401 East Nelson Street, Lexington, Virginia, 24450, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Hampton.com

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Col Alto - 1827 Manor Home

We stopped at the Virginia Welcome Center for a map of Virginia, and the lady there told us how to get to the Hampton Inn which is also a historic house. It isn't right on the highway, but is in the middle of downtown Historic Lexington so it was a good thing that we had directions. Otherwise it would be difficult to find.

We arrived about 1600. We got parked (being careful not to drive or park where it was marked for carriages only.

Unique Quality: There are historic bedrooms in the old section (photo 4). Our bedroom in the new wing was very much as a normal Hampton room. I had wi-fi and a TV. We could walk across to the new section via a breezeway for breakfast.

There was no cranberry juice and not a very good breakfast - one hot item, cold cereal and Danish rolls.

Directions: From I-81: Exit 188 West on Route 60, go 2 1/2 miles and the hotel is at the fourth traffic light.

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Take a look at this Hampton Inn

You'll need to click on the picture to really see how neat this Hampton Inn is. An old manor house is used for part of the lodging. It really fits in with the atmosphere of the town.
    I put three different places on this page to show the different places that are here for a place to stay overnight. We didn't spend the night here but all of them look really great!
    There are several more places to chose from in the area. I hope we have a chance to spend a few days here.

Comments