Travelodge Newportnews

13700 Warwick Blvd, Newport News, VA 23602

More about Newport News

The James River at Newport NewsThe James River at Newport News

One of August Crabtree's fabulous modelsOne of August Crabtree's fabulous models

Rowing boatsRowing boats

Menu of the Belgian Waffle and Steak HouseMenu of the Belgian Waffle and Steak House

Travel Tips for Newport News

Spot odd

by Maria250

"The city of Newport News Virginia is centrally located in the Hampton Roads region of Virginia, bordered on the west by the James River and on the south by Hampton Roads Harbor. Newport News is a perfect destination for those interested in maritime history as well as American military history, not to mention opera and fine arts -- Newport News has it all..it's home to a variety of historical, cultural and leisure-time activities. If its maritime history you’re interested in, visit the Newport News Virginia Mariner's Museum that features over 800 model ship on exhibit & display of the USS Monitor ironclad battleship of the Civil War.." http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/virginia/newport-news.php

As for me I landed midnight at Newport News/Williamsburg Airport where at (that time of arrival) no point or person of service were provided at all!! A few other lady passengers trying to get to Norfolk, were lost like me. It took me an hour to get me a cab, then driving straight like endless on Warwick Blvd to a hotel which was probably like a one-night-cheap motel (with even no coffeemaker). A very kind lady behind a big (weapons) secured window did the check in procedure. Have never been in my intire life to such a spot, and was thankful I had DELTA, right the next dawn, helping me on shorten/re-arranging my complete VA stay, and got me on the next plane possible to TX! Great folks at DELTA!

A dark street that follows like an arguement of insidious intent..to lead to an overwhelming question..oh, do not ask "What is it?"

..There will be time to wonder "Do I dare?"
..Time to turn back and descend the stair.. "Do I dare?"
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
for decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse..

The night sleeps so peacefully
..asleep.. tired..or it malingers,
stretched on the floor here beside me
Should I.. have the strenght to force the moment to its crisis?
But though I have wept and fasted, wept, and prayed..
I'm not a prophet - and here's no great matter..
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker
And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
and in short, I was afraid.

And would it have been worth it, after all..
To have bitten off the matter with a smile,
To have squeezed the universe into a ball
To roll it forward toward to some overwhelming question..
Should I say: "That is not what I meant at all.
That is not it, at all."

And would it have been worth it, after all,
would it have been worth while,
after the sunsets and the dooryards and the sprinkled street..
-J.Prufrock

My bad I yet missed Virginia's great historic sites. Speaking about history..

..May 1776 the Virginia Convention..passed a motion instructing Virginia's congressional delegation "to propose to that respectable body to declare the United Colonies free and independent States, absolved from all allegiance to, or dependence upon, the Crown or Parliament of Great Britain". In accordance with those instructions, on June 7, Richard Henry Lee of Virginia presented a resolution of independence to Congress..

The United States Declaration of Independence was a statement adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, announcing that the thirteen American colonies then at war with Great Britain were no longer a part of the British Empire. Written primarily by Thomas Jefferson, the Declaration was a formal explanation of why Congress had voted on July 2 to declare independence from Great Britain..

The Declaration..grew over the years, most notably through the influence of Abraham Lincoln, who viewed the Declaration as an ideal for which the nation should strive, especially as expressed in Jefferson's famous preamble:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. wikipedia

Comments