1945 Deyerle Avenue, Harrisonburg, Virginia, 22801, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Harrisonburg

Awesome Timber FrameAwesome Timber Frame

View from the overlookView from the overlook

Travel Tips for Harrisonburg

Great location for sidetrips

by matcrazy1

"In the heart of Shenandoah Valley"

After busy walking around Staunton and evening shopping in Wal-Mart I hit my car northwards along Shenandoah Valley looking for accommodation at reasonable price. The next day I was going to see the valley, cross Blue Ridge Mountains, visit Luray Caverns and Shenandoah National Park. Well, my travel plan is never fixed.

Being happy excited about the next day and worrying a bit about cloudy and foggy weather in the mountains we stopped at Super 8 Motel before reaching Harrisonburg. I expected to find something interesting in the city the next morning.

In the room I read leaflets about Harrisonburg and I got to know that Harrisonburg is home to James Madison University (JMU) and that the only point of interest is Edith J. Carrier Arboretum. At first I thought about a visit to the arboretum but next morning I asked about it in the front desk and very helpful guy with a bit strange accent (southern?) told me that it wasn't very interesting in October. He advised me to drive directly to fantastic Luray caverns with a stop in small rural town of New Market and he worned me that there was nothing more to see than fog in the mountains that day.

So, I followed his suggestions and didn't see the city at all. But I was very satisfied about my stay in Super 8 Harrisonburg. Welcome to my New Market page to continue.

Comments