Autumn Ridge Cottages

Autumn Ridge Lane, Lexington, Virginia, 24450, United States

More about Lexington

List of famous people buried hereList of famous people buried here

My blueberry pieMy blueberry pie

Pool area and main building from our roomPool area and main building from our room

Trees against the skyTrees against the sky

Travel Tips for Lexington

VMI

by KARLPORTER56

This is really a great military institution.. We passed through and did a quick tour.. I remember a really nice museum . Stonewall Jackson is the king here. He was a proffessor here before serving in the Civil War. I even remember seeing his Horse in this museum.. In June nobody was there and we were able to tour the facility pretty much at our leisure. I remember watching a razor blade commercial filmed here shortly after we toured this great military instituton.

I am pretty sure that this is a dorm. The razor blade commercial was filmed here shortly after we toured.. In the summer we walked right through the courtyard and nobody said a thing to us..

This was a fantastic painting in back of the Pew in the Church. I really wish I had taken a better picture.. Simply depicts a bloody Civil War scene.. I am not sure of what battle.. But It was a painting you can get lost in..It's magnitude and detail are mesmerizing.

Lexington Sights

by 72hoo

"Lee Chapel"

This is the Lee Chapel on the campus of Washington and Lee University. It houses the crypt of Confederate General Robert E. Lee. After the Civil War, Lee became president of what was then Washington College.

"Washington and Lee University"

This is a view of Washington and Lee University

"Virginia Military Institute"

This is the barracks at historic Virginia Military Institute. The Institute has a museum, and the George C. Marshall Institute on campus also has a museum. Marshall, VMI's most famous graduate, was Army Chief of Staff during WWII, and Secretary of State after that. He is the architect of the Marshall Plan.

"Stonewall Jackson's Tomb"

This is the grave of the legendary Confederate general Thomas J. (Stonewall) Jackson. He was wounded at Chancelorsville, and died several days later. The Stonewall Jackson Cemetary contains the graves of many other Confederate soldiers.

Comments