1312 Commerce Street, Lynchburg, VA, 24504

Craddock Terry Hotel
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

• Our Wedding Night Experience

My wife and I went to this hotel in February, looking for a room for our Wedding night. They showed us a King Suite, and we really liked it, so we booked and paid for it that day. Done...so we thought. We were married on Oct. 4th, and showed up to get our room. We were handed a key, and were on our way. We got to the room and it was a regular King room, not a suite. We called down to the front desk, and were told they had given our room away just that day. The Matron of Honor and her husband had gone there that day and taken champagne to the room, and had ordered a nice dinner for us, which we never got, and they even tipped the lady $20 for it in advance. They made no attempt to keep us there, or to do anything for us. The lady at the reception desk offered no apology, and no explanation. They simply just tried to switch us without telling us, and made no attempt to call us in advance. We stood in the lobby, my wife in her wedding dress, and me in my tux, and were very unhappy. I have to say, never in my life, have I seen a worse example of customer service. I work in the customer service industry. When we went back to see the manager the next day, he had "no idea" how this happened, and we were told they had given it to another couple, because their party had also booked rooms. It was Parents weekend at Lynchburg College, so most hotels were completely booked. So at 11:30 at night, we were forced to find another hotel. I will not stay at this hotel, and plan to make it my mission to spread the word to my friends, relatives, and anyone I encounter travelling, not to stay at this hotel!

More about CRADDOCK TERRY HOTEL

Highly Recommend That You Stay at the Craddock Terry Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Peaches08fl

In June and July, I stayed at the hotel on three occasions for a total of eight days. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I can't say enough good things about their excellent accomodations, outstanding service and overall great hospitality!

Now that I live in Lynchburg I may have to reserve a room one wkend a month just to pamper myself! With the comfy robes, relaxing showers and oh so soft linens it's hard to return home!

Thanks to Marc and his staff for making this hotel a great place to get away.

See you again soon when my Dallas, TX and Orlando, FL friends come to Lynchburg to checkout the fall colors.

Sharon

This place is amazing!

by TripAdvisor Member felicia200

I love love love this hotel. They are simply amazing. The location, The serivce, The comfort and ALL of the special details. I have stayed here for business and pleasure and it is truly a GEM in Lynchburg, Virginia - I have never, ever been disappointed. The restaurants next door have the best service and even better dining - you will love your stay here at the Craddock Terry Hotel.

This is heaven!

by TripAdvisor Member TracyD34

My best friend and I meet bi-monthly at this lovely hotel for our "mommy getaway weekend". This was our fourth stay, and I felt I would be doing womankind a disservice if I didn't share our heavenly experiences! This hotel is truly one of a kind. From the beautiful exposed wooden beams in the ceiling, the aged brick walls, elegant bedding/decor...this is as upscale as it gets. The rooms and bathrooms are spacious and the bed puts every five star hotel I've ever stayed in to shame. The service is truly impeccable, and Mark, the manager made sure he printed directions to any spot we wanted to visit (we didn't even have to ask)!
Now, the food must be mentioned. Waterstone is in the basement of the hotel and serves brick-oven pizza, pasta, salads, and more...with a superb wine list. Prices were very reasonable and I'm still thinking about how delicious the food was! I've also visited Shoemakers (also on the property) and was pleased...great place if you're in the mood for upscale dining.
In closing, if you're ever looking for a wonderful, relaxing, pampering, heavenly time...do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a weekend at the Craddock Terry hotel! It's truly heaven on earth!!

Amazing hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jojola

Just spent 3 nights at the Craddock Terry and gotta say....WOW! I was completely blown away at what an amazing job they did in renovating the old Craddock Terry Building into a hotel. They missed nothing. It is a BEAUTIFUL hotel. The rooms are huge and very spacious as well as the bathroom's. If this hotel were in NY or Los Angeles, they would easily get 350 to 400 a night.
I travel alot to Lynchburg and now I have an amazing place to stay. LOVED it....Kudo's to the entire staff!!!!!!

All rooms are not created equal

by TripAdvisor Member SBC111

This was our second stay at the Craddock Terry and were looking forward to the stay based on our previous visit. Both times we booked a "Premium King" room and the first room (Room 503) was great! Large room with a sofa and a HUGE bathroom. Our second stay was not quite as nice, This time we had room 510 which faced the train tracks - VERY loud all night long. This room was much smaller with just a chair and the bathroom was half the size of our previous room.

When I inquired at the front desk I was assured that both rooms were indeed Premium Kings, but it was night and day difference.

I would say the hotel is by far the nicest in Lynchburg, but some rooms are nicer than others at the same cost. Avoid room 510 if possible.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member rtaylor433

My family and I had a great stay at this wonderful new hotel. I was somewhat concerned about a few reviews from travelers who found the proximity to active train tracks a sleep interrupter, but this became a non-issue for my family during our 3 night visit. The "white noise" machine provided upon request by the hotel staff provides a soft sound that can help cancel out train sounds. I am a light sleeper but had no problems sleeping during our stay.

The rooms are incredibly spacious and the beds very comfortable. It is apparent that a lot of work went into the retro-fit of this building that was once the shoe factory in town and is now a lovely and well appointed hotel. The nearby restaurant (Shoemakers) is excellent and another restaurant in the bottom floor called Waterstone has just opened and provides brick oven pizza and locally (on the premises) brewed beers.

Overall, I felt the hotel was a very nice addition in Lynchburg for the visitor who wants to enjoy an upscale place to stay without excessive cost.

Lynchburg Luxary

by TripAdvisor Member AlexandriaTraveller

Wow! This hotel really is the shining gem in downtown Lynchburg. We were told that this is the cornerstone of a major revitalization of the architecturally fascinating but somewhat threadbare downtown area. If this is a sign of what Lynchburg is moving toward the city will likely become a wonderful weekend destination.

The hotel is everything the positive reviews have reported. Located in a wonderfully restored factory space with luxurious accommodations at bargain prices rivaling the chains out on the interstate. We did hear trains faintly in the distance but they did not interfere with our sleep…perhaps this is because we live in an urban area which by comparison is much noisier at night.

Their restaurant, Shoemakers, was a real treat with prices that might make a trip down for a weekend a getaway from DC cuisine (and prices) worthwhile. Everything was perfectly prepared with enormous side dishes. My wife could have made a meal out of their cream corn alone…she reported it was the best she had ever had!

Bathroom is better than the Wynn in Las Vegas!

by TripAdvisor Member BuckeyeRichie

Just returned from a quick stay in Lynchburg and boy it's a great hotel. Friendly and knowledgeable front desk staff. Room was HUGE with a great bathroom. Not only were the fixtures upscale, even the towels were high quality. Didn't miss a trick!
Had a nice dinner at Waterstone (pasta and pizza) and would go back for the beer and pizza.
It's so close to the Community Market that you can walk over for the Friday night bands and biergarten or catch some really fresh produce early Saturday morning.
If you're headed to Lynchburg, it's a wonderful place to stay.

A Jewel of a Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member wzly76

I spent two nights here and will stay here whenever I return to Lynchburg! The room was amazing--I can't get over the size of the windows and the ceiling heights ( I was on the top floor). The staff were very friendly and helpful. This would be a perfect place to stay if you were doing a fall Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway drive.

Comments