44050 Woodridge Pkwy, Leesburg, VA 20176

Travelocity Lansdowne Resort Expedia.com

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Landsdowne Resort and Golf

This hotel and spa has been well liked by all my friends that have stayed there for a weekend get away. Great Spa and the golf course is well liked. Food is great and overall accomodations are fabulous! Within miles of a hospital and within 30 mintutes of Dulles international airport. Washington D.C. is within 45 minute drive.

Unique Quality: spa and golf are fantastic. Very close to outlets that have great deals

More about Lansdowne Resort

NOT a 4- Star Resort

by TripAdvisor Member DowntownDC

Poor customer service, bad food and horrible coffee. When you walk in the front lobby you are overwhelmed with second hand smoke. Stale smoke from the bar near the front lobby is a quick turn off. Bad customer service- from the restaurant staff who were very young/ not experienced and had a poor attitude, room service staff were rude on the phone and delivered the wrong order twice, very rude front desk staff at the spa. We don't consider ourselves difficult customers, but we were shocked at the poor service. Food and coffee were terrible too. Plan to eat off- site, especially your coffee.

All this said, the valet staff was excellent. Very friendly and professional.

Great Food at Lansdowne

by TripAdvisor Member edanddebra

I came here for a business conference and stayed one night. The food here is very good and the rooms are generally nice. The conference facilities were fine. However, I had a several issues which depending on how particular you are could be annoying. First, the chair is too low for someone to work on the desk with a laptop. I had to scrunch up my shoulders which is uncomfortable and my wrist started to hurt from the funny angle. Second, they have an old TV instead of a wide screen that most nice hotels now have. And the volume control was not granular enough...it was way too loud on the lowest setting. Third, the light was too dim. They've replaced all of their incadenscents with CFLs which aren't bright enough. I applaud them for trying to save energy but they should have gotten higher wattage bulbs. I felt like I was in a cave in the evening. Fourth, the bed was ok but not as nice as I would expect for a hotel of this caliber (and high cost for that matter). Fifth, it really irritates me that I have to pay a very high room rate but I don't get internet access for free. That's the sort of thing that makes me feel nickel and dimed by these sort of higher end hotels. All of the mid-range and lower hotels have been providing free interent for a long time. Having said that, the internet connection worked fine.

Wonderful Service

by TripAdvisor Member Isky

My one day stay at this resort was wonderful. Every single meal was delicious, especially the lunch buffet at The Riverside Hearth, which was about $19. My only complaint there was the waiter politely refusing to give me two glasses of water and like I thought - when I needed my glass refilled several times, he was no where around. The non-smoking room was spacious and the bedding was beautiful and comfortable. My fifth floor room had a balcony and the view was incredible. Lots of thick towels in the bathroom. Shower head was nicer than most hotels. The property provides a shuttle service from Dulles airport ($50 roundtrip) and they were prompt and professional. I never left the property so I have no idea what was nearby. This was a trip with another college friend for a congressional event and it was great. I regret running out of time and not using the spa because it looked very nice. The elevators were quick. There are a lot of places to sit throughout the first floor. Free coffee was available downstairs in the morning and a USA Today was left outside the door. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Decent 3 star with poor service

by TripAdvisor Member lrigby

We stayed at the Lansdowne in late June for a wedding. The property really is very pretty and the hotel was decent. We got a good rate ($129/nt) through the wedding block and our room was about what I expected for that price point. Nothing special but nice (though our AC didn't cool the room very well).

However, the service at this hotel, across the board, is very poor. The bar seemed to be understaffed as waits for service were long and the staffers themselves were largely indifferent about being attentive.

At checkout, when I questioned the "resort fee" (a $15/nt fee for access to the hotel's amenities (pool, golf course, restaurants, spa), as it was explained to me), the front desk staff was very rude and indigent. The resort fee was taken off my bill but the episode exemplifies the resort: substandard service and the feeling of being nickled and dimed at every turn. I would not stay there again.

Spend your money (and lots of it) ELSEWHERE!

by TripAdvisor Member amattsen

The only thing this place has going for it is its decor, and nothing more. If decor is that important to you when spending about $350 a night, be my guest. However, you're also in store for many disappointments. The customer service was just average and in the restaurants even worse. (You'll be annoyed you have to leave a 15-20% tip on that bill) I order a steak (their special I think for the night) that cost me about $50 and it was just ok. My husband and I were so annoyed with the food options, we had a much better time eating at the Cheesecake Factory down the street - better food for an eight of the price. If you haven't gotten a massage before, you might enjoy that part. If you have, you'll be very disappointed there as well. I would never go back and was so ticked that we spent the money we did for a lousy time. We would definitely go cruising WAY before doing this resort again.

No good

by TripAdvisor Member sjp1

We stayed at this "resort" for an office retreat. I put resort in quotations as it is not a resort in the truest sense. The rooms were decent, but the walls were paper thin. I was woken up at 7am by noise from the room next to me...the guests were stirring their morning coffee. I was also able to smell smoke everytime they lit up. What good is a hotel if I can't sleep in on my vacation? Their was no shower pressure whatsoever and the toilet made a loud, longstanding noise when flushed. The hotel grouds were a mixed bag. The tennis courts were in a state of disrepair. The pools were nice, but nothing special. The restaurant was okay (we only ate breakfast). The bar was nice, but had rude employees. Probably the worst part of the "resort" was the nickle and diming of the guests. Beware of the $15 resort fee. This "resort" is hardly worth a fee on top of the already high price one pays to stay here. If you want a nice resort for a nice vacation, do not stay here. I would never stay here again.

Jazz on the Potomac: A Wonderful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member TMS08

My boyfriend and I recently purchased the Jazz on the Potomac package at Lansdowne. The package includes one night's stay, VIP seating at the Friday outdoor jazz concert, and breakfast the next morning. The resort also offers golf, spa services, a gym, and outdoor walking/running trail. Overall, we had a wonderful experience at the resort and found it to be the perfect getaway from the hustle/bustle of the city.

The common areas of the hotel and the rooms are nicely decorated and extremely clean. Our bathroom did have water damange above the toilet and in the corner of the shower which we made note of on the resort evaluation.

The Friday jazz concert is co-sponsored by one of the local radio stations; the artists were very good. Food and drinks are available for purchase. The only drawback is that the food is served in take-out containers. It would be great if full service was available. The resort may also consider providing guests who purchase this package a discount coupon which could be used at any of the three restaurants in the hotel.

Breakfast is buffett and includes a large selection which should meet most dietary needs (except for those who are looking for an alternative to sausage and bacon. There were no turkey or veggie meat alternatives.)

Our only disappointed was with the service provided by the staff at breakfast. Our waiter greeted us by saying "do you want something to drink," and was not very attentive. Also, the cook who was taking orders at the grill moved so fast that you weren't sure if he heard what you ordered. In our case, he got our order wrong but made it seem like it was our fault.

Despite the minor disappointed, my boyfriend and I agreed that we would definitely consider returning to the resort. Lansdowne offers a romantic environment with a variety of activities to keep you busy if you so desire.

In Short Do Not Stay at This Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member alambert

For starters, look the DC region is a fairly traditional place. Its resorts and hotels at least try to maintain consistent colonial or neo-colonial decor. To be sure there is room for contemporary diversity, but Landsdowne opts for early 70's orange and brown? It makes the hotel and the rooms look and feel older than they really are. But poor service is really what made this recent weekend retreat a dismal experience. I rarely write complaints but service was rude, basic items (e.g, internet) non-operational, and other problems that I had been warned about on this board (e.g., package deals that disappear when you arrive) unfortunately came to pass for me as well. I had three other conversations with other guests who expressed similar complaints, one group which decided it was not even going to stay the night. Perhaps the hotel can make changes. There really aren't any other hotels out that way, but until it does, do not spend any money here.

Relax and Enjoy

by TripAdvisor Member tingieee

It's grounds is beautiful!! The golf is excellent, from what I hear, I didn't go myself. The spa experience was nice. They have two pools, one indoor and another outside with a splash slide. Events were held throughout the week. Jazz night, fireworks, buffet lunch on the garden.

The staff was wonderful in accomidating us. The concierge booked us a wine tasting tour. That was by far the best part of the trip.

Overall, not a bad trip.

trip to VA from DC with my mom

by robyn_hansen

I'm 30 and my mom is coming into town for a girl weekend. We would like to explore Virginia more to get out of hectic DC. Does anyone heave some suggestions? We are interested in everything, but so much seems to be geared towards a "romantic" or "family" getaway. I would love suggestions of good spa getaways, maybe light hiking (mom is 60), exposure to Appalacians, wineries, beach...I would like to drive no more than 4 hours from DC but more than 2 (so we really get out).

by Hopkid

How about the Keswick Hotel (www.keswick.com) in Charlottesville? I woudl think they'd have a spa and/or some other kind of pampering activities. C'ville is a cool town with nice restaurants and shopping and in the vicinity of many Virginia wineries. It's also on the outer edge of the Blue Ridge and Shenandoah Mountains. The one thing you won't get is the beach however.

by lostsooner55

I agree that Charlottesville would be a good destination. The mountains are closeby, and it is a very pretty area. The University of Virginia is located there, as well as Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home, and Ash Lawn- Highland, James Monroe's home. A place that I enjoyed having a meal was the Michie Tavern. They serve a "colonial Era", menu. Simple, but very good, food. The servers are dressed in period clothing, and they have a small museum on the grounds. You might want to look at their website at: http://www.michietavern.com. They have pretty restricted serving hours. By the way, they are NOT a bar, or tavern. You can always look at the Charlottesville tourism website at: http://www.pursuecharlottesville.com, for more information on Charlottesville itself. Gary

by jelw

I would suggest the Eastern Shore of Md. & VA. So many gorgeous places with a great number of activities.
A couple ideas this weekend Nov 2,3
Annual World Championship Punkin Chunkin Festival in Bridgeville DE. (also a VT meet) http://www.punkinchunkin.com/
It's Tall Ship Downrigging Weekend in Chestertown, MD Wow!!! http://www.schoonersultana.org/downrigging.htm
A couple ideas next week
Waterfowl festival in Easton Md. http://www.waterfowlfestival.org/
Historic Port towns of Cape Charles and Onancock, VA http://www.chesapeakebaysampler.com/

by zanzooni

When does your mom arrive, or has she already?~

by gamma28md

Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg, one of the B&B's in Middleburg Virginia(west of DC by about 1 hour), The Bavarian Inn in Sheperhstown. the Coolfont Resort in West Virginia.

by johnboywalton71

You might consider taking a trip to the vineyards:

Comments