701 Club Dr, Keswick, VA 22947

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Keswick Hall At Monticello

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LocustPointBaltimore

My wife and I just came home from a weekend at Keswick Hall. I would go back tomorrow! No question the property does carry a hefty price but, it worth every penny! The service and surroundings are outstanding. The staff can not do enought for you.

Do not miss this property.

Exceptional!! We are already planning our return trip!!!

by TripAdvisor Member mjohns7861

Keswick Hall at Monticello can be summed up in one word: magnificent. This charming 48 room inn has the feel of staying at a private country estate. The room (we had Room 11) was well appointed with a very comfortable king-size bed and a number of nice touches. The bathroom is a good size with a huge bathtub. The room was homey and very comfortable and not of the cookie-cutter variety you can see at other high dollar hotels.

While several people have commented negatively on the service at Keswick I found things moved quick and unobtrusively. We walked in with our bags and someone quickly offered their help - albiet we carried our bags ourselves. Registration was lightning quick and were given our keys immediately upon identifying ourselves with no hassle.

The service at Fossett's for the one dinner we had was quick and top notch. The Executive Chef himself delivered our meal to our table and came back later to chat. The restaurant is exceptional and provided one of the best meals I have recently had. A wonderful atmostphere and remarkable view during the day. The room service continental breakfast was also very good.

Service for the afternoon tea and the downstairs bar was also great. The staff was friendly and stopped to chat with us several times as we played billiards downstairs but never obtrusively. The maid service and turn-down service were also excellent and demonstrated the absolute care Keswick takes with each customer at the hotel to make their experience the best it can be.

I could go on and on about Keswick - it's that good. We are already talking about our return trip.

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member FrequentTraveler028

While i was anticipating a romantic long weekend, I found instead that the staff were preoccupied with a wedding they were hosting at the hotel. Our requests (for example, for room service) were either ignored or fulfilled late--the pool needed a good cleaning, and all together I felt the place was showing signs of being short staffed and a little frayed around the edges. Probably would have had a better expereince on a weekday than on the busy long weekend we chose. Not highly recommended. We are going to try the Boar's Head Inn when we return to the area this summer.

Lovely, Gracious with an imperfection or two

by TripAdvisor Member lindz3

Absolutely charming inn. When we stayed there the hotel only had 15 rooms filled out of 48. The bellman was very willing to give us a tour of as many vacant rooms as we wanted to see. We paid $340. for room #4. This was a first floor corner room with an enormous balcony. The staff were so helpful and caring. Our room was wonderful although it needed some updating. The carpet was a little dirty and some of the upholstery a little frayed. If these few items were fixed I would have said the place was perfection. The linens were of the finest quality and the bed was just right. We had our two very well behaved kids with us. They loved the three pools. The infinity pool was gorgeous. The indoor/outdoor pool was fun ( they have a button that offers water resistance that the kids played with for hours). The main pool was not too appealing. The water was cloudy and didn't seem too pristine. The children did love that pool too. Room service was slow and the order was wrong one day. Dinner in Fossets (not sure of the name) was really lovely and the manager/wine server was fabulous and tried so hard to make our time special. Dinner at the club was not as good. The service was actually very poor. I believe we paid a surcharge for eating at the club too. I would not recommend eating at the club restaurant. I would highly recommend this property but with the understanding that this is not a 5 star...it is a very, very high 4 star. I am so happy we stayed here and will remember our visit for many years.

Very Cold Stay

by TripAdvisor Member WinerySeeker

Our third stay at the Keswick but first winter stay. The room was at 64 degrees and we were offered a space heater that did help a little in the sitting area. We considered the room almost unusable as a result. It's too bad because the service was excellent and the food was magnificent. This experience has dampened our interest in returning since there are so many alternative [and warm] places to stay in the area.

Comments