Fredericksburg Hotels

• doug48 profile photo doug48
  • Reviews: 5204

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

marriott courtyard: excellent location

the fredericksburg marriott courtyard inn is a great place to stay in downtown fredericksburg. the marriott courtyard is located on caroline street in the heart of the historic district. many of the historic attractions of fredericksburg are a short walk from the hotel. also nearby is the fredericksburg visitor center and numerous restaurants and bars. great location for both the tourist and business traveler. at the marriott courtyard you can expect all the amenities of this moderately priced chain.

• Related to: Architecture, Business Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written June 2, 2011

marriott courtyard

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3120

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

INN AT THE OLDE SILK MILL: 30 ANTIQUE GUEST ROOMS

Saturday October 23, 2010
Hans and I stayed at the INN AT THE OLDE SILK MILL our last night in Fredericksburg as we wanted to be with our VT friends and be able to have breakfast with them Sunday morning.
Located in Historic Downtown Fredericksburg, the INN which is a Bed & Breakfast, offers 30 Antique Guest Rooms - Single - Parlor - Family - Royal Suites. Hans and I absolutely loved our room. The floors creaked, the bed creaked, but it all added to its charm. The furniture in our room was awesome, so be sure to look at my extra pics.
Our hosts Ed and Anna were wonderful and made sure we were all happy and enjoying our stay at their Inn. Ed was so proud to show us some really old photos of the Inn. Thanks Ed and Anna - you're the best.

As many VT members stayed at the Inn, we were offered the Wakefield Conference Room for our Thursday "Meet & Greet". It was a wonderful room where we could all get together in a cozy and private room.

Cable TV
Refrigerator
Blow Dryers in all rooms
Free High Speed Wireless Access
Complimentary Continental Breakfast consisting of:
coffee - tea - orange juice
hot and cold cereal
bagels and cream cheese
Sunday morning we had pancakes
Fresh fruit - apples - bananas - plums
Totally awesome breakfast!

• Written November 5, 2010

Inn at the Ole Silk Mill

• iaint profile photo iaint
  • Reviews: 1414

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Inn at The Olde Silk Mill: Charming

This is a lovely place to stay. I had 4 nights there, so I had plenty time to reach a conclusion.

Located on the northern edge of the historic downtown, it is walking distance into the town centre itself.

The interior is all in the “colonial” style, and it is a historic building in its own right.
I had a single room, but it had a double bed as well as TV and (empty) fridge. Breakfast (continental style) was included.

A constant supply of coffee, tea and biscuits is available in the parlor.

Quiet, comfortable, welcoming and relaxing.

The 4 nights cost me $395.60, but I know our group got a deal on the rates because we took a lot of rooms for 2/3/4 nights, so don't expect to necessarily get that rate.

Highly recommended.

The atmosphere and the friendly staff.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Road Trip, Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written October 29, 2010

the exterior

• mtncorg profile photo mtncorg
  • Reviews: 3290

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

RICHARD JOHNSTON INN: Step Back into time

You can stay a lot cheaper - and let me say the Richard Johnston is not that expensive! - out by I 95. You give up extraordinary ambiance, however, not only from the wonderful restored downtown section fo Fredericksburg - you can walk to most of the tips in town that I have presented - but from the colonial-civil war atmosphere that the Inn is steeped in. Bonnie De Lelys is your most gracious hostess, with her two small schnauzers. Breakfasts are lush and it is such a great environment that makes it easy to slip back in time, something that Fredericksburg encourages.

• Related to: Architecture, Historical Travel, Food and Dining