13700 Coppermine Road, Herndon, Virginia, 20171, United States

Staybridge Suites Dulles
IHG Expedia.com Priceline.com

• Herndon, VA - under rated

This is an extended stay hotel. I stayed here for six days when visiting Washington, DC. My stay was during the time period of December 12-to-18, 2009. I felt that this was a very nice place to stay. The specific room that I got was a one bedroom suite. My room had a full size refrigerator, stove and microwave. This was very handy because I did get some groceries at the local store (approx 1 mile). The hotel shuttle could take you to the grocery and would pick you up later.

The hotel shuttle was used several times during my visit to go the Dulles Airport to catch a Metro bus to go downtown. The Metro bus cost $ 3.10 USD to go downtown. The shuttle bus cost whatever you tipped the driver. There was a subway stop at Fairfax, VA to also go downtown. I just happened to use the bus to be able to see the buildings and enjoy the fact I did not have to drive. The bus ride to the downtown was approximately 40-to-50 minutes on several days.

There were several places within one mile of the hotel to eat. I did enjoy a Thai food restaurant that was in the same shopping center as the grocery store. Yes, I ate there several times during my stay. Again, you could use the hotel shuttle to take you with five miles of the hotel. I felt very safe at the hotel. It was very quiet at the hotel, so I got to sleep without any problems.

The hotel also offered a complete breakfast each morning. The buffet breakfast included eggs, sausage, bacon, breads (bagels, bread, muffins), oats, cereals, waffles, fruits and various juices. There was also several coffees, teas, and milk. In several of the evenings, they had small treats for the customers with beer and wine on at least one night.

I definitely would recommend this facility to my friends. I also believed that the staff was very positive in assisting the customers. They also have computers with internet access. There were was a laundry facility and a pool (for the summer).

Unique Quality: Again, there was a pool for the summer. There are several trees in the front of the property. There are some other hotels in the area, however, they are not immediately visible from this property.

There was one unusual thing that dealt with the hotel pricing. On Sunday nights, the rate at the hotel was approximately double of the normal rate. I could not find out why the rate was charged like this. The other nights the rates were roughly half this rate. My hotel rates were part of a package deal and may be impacted by the package.

Directions: Very quiet area for the hotel. I used my GPS unit to get around the Washington area. The GPS unit helped me several times to find the various places that I wanted to see at night or at other times.

• francis0927's Profile Photo

Staybridge Suites

The stay at Staybridge is quite pleasant for me. Though my standards may not be that high since its the first time I travelled to the US (I heard some guests complaining). Only problem (for me) is that hotel shuttle services only reach upto 5 mile radius. Enough for business trips but not really for adventurers like me who likes to go around and check the place out.

Comments