Americas Best Value Inn Norfolk
Very nice for the price
We booked this hotel two months in advance on Expedia at a rate of $35/night. When we arrived there (July 23 , 2010) we were very pleasantly surprised with how much we got for that price. We had a room with two queen-size beds, a HUGE bathroom with lot of mirrors and, of course things you get in most hotels: small refrigerator, TV, coffee machine with free coffee, toiletries, hair dryer, etc. The room was very clean, but it smelled a little old, however everything looked and worked well. We had free Wi-Fi and free continental breakfast every day (bagels, donuts, cereal, fruit, coffee, juice).
What I loved about this hotel:
1. a cheap way to get a vacation at the beach. The inn is right off the highway, 15 minutes from Virginia beach and we used to drive every day to the beach.
2. they are environment-conscious: we could choose to have our sheets and towels replaced every day or to reuse them (not all hotels have that)
3. courteous and helpful staff
4. clean & well equipped
5. they have an outdoor pool , away from the street and the pubic, a indoor pool and a hot tub
What I didn't like:
1. I wish the breakfast was available at later times. So far they serve it between 6 am and 9 am.
2. some people with crazy kids were accommodated on our floor and one night all we heard was kids running, screaming on the hallway and crying.
2. some people with crazy kids were accomodated on our floor
Unique Quality: Outdoor Pool that is in the middle of the property, so it's not right at the street
Indoor pool & hot tub
very close to Virginia beach
Directions: it's in the city, but pretty close to the highway that takes you to Virginia Beach. There are a lot of shops, restaurants and supermarkets in the neighborhood
Keep on searching, you don't want this hotel
The thick mattress pads help tone down the pain from the springs coming through the mattress. Thier idea of high speed internet was going to the main lobby and plugging in to an eithernet cord. Thier delux breakfast includes granolia or rasin bran, soggy blueberry muffins, and stell bagels, oh and less not forget the milk that sits out for three hours! Also hope your an early riser because breakfast is served between 6am til 9am. The walls and floors were filthy, I asume the maids don't know how to use soap and water or a shampooer. we checked out after two days and checked into a roach motel on the beach that makes this Americas Best Value Inn look like the dump that it is. and yes the roach motel has hi speed thats how I'm writing this review. The only nice things I have to say about this place is the rooms are very spacious, and the staff are very friendly. BTW don't bother packing a bathing suit the pools remain closed, and from what we could see from the windows they were also dirtier than the rooms. and the fitness center and whirlpool are in the pool area WHICH IS PAD LOCKED! Save your money, the advertisments for this hotel are a lie!
- Page House Inn
- Navy Lodge Little Creek
- Residence Inn Norfolk Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
Norfolk Travel Forum
Need advice about Norfolk, Virginia? Visit the Travel Forum for Norfolk and ask our Answer Gurus.