1960 Chain Bridge Rd, McLean, VA 22102

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Tysons Corner

Very nice staff!

by TripAdvisor Member EM2009

Our delayed flight arrived 12 hours later than we were planning and we checked into the hotel at 6 in the morning. At check-in, they extended our checkout time, as we were exhausted from our tiring flight and provided us with missing items, such as toothbrushes and toothpaste, due to our luggage being missing. The hotel is in easy walking distance to Gallerias. The hotel is a bit hidden and easy to miss. Overall we had a great short stay at this hotel!

Great Value for the Area

by TripAdvisor Member Postscript

I just spent the weekend at the Holiday Inn Tysons Corner. I use to live and work in the area and I know how expensive it can be but I was able to stay at this hotel for $89 a night. The staff was very friendly and nice. I was able to obtain close parking. The room was clean and nice. I went to an antique show in the hotel and it was a very nice setup. I also ate two breakfasts and one lunch while staying there and the food was good and the service also. I will definitely stay there again.

Nice hotel, great room service

by TripAdvisor Member Skeklund

I spent two nights here in Aprl. I've stayed in a lot of Holiday Inns in the past couple of years, and this one was one of the best. The rooms were clean, looked like they were recently decorated, more of a masculine decor. The lobby is very nice. The buffet breakfast was the same as other H.I. buffets, decent food, but nothing special. We had room service, and the food was very good, very quick service. The chicken pot pie was one of, if not the best I've ever had. There was one problem - I was meeting a friend, he had booked first, when I booked I requested an adjoinging room. When I checked in they said that's what we had. However, his was 2 doors down. He called, and they said they couldn't do anything, try back the next day. My friend had booked just a couple of days before, I had booked the day before, so that probably had something to do with it, but they shouldn't have said they were adjoining when they really weren't. The next day I had to call a couple of times before they said they would be able to do something. His was ready around 1, they told me mine would be ready around 3. Well, it wasn't ready, it got to be close to 4, I went to the desk and he told me it would be at least another 45 minutes! They were in the process of cleaning it, they had a shortage of staff, etc. I asked if I could put my stuff in there while they finished cleaning, and he said no. I really got peeved and started griping, and someone else heard what was going on and let me put my stuff in there. I emailed H.I. about this and have yet to hear from them. I asked the desk to arrange for a taxi for me the next day, and they did, and it was early, and it was a very nice town car. So, other than the room problem, the hotel was great, very clean, neat, great room service, great dinners. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it, and tell people if they want adjoining rooms, to book early.

Good Friendly Business Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LeatherFoot

This hotel is great for business or short stays. When I was there they were in the process of changing it to a Crowne Plaza. Not sure why, as most Crownes I've stayed at aren't that great.

Facilities here are generally good: The buffet breakfast was "so so", for the price. If your not a fan of "all you can eat breakfast", then I would recommend getting room service to send something up. For less than $10 order something a la carte.. They also have a Pub/Restaurant called O'Malley's, I ate there twice and found the food to be very good for bar fare. It is also non-smoking, which is a change for Virginia where most bars still have smoking. For the smoker there is a courtyard with tables outside.

Other facilities include a well equipped exercise room and a large indoor pool. Kids will love this..

Location is very close to Tysons shopping mall, and most of the businesses in the Mclean/Tysons area. The only downside is this area is expensive as far as hotels go. Don't expect much change for $200/night.

Super Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member IntheLight

We booked two rooms for a small family reunion after Christmas.
The rate was so low that we were a little suspicious. We were very pleasantly surprised. The rooms are not very large as expected for a city hotel, but very comfortable. Great beds and linens. Very clean with new furnishings.
There is a nice bar and restaurant on site. The early bird
special for dinner cannot be beat, a ribeye steak, salad, veg. dessert for 14.75 and very well prepared. In contrast the breakfast buffet is very boring for 12.75, many hotels offer a similar breakfast bar as part of the room rate.
The pool and hottub are resort quality. But, if you have children
take note that it is not open during the day on Sat/Sun until 4:00
The hotel offers complementary shuttle to either Tysons or across the street Tysons II. The staff are very polite and professional. If you get a great rate it is a fantastic bargain, if not you get a first rate hotel.
One other note get a really close up Mapquest of how to get into
the entrance. A little tricky the first time.

Comments