Ramada Spotsylvania Towne Center

2802 Plank Rd, Interstate Highway 95 Exit 130-B, Fredericksburg, Virginia, 22401, United States

More about Fredericksburg

My VA Isa - BelsaitaMy VA Isa - Belsaita

Historic downtown DistrictHistoric downtown District

Wine LabelWine Label

Fredericksburg Area Museum & Cultural CenterFredericksburg Area Museum & Cultural Center

Travel Tips for Fredericksburg

Fredericksburg in Winter

by chewy3326

Winters in Fredericksburg aren't as cold as many other places, with temperatures generally hovering in the 30s and 40s from late November to early March. Generally, the town will also get between 4-8 inches of snow annually. Fredericksburg is often at its most beautiful right after a snowstorm, though driving is treacherous.

Check out the Weekender guide...

by OnMyOwnPath

Check out the Weekender guide in the Free Lance-Star newspaper published every Thursday morning which has articles about things going on in Fredericksburg and the region. A helpful calendar in the center of the tab section lists what's going on and when--local concerts, lectures, book signings and other events of note. It also lists events in the back of the section going on in the region, from Richmond to the south to Washington, D.C. to the north. It also has a map of the downtown which lists the historical sites of the 'Burg.

To find out more about Fredericksburg, go to the Simply Fredericksburg website.

An indie tabloid, Front Porch, is also a very good read and has a lot of insight by locals into the Fredericksburg region.

Pit Cooked Bar-B-Q

by zanzooni about Allman's-Since 1954

Allman's has been around since 1954. I have driven by this place hundreds of times, and finally decided to stop as I really wanted some good old southern BBQ. They have a walk up window which I needed as I had my grandson sleeping in the car. I peered inside, and it was a walk down memory lane, as they have original chrome spinning bar stools, ceiling fans, and neon signs. I bought the BBQ platter of pulled pork with 2 sides. They give you a choice of either shredded or minced pork, and I opted for shredded. I have to tell you: I LOVE BBQ. It's my favorite, along with grilled food. I am on a constant search for the best of the best. I was a tad disappointed here. The pork was on the dry side, not moist and succulent. The BBQ sauce is served on the side, as it should be. It was an interesting sauce. Not a red sauce, but the guy who took my order said it was a combination of the white vinegar sauce you see from N.Carolina, with a mix of red sauce ingredients. I think what surprised me was how gloppy it was. And cold. It tasted of a sweet spice, such as corriander, which I do like, and raisins. It did have a vinegar tang. I have a mixed viewpoint of this sauce, and the pork. Next time, I will try the minced pork and I want to go back and try the ribs. My sides were coleslaw, as you have to have that with your BBQ, and I first ordered the French Fries, but they were to greasy and over done for me. I traded them in for the baked beans. The slaw was pretty decent, sweet as I prefer mine, and the beans were OK. They were lacking of any real flavor aka spices, depending solely on the onion to give it some ummph. I ordered a half pound of meat, which is enough for about 3 meals, but they only give you one bun for a sandwich, and it was stale at that. Not appreciated on my end. Also, they need to update their website as it's lacking in info. Their menu gives an outdated contact email address for Juno, which has been disbanded since about 2000, for catering. The prices are relatively inexpensive, as the sandwich platter was only $8.99. The menu states that all platters come with a pickle wedge, but I didn't get one, which really I can't imagine pickles with 'Q, so it wasn't an issue for me. It was the coleslaw at this point. It was crunchy, and sweet, but not overly so.

Hugh Mercer's Apothecary Shop

by seagoingJLW

This is a restoration of an 18th century building. Dr. Mercer dispensed medicines and treatments of the times. He used leeches, lancets, snakeroots, and crab claws.

Dr. Mercer's patients included Mary Washington.

He left his practice to join the Revolutionary Army . He died as a Brigadier General at the Battle of Princeton.

Rappahannock River

by chewy3326

The most scenic natural area near Fredericksburg is undoubtedly the Rappahannock River, a 150+ miles long waterway stretching from Shenandoah National Park to the Chesapeake Bay. The Rappahannock River holds the distinction of being the longest undammed, free-flowing river on the United States' Eastern Seaboard. The river also creates the northern and eastern boundaries of the city of Fredericksburg; it is easy to walk down to the river, where the views are always spectacular.

Comments