A Bed and Breakfast at Llewellyn Lodge

603 South Main Street, Lexington, Virginia, 24450, United States

More about A Bed and Breakfast at Llewellyn Lodge

They Kept the lights on

by TripAdvisor Member walker.home

Recently I have had the opportunity to be a guest on several different occasions at Llewellyn Lodge. John was a delightful host and our accommodations were great. John went out of his way to keep the lights burning when we were not able to arrive until after 11:00 P.M. and was always willing to brew us coffee in the afternoons when we needed a pick-me-up. We were visiting my daughter, a student at Washington and Lee University. The lodge is in easy walking distance of the campus and town of Lexington. Our rooms were very private and quiet. We were surprised to come down to breakfast and find two other couples.
One word about the breakfast - divine- John even shared some of his special apple butter. Whether you are visiting Washington and Lee, fly fishing or taking advantage of the historic sites in the area I highly recommend The Llewellyn Lodge.

Allie Walker
Florence, S.C.

Great for Weddings, Right in Town!

by TripAdvisor Member VThokiegal

I got married at a church in Lexington and my husband’s entire family stayed at Llewellyn Lodge for the long weekend. They had a wonderful time! The Lodge is convenient and much more fun than a hotel. My inlaws had hot gourmet breakfasts in the sunny dining room every morning—better than stale bagels in a hotel lobby any day. They also said that the place is clean as a whistle and the beds are very comfy too.

The Lodge is within walking distance to the restaurants and churches in Lexington. It was so convenient that everyone had time to do some sightseeing in between wedding festivities. The guys went fishing with the host, John, a native Virginian and expert fly fisherman who has been written up in Southern Living and several outdoor journals. Of course, I got the best “catch” that weekend, but the fishermen did well too :-). The family loved staying at Llewellyn Lodge and we're all looking for an excuse to go back!

Loved Llewellyn B and B

by TripAdvisor Member VikingTraveller_8

We had a woderful stay at the Llewellyn Lodge B and B. Lexington is a very beautiful town and this B and B is a very nice place to stay. We were in town for sight seeing and the Lodge was in walking distance to everywhere we went. The hosts were very friendly, made you feel very much at home. The rooms were very clean and quiet. Loved the flat screen hig def TV in our room. Breakfast in the morning was very good. Highly recomend the omelettes. The lodge was very close to some of Lexingtons best restaurants also. Also enjoyed the front porch of the lodge. Very nice place to sit and relax. A very pleasant stay. I will definitely stay here again when in Lexington.

Our Favorite Lexington B&B-Llewellyn Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member vaviztor

We have stayed with John & Ellen at Llewellyn yearly for the the last 15 years. We always look forward to the lovely walk to restaurants downtown as well as enjoying a nice quite time at the Lodge. My husband loves the large High Def TVs and the fact that he can access the internet in his room. John always updates us on current activities and events. We love to hike and you won't believe the vast knowledge that John has in guiding guests to memorable places. The breakfasts are the best we have ever experienced at any B&B, do try the Boursin cheese omelet loaded if you stay here.
We always like to stay at places that are consistently good, the Llewellyn innkeepers are the best at this. The Southern Inn restaurant and Bistro are outstanding places to eat. Staying at Llewellyn is sure to create a memory you won't soon forget.

Absolutely wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member 1Tarheel

My husband and I recently stayed at the Llewellyn Lodge while visiting Lexington. The entire stay was terrific. John was such a helpful,knowledgeable host. Our room was great-the large screen TV was so enjoyable and we were well rested,thanks to the comfortable bed! And the breakfast....the best...from the coffee to the omelette to the waffles to the fresh fruit.We highly recommend Llewellyn Lodge,we plan on returning soon.

Country Comfort

by TripAdvisor Member chasbrook

Looking for a respite from hectic city life? Llewellyn Lodge is the perfect choice. Three times in the past ten years my wife, son and I have headed south from New York desperately needing some time away from the rat race. We've never been disappointed.
Llewellyn's innkeeper, John Roberts, is a wonderfully welcoming host who goes out of his way to assist guests. Days start out with a full breakfast which include omlets made to order. In getting the day under way one is well advised to consult John. Whether it's the best restaurants, hiking trails, bike rides, or cultural events, John, a life-long resident of Lexington, knows the pulse of the area and always has great suggestions. John is also a wonderful trout fisherman. Both I and my son have gone out fly fishing with John and loved our time with him. He's extremely knowledgeable and very generous in his instruction.
The inn with rooms that are tastefully decorated and comfortable is within walking distance of Lexington's restaurants and shopping. Take the time to walk Lexington's side streets; you'll love the architecture.

Home Away from Home

by TripAdvisor Member Maia5

I have stayed at the Llewellyn Lodge five times in two years. From the very first visit, I was struck by its charm, cleanliness, outstanding breakfasts and, most importantly, the warm hospitality shown by owner John Roberts. Lexington is a lovely town, with outstanding restaurants and interesting shops, and there is nothing so moving as the Lee Chapel and Stonewall Jackson cemetery. My visits there, however, would not be quite the same without staying at the Llewelly Lodge which has become for me a home away from home! I would highly recommend staying there while passing through Lexington.

great stay at Llewellyn Lodge (thanks to John Roberts)

by TripAdvisor Member silvaj

I relocated to Vienna, Virginia (just outside of the D.C. area) from Queens, NYC. for my job last year. Back in May, I had some vacation time and wanted to explore Virginia. A co-worker suggested taking 1-81 south and check out Lexington and Natural Bridge in Rockbridge county, VA. I researched online as to where to stay. I discovered the Llewellyn Lodge and it looked very nice and was ideally located in Lexington with easy access to Natural Bridge. I had an excellent stay at the lodge from start to finish. John Roberts (owner) is the best in the B&B industry. The facilities were very clean and in an orderly fashion. His establishment is well supplied with anything you need (e.g., soap, towels, etc). The breakfast was execellent--the best french toast that I have ever had. After exploring Natural Bridge and historic lexington, I was able to take a "John Roberts fishing and hiking adventure." Not only is John Roberts an outstanding busnessman, but a seasoned outdoorsman as well. He introduced me to trout fishing and I learned more from him in one day than I would learn out of a magazine or outdoor fishing show on the T.V. He also took me out to Goshen pass which is a hikers paradise. As a guy from Queens NY, I found my first vacation experience in Virginia a great one thanks to the Llewellyn Lodge and it's owner John Roberts. I strongly recommend this establishment to my family, friends and all who read this if they ever want an outstanding experience.

Justin J. Silva
Vienna, Virginia

Love that Llewellyn Lodge!

by TripAdvisor Member LL2Austin_Texas

Unfortunately, this June will be the last time that I stay at the Llewellyn Lodge for a while. It has been my family"s base of operation for the last 4 years while my oldest attended Washington and Lee University. Two or three times a year, we would travel to Lexington where owner John Roberts always had a warm smile and hot, award winning breakfast. The southern hospitality was hard to miss during our stay. John was always helpful in recommending places to eat or visit (don't miss the Southern Inn on your trip). He was also very flexible no matter what time we arrived. John will also taking you fishing if you have the time!

If you prefer a bread and breakfast to a chain, I would highly recommend a stay at the Llewellyn Lodge.

What every B&B should be like!

by TripAdvisor Member BetsySantos

This is a special place to stay. My husband and I stayed here during a weekend getaway and could not have been happier. It is a quaint home within a nice walk to the downtown area of Lexington. It is southern country charm at it's best. The owner John Roberts is one of the nicest people to meet and bonus - he is a great cook. He is a local who knows all the places to go and see from where to eat, where to tour and where to enjoy the outdoors. From the moment we arrived to the moment we checked out, it was clear he was there to please us and make sure we had a great time. If we are ever in Lexington again, we would certainly stay at Llewellyn Lodge again.

Comments