Super 8 Motel Fredricksburg South

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

More about Super 8 Motel Fredricksburg South

Olde Silk Mill

by Suet about Olde Silk Mill

Very pleasant hotel, nice lounge to sit and talk with your friends or other guests and a magnificent staircase in the main lobby. No lift, however, so remember to pack lightly!

The staff were most helpful and informative about the Hotel and things withing walking distance. There were many leaflets and books in the small lounge which told you all about the American Civil War and where the many battles were fought in the area, one in the town of Fredricksburg itself.

I loved the George Washington impression given by the hotel owner and his proclamation at breakfast, added a personal fun touch to a friendly hotel.

I also liked the fact that if you were a bit late for breakfast, there was not that "hurry up" feel about the service. That added to the charm for me as being punctual mars the holiday for me.

We had our VT Fredericksburg October 2010 meeting there, kindly organised by Zanzooni and as a result, they got the functions room at a discounted price. Well done Zooners! An old building which retains the charm of the Old American look. The Floors are wooden which means no sneaking in quietly after lights out! I had a peek around some of my friends' rooms and was pleased to note that each was different. Some large double tester beds, four posters, twin beds, all with lovely lace curtains and that Old South feel. They had the old 60's phones in the rooms, but I am not sure if they worked. Ours was not plugged in and I had not the need to test it out. To see the rooms, please do look at the website as they have all the information there and much better pictures than I could take.

Auction Block

by lonestar_philomath

American colonies started importing slaves after its founding by the British. The Rappahannock river passes through Fredericksburg and empties into the Potomac. The Rappahannock was deep enough allowing ships to dock at Fredricksburg, which became one of the centers for slave auctions. This auction block is located at 1000 Charles Street.

The block is dififcult to see in the lower right hand corner of my one picture, however I will be returning to Fredricksburg taking more pictures.

Kenmore

by roamer61

This is the home of Betty Washington Lewis, sister of George Washington. She lived here in the mid latter 18th Century with her husband, Fielding Lewis. It is located in the historic town of Fredricksburg. For the complete history, see the indicated website.

Fredricksburg Rennaissance Faire

by meta4r

"Scheherazade"

The new Ren Faire In VA is a blast. Take in a show.

She can bend back farther!

...and farther!

"Tara's first pony ride!"

"Mom has to help"

"Let's slide on out of here!"

Virginia

by eclark

"Bald Eagles of Caledon Natural Area"

The Bald Eagle has been the symbol of the US since 1782. Virginia is the stronghold for eagles in the Eastern United States. There are several places where you can go to see eagles on any day. One of the best is the Caledon Natural Area, administered by the Virginia Division of State Parks. It is one of only two state parks in the entire USA that has been established primarily to protect eagles. (The other is the Chilkat River State Park in Alaska)

At the Wildlife Center of Virginia, we treat all of the eagles that are injured in Virginia. We often release our former patients at Caledon. It is a great place to go and see why the magnificent bald eagle represents us so well.

The park is about 20 miles east of Fredricksburg, Virginia, on the banks of the Potomac River. It is about 90 minutes from the beltway around Washington, DC.

Hampton Inn - Fredricksburg

by Nika_327

Hello everyone! I have a question for locals in Fredricksburg. We stayed at a Hampton Inn last year in Fredricksburg on our drive down to SC from Montreal. I am uncertain of which Hampton Inn we stayed at, however it was a quick drive to a whole bunch of restaurants, including a newly opened (2007) chilli's that was across the street from a Walmart. Looked like the side that chilli's was on was a newly developed area.

Any ideas? We believe its the Hampton Inn on Market Street, however aren't 100% and b4 we book it thought i'd ask here.

Thanks....

Re: Hampton Inn - Fredricksburg

by mccalpin

The Chili's Restaurant is probably at
10010 Southpoint Parkway
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
while the Wal-mart is probably at
10001 Southpoint Parkway
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
These are both about 5 miles from the city center, and from the addresses, they do seem to be across the street from each other.

The Hampton Inn that you were speaking of is at
4800 Market Street
Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA, 22408
which is about 4.5 miles from the city center.

maps.yahoo.com shows that your hotel location is on the east side of I-95 while the Chili's and Wal-mart and all is on the west side - does that sound right? By car, the distance is a mile or two, depending on how you go, but the distance as the crow flies is maybe a half a mile or less.

Does this sound like what you want?

Bill

Re: Hampton Inn - Fredricksburg

by Nika_327

YES, that does sound about right! Thanks so much for your help. Looks like we are booking the right Hampton then.... : )

Thanks again!

Info on Fredericksburg Streets, neighborhood, and Hotel location

by DocHolliday

My wife and I will be visiting later on this year. We have narrowed our choices of hotels to the Best Western at 2205 William Street and the Best Western on 3000 Plank Rd. , the Comfort Inn on 5422 Jefferson Davis Ave., the Holiday Inn at 564 Warrenton rd. and finally the Wingate Inn on 20 Sandford dr. Any help would be greatly appreciated or any info on where I can find out for myself. We just want to make sure these hotels are in a good part of town and how close they are to the battlefields and such. Thanks again for any information.

Re: Info on Fredericksburg Streets, neighborhood, and Hotel location

by zanzooni

I live in Spotsylvania, which is the heart of the Civil War...bloodest battle took place here, and if you visit my site, you will see pics from the most famous and bloodiest battle as well as the Confederate Cemetary. You don't want to go to Warrenton...too far removed. Stay on RT.1 or RT.3...better yet, you can come down to Spotsi and stay at the Holiday Inn Express which is right off I 95, Thornsburg exit 118. This is about 5 miles from where Stonewall Jackson died, and there is a shrine that you can visit, once again there are pics on my homesite of this, and we are only 20 mins. from Fredricksburg. I have website addresses on my site that you can visit for Civil War data, and you can Google Spotsylvania as well as Fredricksburg.

If you email me via VT, I will give you all the data you need as well as where to stay...my daughter delivered pizzas for Domino's a few years back and knows this area like the back of her hand.

Re: Info on Fredericksburg Streets, neighborhood, and Hotel location

by fburgnative

I know this message is quite dated now, but for any future travellers...
The reference to the Warrenton Road location in the original post is to a hotel on Route 17 in Stafford County, just outside Fredericksburg (about one mile from the city limits via I-95). It is not a reference to an address in the town of Warrenton, as an earlier reply suggested.

Comments