Keswick Hall At Monticello (701 Club Drive.)

701 Club Drive
Keswick Hall
Orbitz.com CheapTickets.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Keswick Hall At Monticello (701 Club Drive.)

Very Pleased - Will return!

by TripAdvisor Member travelwemust

My wife and I visited Keswick Hall mid-week for a little rest and relaxation and definitely found it here. The hotel is elegant, the grounds were beautiful, and we found the service to be excellent with professional, friendly staff. I had the best massage of my life (and I've had quite a few) with Yvonne, who trained in Holland. Afternoon tea was nice with an assortment of fresh baked scones and breads, and dinner at the hotel restaurant Fossett's was truly 5-star, with a large wine assortment reasonably priced. Overall, we were highly satisfied with Keswick Hall.

Great Service For Girls Trip

by TripAdvisor Member jplatt1

I organized a group of 12 women to spend a weekend at Keswick Hall this last weekend. As we have been putting this trip together, Keswick has been wonderful to work with even as I worked to get committments til the very end. With so many moving pieces we ended up a room short (our fault) and Keswick took care of it and made everyone feel welcomed.

The rooms are all individually decorated with area antiques and fabulous linens. Because they are using antique pallettes, some of the rooms may not have been to my taste, but i appreciated what they were trying to do. Great amenities and once again great service. When we were missing a razor and a toothbrush, someone rushed right up with both at no charge.

On to the spa. The spa is located in the beautiful and classy club. We had car problems getting there and Collette couldn't have been more wonderful in rescheduling as many of the appointments as time would allow. This must have been a huge a inconvenience to them, but they were nothing but gracious. All of the ladies enjoyed their services. Mud wraps and a lash tint received the highest praise.

They serve a very nice tea service in the afternoon. This used to be included with your room, but my understanding is that this is additional now.

The pools are both lovely. The spa pool is quieter but the main infinity pool is gorgeous with panoramic views of the great looking golf course. (not there long enough to actually play) There were a couple of kids, but mostly i would say this is a retreat best suited for adults.

Finally, Fossetts. It is a wonderful restaurant! Being very picky about restaurants, I can't give this place high enough recognition. The service is spot on, the food is delicious, even when serving a 12 top! Their wine selection is wonderful with a great cellar of local wines as well as top selections of both new world and old world wines. They did a great job of reading our group...being fun, but also serious about providing quality. They have a wonderful breakfast menu also.

This is the second trip I have made to Keswick, and it was once again wonderful. The birthday girl, who we were there celebrating, said it was her best birthday and we owe it to the professionals at Keswick committed to the highest sense of service for their guests.

OMG-what a place!

by TripAdvisor Member ddsandy

Stayed here for my 20th anniversary....can't say enough good things about this place. The specialty room was spotless, and had french doors to a veranda overlookind the golf course, where we were served breakfast. Checked in early, and to our surprise, the room was ready. Got buffet lunch (delicious) and laid by the pool. The horizon pool is beautiful, and even had music underwater! My husband had his first massage, and loved it. We were surprised by a cheese tray and champagne (courtesy of our family) in our room, and had dinner at Fossett's. There are no words to describe Fossett's. The service was impeccable, and food outstanding.

My thanks to Keswick for making this anniversary so special. We WILL be back!

Lovely, charming, a few complaints

by TripAdvisor Member kksdc

What a lovely, elegant, quietly tasteful place to stay. It has been said many times in previous reviews, but staying at Keswick really is like staying in a private country estate. We loved it and will return!! Superb food, amazing infinity pool, beautiful surroundings.
BUT...
Don't be in a hurry for anything here. From asking for some ice water or a menu at the pool, to dinner at Fossett's (more on this later), service is, shall we say, leisurely ( about 20 minutes per request).
The room was charming but the bathroom was definitely not spotless--hairs on the floor, in the bathtub, etc--
Had very nice spa services but the check-in process was a bit disorganized.
Dishes from buffet lunch and afternoon tea were left well after the food service was over and the tables had been vacated--flies on the food, etc.
We were in no hurry during our 2 dinners at Fossett's, and this was a good thing because it took forever. The first night, we ordered a bottle of wine and our waiter never reappeared with it until our entree had already arrived. The second night, the bottle of wine was left on the table while our waitress went to find an ice bucket--we ended up pouring the wine and putting the bottle in the ice bucket ourselves after waiting 20 minutes.
We don't mean to complain, though--overall this place is just fabulous and we can't wait to go back. They just have a few kinks to work out with the staff and then it will be PERFECT!!!

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member mystng

As many other travelers noted, no porter or valet was available upon arrival. When the doorman was at his post, he seemed more interested in the luggage trolley than he did in holding the door. The Reception clerk informed us that our room was not ready (it was past 3 pm check in). Once we had received our room - we noted that it was not big enough to accommodate a cot which we had requested when making our reservation. We also did not receive a room with a King size bed which was confirmed when we reserved. After much ado we were allocated another room. The Decor was of a hunting motif - which was not at all attractive, the thermostat did not function properly and the room was stuck at 85 degrees which meant for both nights we slept with the windows open.

This hotel is for all intents and purposes a bed and breakfast styled hotel. The first night there was a party in the "living room" which because of the spiral staircase sounded as though it were taking place in the room next door. Finally at 1pm the piano player called it a night. I had phoned the front desk numerous times asking for the party to be moved into an area that would not disturb the guests.

I would say my biggest disappointment was with the hotel's service, or therefore LACK of. Breakfast in the dining room was painfully slow - it should not take 50 minutes to prepare granola and scrambled eggs. Both days the rooms weren’t attended to until after 4pm.

The grounds are beautiful -- which is the only positive I can add to this review.

Comments