Orchard House Bed and Breakfast

9749 Thomas Nelson Hwy, Lovingston, Virginia, 22949, United States

More about Orchard House Bed and Breakfast

What a Great Surprise

It was our 15th wedding anniversary and my husband took me to Orchard House B&B. It was our first time at a b&b and it was wonderful. I loved it. Deb and Richard were wonderful which made the place more beautiful then ever. It was breathtaking to go to sleep and wake up on a Saturday morning and see snow. I felt at peace. I can't wait to go back again. This time I would like to go in the spring or summer time just to sit out on the two seater by the water and relax. This is the kind of place where you want to call home. It felt like visiting mom and dad. If you've never been to a bed and breakfast before, this is the place to begin. Go, relax, enjoy, and fall in love all over again.

Ahhh

We had a wonderful time! The Orchard House has been beautifully renovated by the inexhaustable inkeepers Richard and Deb, and the atmosphere is friendly, relaxed, and restful. The hot tub on the back porch is a nice touch! One thing you might like to be aware of is that the long driveway is situated right on Rt. 29, a fairly major road, which makes enjoying the region very convenient but also means the B+B is not as secluded as some might prefer. The food was absolutely wonderful, and featured creative variations on breakfast standards, which were fun and delicious. The bed (in the Northern Spy room) was wonderful.

Almost like home

While conducting some business in the area,I had the pleasure of staying at the orchard house with my cousin.Besides the beautiful rooms of this victorian,Debbie and Richard were outstanding at making us feel right at home.We also enjoyed the home cooking and delicious baked goodies.Its a great place to get away and relax and see some of the beautiful countryside, visit the wineries and make new friends. I look forward to visiting again.

Different change of pace

It was a great experience. The food and service was prompt. Privacy was observed. Information on things to do around town were available. The scenery was beautiful with snow falling on the last day. The hot tub was nice with wine. A positive adventure for anyone looking for a different change of pace.

Impressive....

This is one of most special B&B's we ever experienced. It truely captures the spirit of countryside, provides elegant, cozy, easy-going environment, and offers wonderful hospitality of the owners. Each morning, we looked forward to eating our delicious breakfast. The rooms are elegantly decorated, everything is of very good quality..robes, sheets, bathroom, a good selection of music cds.. In addition, they filled the rooms with thoughtful and generous goodies such as sodas, water, cookies, chocalates..The family room provides dvds and videos along with board games, etc..Coffee and tea were ready anytime..We couldn't believe how well everything was done. The hosts were also well organized and helpful for our sight visits around the area. They provided us maps and good tips for our exploration. Area has many small and medium size wineries, wonderful hiking areas, good restaurants..no time to get bored really.
Little things always matter. When we used the hot tub, big beautiful towels were immediately brought up, torches were lit.
I was truely impressed during the whole weekend. I plan on going back there again and again--

A Pleasure

The Orchard House B&B is a beautiful old home, in a scenic area of Virginia, with lovely, comfortable accommodations, scrumptious breakfasts, and wonderful, fun innkeepers, Deb and Richard. With kindness and good humor, they helped with anything I needed and answered my many questions about the area, local history, activities, and directions. I appreciated this very much. And I appreciated their great front porch where I could relax in the sun (or shade) and read a good book. My three-night stay at Orchard House could not have been more enjoyable. There is no doubt I will return.

Pure Relaxation

My husband and I decided to take a last minute jaunt to the Orchard House. Deb was extremely accomodating in making sure that we got a reservation (even though it was 24 hours before we arrived!) Richard greeted us and immediately gave us a tour of the home and property and made us feel at home right away. We stayed in the Northen Spy room which made us feel like we were in a luxurious treehouse! Richard even scoured his house for binoculars so we could get a closer look at the property's birds. The hot tub, torches and waffle knit robes made the trip top notch. We had a delightful breakfast and our hosts were very helpful in providing us a wealth of information about the surrounding area. They even provided us with maps and directions! It is clear that Richard and Deb put their heart and soul into their B&B. Don't miss it!

Retreat for the Retreat

What a wonderful place to have a retreat within a retreat! I scrapbook as a hobby and 10 of us got together at the Orchard House for a pleasant atmosphere in a lovely area nestled in the hills of Virginia. Our hosts were delightful, funny, friendly and created the environment of the comfort of home but serviced our every whim or need. I look forward to not only going back as a group but also taking my husband for a get-away weekend. Not only have I experienced a rejuvenation in my spirit but I've made two new friends with our hosts.

Wonderful Weekend

I was at Orchard House for a weekend scrapbooking escape for 10 friends. Deb and Richard were wonderful hosts and we had a great, relaxing weekend. Breakfast both mornings of our stay was excellent. The rooms are beautiful and the grounds are so relaxing. I enjoyed just sitting on the front porch swing for a few minutes of absolute peace! The set-up for scrapbooking was excellent. Special efforts were made to ensure that adequate lighting was available. I've already booked a weekend for my husband and I for our anniversary and the scrapbook group has planned a return visit!

Relaxation

Beautiful B&B with great hosts!! Most enjoyable stay at a resort that I have ever encountered. Will visit again and encourage everyone to give it a try.

Comments