prices around here can be quite a shock for most people. The further from downtown DC you go, the more house you can buy for your money -- roughly speaking. We moved to our house a year and a half ago, and pay pretty close attention to housing prices, etc. Send me an email if you like and I'll speak frankly about costs we encountered. I'll also highly recommend the agent we worked with if you like; she grew up around this area, too and has kids in the schools here. Good luck -- this really is a great area!

Travel Tips for Fairfax

George Mason's Gunston Hall

by seagoingJLW

George Mason was the father of the Bill Of Rights.
He also wrote the Virginia Constitution and the Virginia Declaration of Rights. The latter was the basis for the Bill of Rights. Gunston Hall was his home.

Gunston Hall was constructed from 1755 to 1760. The architecture is Georgian. Gunston Hall is located at 10709 Gunston Road, Mason Neck, VA.

Phone: 703-550-9220

Statue of George Mason

by b1bob

George Mason (for whom the university was named) was one of the lesser-known founding fathers of the United States of America. His "Fairfax Resolves" outlined the colonists' constitutional objections to the Boston Port Act. His Declarations of Rights were a prelude to the first part of the Declaration of Independence and was the basis of the federal Constitution's Bill of Rights. One reason why George Mason is lesser known is that while he attended and spoke frequently at the 1787 Constitutional convention, he never signed it because it did not contain the Bill of Rights straightaway and he feared the House of Representatives was not truly representative, the Senate and judiciary too powerful, and that the government would either become a monarchy or ruled by a corrupt aristocracy. In many ways, some would say Mason was spot on.

Fenwick Library

by b1bob

Some folks might say I didn't spend enough time here. I went in there, checked out what I needed, photocopied from the reference books, and went back to my dorm where I could have some kind of background noise. The quiet was deafening. On the left wing is the entrance hall and the newspaper and magazine section. The tower on the right is the reference section (1st floor), undergraduate stacks (2-4), and on the 5th floor is the history and religion department offices and the graduate stacks.

Aquatic Centre

by b1bob

Since I graduated, they added a state of the art fitness and aquatic centre. Before this, the swimming pool used to be in the Field House on the other side of the campus from either University Commons or President's Park.

Comments