CRADDOCK TERRY HOTEL

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 605 reviews
Historic Hotels Hotwire.com

Our Wedding Night Experience

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 16, 2008

My wife and I went to this hotel in February, looking for a room for our Wedding night. They showed us a King Suite, and we really liked it, so we booked and paid for it that day. Done...so we thought. We were married on Oct. 4th, and showed up to get our room. We were handed a key, and were on our way. We got to the room and it was a regular King room, not a suite. We called down to the front desk, and were told they had given our room away just that day. The Matron of Honor and her husband had gone there that day and taken champagne to the room, and had ordered a nice dinner for us, which we never got, and they even tipped the lady $20 for it in advance. They made no attempt to keep us there, or to do anything for us. The lady at the reception desk offered no apology, and no explanation. They simply just tried to switch us without telling us, and made no attempt to call us in advance. We stood in the lobby, my wife in her wedding dress, and me in my tux, and were very unhappy. I have to say, never in my life, have I seen a worse example of customer service. I work in the customer service industry. When we went back to see the manager the next day, he had "no idea" how this happened, and we were told they had given it to another couple, because their party had also booked rooms. It was Parents weekend at Lynchburg College, so most hotels were completely booked. So at 11:30 at night, we were forced to find another hotel. I will not stay at this hotel, and plan to make it my mission to spread the word to my friends, relatives, and anyone I encounter travelling, not to stay at this hotel!

Nearby CRADDOCK TERRY HOTEL

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Airport Transportation

Lynchburg Travel Forum

Need advice about Lynchburg, Virginia? Visit the Travel Forum for Lynchburg and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lynchburg hotel reviews