Joshua Wilton House Inn

412 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, Virginia, 22801, United States

More about Joshua Wilton House Inn

Loved the Joshua Wilton House

by TripAdvisor Member robnali

The Joshua Wilton House is a true gem. The rooms are gorgeous and the customer service exceptional. Dinner at the restaurant is a must and you'll never leave breakfast hungry. I highly recommend this B&B for a romantic getaway.

A Welcoming Home away from Home

by TripAdvisor Member buseys

The Joshua Wilton House Inn is a charming bed and breakfast. Each room of the house has been tastefully decorated and creates an inviting and peaceful atmosphere. I felt very welcomed and relaxed during my stay. I am looking forward to returning to the Inn in the future.

My little Heaven in Harrisonburg,VA

by TripAdvisor Member hot_wla

Los Angeles,CA, USA , March 27, 2008
I spent two weeks working in Harrisonburg in the middle of February 2008. It was cold, twenties and thirties. I stayed at the beautifully restored Victorian Joshua Wilton House.
From the moment I arrived I was taken by the beauty of this five bedrooms place. I stayed in the cozy, warm and sophisticated room # 5 with nice bathroom and TV.
From the beginning, Megan, quickly made I feel at home. Every day, the room was spotlessly cleaned and a little package of fresh chocolate cookies waited for me, when I got back from work. The food and the service in the restaurant at the Joshua Wilton House are superb. I had the famous duck and enjoyed the delicious deserts with my friends.
Thank you all at the Joshua Wilton House for making my staying at your place very special.

I am going back soon and staying there again. Lucky me!

Overall good, but.......

by TripAdvisor Member overnightraveler

I typically stay at the Joshua Wilton House about twice a year when conducting business at JMU. I agree with the other posters that location and dinner are good and there are not really other upscale options to choose from in Harrisonburg. However, on both of my recent trips (including one last week in April 2008) I have found something to be desired in the housekeeping and cleanliness.

This is definitely not the place for you if you need a hotel that seems like a sterile environment. On my most recent trip, there were stray hairs throughout the bathrrom and a huge clump of hair rose up when I turned on the tub faucet. Also noticed some spots on the towels after I had used them that I am hoping were stains. Bedspread had stains on the reverse side. On my prior visit, the bathroom was missing all amenities.

Overall I would stil recommend the JW house and will stay there again, but I can only hope for more attention to detail in the room cleaning.

Perfect for a JMU Visit!

by TripAdvisor Member jessmac3

We made an overnight visit to Harrisonburg to check out JMU since I graduated in 2000. The JW House was the perfect location. Not only could we walk to campus, but also to all the charming restaurants downtown. Our room was a great size and the bed was quite comfortable. There were other guests there at the time, but it was completely quiet for sleeping at night and relaxing in the afternoon. The hostesses were wonderful and our breakfast the following morning was a treat. Homemade granola, fruit and some fancy eggs. We will definitely go back the next time we are in town!

A Cut Above Most B&B's

by TripAdvisor Member jmj20003

Sampled many B&B's. This one is delightful. The rooms are nice, but that's the least important comment about this place. Great attention has been paid to the total experience. The robes provided are far better than any I've enjoyed at 5-Star International Resorts; the attention to ensuring your stay is comfortable is there, but not heavy-handed. You're srrounded by exceptional period decor with refrains of perfect background music in the gathering areas. All true to its era. The original clear stained-glass entry something to behold. But better than all of this is the discovery that the restaurant that is also housed in this establishment is better than most 4-and 5-Star dining choices on the East Coast! What a surprise to find a B&B not nestled in a major metro area with this quality of food fare. The chef stays true to the region with ultra-fresh ingredients prepared in the most exquisite of blends at a price that's half that charged in neighboring metro areas. If we had not eaten another item after our scallops appetizer--we would have been perfectly satisfied that we'd tasted the most delectable item available on earth and left delightfully happy. Each subsequent course produced the same shock that such culinary mastery had been stumbled upon in this humble setting. The Brulee---has won many awards and best we've ever had. This B&B with restaurant ensconced within--would be a delight at twice the price.

Great place in the Shenandoah valley

by TripAdvisor Member NeenaB

Comfortable rooms (including Aveda products!), fantastic food and excellent service. We did not have to repeat our needs once. From asking for a newspaper the first morning, it appeared ready for us on each subsequent day. They seemed to really go out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Even the kitchen staff were helpful and sneaked us in through the back when we arrived back from a hike in the middle of a very smart looking private function.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting comfort and service.

excellent hospitality in the valley

by TripAdvisor Member hotrodlinc

Everything about it is excellent from the people to the food. We have stayed there on our anniversary for several years and have already booked for next year.

a great property

by TripAdvisor Member mmdafd

if u want to support the locals instead of the chains, this is the place to stay. sean, mark and ann marie are all about southern hospitality at an affordable price

Comments