Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax

Hilton McLean Tyson's CornerHilton McLean Tyson's Corner

Long term accomodation suggestions

by sonimumbai

Hi Travellers,
I am relocating to McLean VA soon with my family of wife and a small kid. There we will be living for an year or so.I want to know about the residentials apartments available in McLean. I will be working in Jones Branch - Freddie Mac area.

My requirements are -: 1Bed-1Bath room, Nice Kitchen, good society and amenities . Near to shoppings/metro/public utilities. I want to keep rent under 900 USD.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance !

Re: Long term accomodation suggestions

by zanzooni

You are moving to one of the most expensive areas of Metro DC. To find what you are looking for at the price is non-existent. I know exactly where you will be working. Seriously, go to Craigslist. It's very popular around here and we all pretty much use it unlike many regions. You will also be in the Tyson's Corner area, as well as Great Falls and Reston. I'd try Reston before the other's. It's still a bit of a commute, but not too bad. Herndon might be another option for you as well. I just searched CL for you at $900@month and nothing came up. Zero. One came up for Herndon, 2bdrm, and nothing for Reston. Hope this helps. ~

Re: Long term accomodation suggestions

by Yogues

I don't think you'll find anything for that price (closer to $1500 for a one bedroom), but there are several apartment complexes off of Old Meadow Road in McLean (very close to Jones Branch). They are not furnished - don't know if that matters or not. One is Dolly Madison Apartments (http://www.dolleymadisonapartments.com/) - my wife lived there before we were married and they are nice, nothing fancy, but nice and close to Jones Branch Drive, Tyson's Corner, etc.

Comments