Mount Vernon Hotels

Our Members Say

• besbel profile photo besbel
  • Reviews: 183
No accommodation-just daytrip

Mount Vernon can be visited during a daytrip. It's better to consider lodging in Washington DC, Arlington or Alexandria and take the boat tours to Mount Vernon. This place is also reachable by car, not sure if by bus, too. At least inside the Mount Vernon estate there is no possibility to stay.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written April 12, 2008
Tip Photo

Mount Vernon from the Potomac

• matcrazy1 profile photo matcrazy1
  • Reviews: 8368

Quality Inn, Woodbridge, VA: General information

Mount Vernon is a census-designated place with no seperate local government which is in Alexandria. So, whenever you look for accommodations close to the George Washington's Estate and Gardens look for them in Alexandria.

Excuse me, I didn't sleep in Mount Vernon itself or in Alexandria but I slept in 3 hotels in nearby Arlington, Virginia (Days Inn Arlington, the Hyatt Regency Crystal City and Sheraton National Hotel).

Well, there are no accommodations very close to George Washington's Estate. There are a few hotels along nearby US-1 (Richmond Hwy), from the north: Southern Motel (#8257 tel. 703-780-5511), Keystone Motel (#8588 tel. 703-780-5210), Best Western Mt Vernon (#8751 tel. 703-781-4400) and Econo Lodge Mt Vernon (#8849 tel. 703-780-0300). I would choose either Best Western for $69.00 or Econo Lodge for $59.99 per night (2 people, add 8.5% tax).

WITH DISCOUNT COUPONS
I took 3 leaflets, discount guides with hotel coupons in Virginia when I stopped at Fredericksburg Virginia Welcome Center located by I-95 (between exit 126 and 118) on my way from Washington D.C. to Richmond. These books (on my picture) were available in all Virginia Welcome Centers (map: here) and official Virginia tourist information offices. Even at night they were usually put in a box in front of closed doors of the Welcome Center.

For 1-2 nights I would choose Quality Inn, Woodbridge, VA. Why? Because of good price as for that area and... I chose Quality Inn a few times in the USA (always for 1 night) and I was satisfied.

Other pro's:
1. Price: $54.95 per night Sun - Thur for 1-4 persons. Add $5 for Fri & Sat, 8.5% tax, valid only with coupon at check-in, based on availability. One of the cheapest accommodotations in my discount coupon books.
2. Deluxe continental breakfast
3. Coffee and micro/fridge in all rooms.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average